Adventist Online

I went to a youth weekend camp to day and what i found suprised me,i think it is the reason why christ has not come to colect his people because he can not identify them,i mean look at christians today they do not defer from worldly people.They dress the same clothes they talk the same things they dance and sing they same,and most christian website have almost the same things as the worldly websites it's just that the are put in a bibilical way.Do you think christ can come with this kind of things hapening

Views: 117

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The truth is an many highlight, "As in the days of Noah..." but I want us to focus differently.... what can we do. Individually, we can choose to be different. As said in one song, "You life may be the only bible many may read..." that being the case, what we can do is try to live our lives like Christ. Secondly, let us not give up on the youth who seem to be falling by the way but let us rather choose to encourage them and support them......

If each one of us do our little part we can make a big change.
There is a quote in Christ's Object Lessons, page 69, that has helped me to know when Jesus will come. It says "Christ is waiting with longing desire for the manifestation of Himself in His church. When the character of Christ shall be perfectly reproduced in His people, then He will come to claim them as His own."

As I consider such wondrous words I see that I am the one holding Him back from coming. It's not someone else or what they are doing. It is my failure to allow Him to fully change me into the person He longs for me to be.

Lord Jesus - I humbly bow before you asking that you will fill us all with your Spirit that we shall be made into your image, into your likeness. May you come into us that the only thing that others will see is you in us. Then as they become like you also then you can finish this work and we can all be with you forever! Amen.

Seek with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind to be like Him. Nothing else matters, nothing else matters, nothing...
I think the boat has capsized. :)

JMHO
Thank you for your thoughts and perspective, bro. Harris. The humble spirit of Jesus is what I need. Happy Sabbath.
Bro harris you are right.Christ has to see him in us not us in the world or the world in us
Bro harris you are right.Christ has to see him in us not us in the world or the world in us
One thing I am confident about -- that it is within our power to hasten the day of Jesus return. (2Peter 3:12)

And if it within our power to hasten that day, then it is also within our power to delay it.

"It is the privilege of every Christian, not only to look for, but to hasten the coming of the Saviour. If the church will put on the robe of Christ's righteousness, withdrawing from all allegiance with the world, there is before her the dawn of a bright and glorious day." (AA 600-601)
A part of the minister's work has always been to "teach My people the difference between the holy and profane, and cause them to discern [or distinguish] between the unclean and the clean." (Eze 44:23)

This cannot be an Old Testament injunction only. Because without the ability to clearly distinguish between Godly ways, and the ways of the world, then we, as a people, will not be able to fulfill our part in the work:

"let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God." (2Cor 7:1)

The ministers are to teach the difference between the holy and profane (or common).
Thus the people may be better equipped to abhor the one, and to take hold on the other.
"But like the stars in the vast circuit of their appointed path, God's purposes know no haste and no delay." DA 32
toche' : )

But aren't both ideas true?
Perhaps.
Stewart ... you say: "toche' : )

But aren't both ideas true?"

This brings up an interesting side bar if I may. I've been accused by a member here of being 'disagreeable'. And I think this might be a prime example. Let me explain. I believe that there is always two sides to a coin. IOWs ... for most any belief you can find truth in the opposite. ANd I think you can find SOP and Biblical support for many of these opposite beliefs. Personally I feel that the danger is in the extremes. I frequently point out the opposite belief because there is Truth and understanding in both sides. I may not believe as one might think. But I think it is good to expand our horizons and consider how someone else can focus.

The 'narrow' road is the middle path. The paths to the left and the right are not a good choice. They are the paths that most choose. Avoid the extremes !!! Avoid intolerance.

As for me .... I will return to pointing out both sides even if it appears I am disagreeable. :) But then ... I've always been for the underdog and the little guy.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2022   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service