Adventist Online

I went to the World Harvest Outreach Church SDA Church with my family.  Doug Batechelor was preaching there.  So far, okay, right.  Wrong.  I use a Walker for my OPMD.  I tried to follow my family, because I didn't want to lost in the crowd.  I was kicked in the wheels of my walker, shoved, pushed in front of and even struck by fellow Adventists, and had to find a method of escape to avoid the constant selfish beating.  Then, I went to the parking lot, and several people, some of who were giving that beating, were sitting in the handicapped parking lot eating, while not being handicapped.   I challenged them on it and got flippant answers, until I threatened to call the police.  However one lazy non-handicapped man, whose TX License plate is: 7DV NFZ, in a Blue Toyota Matrix.  Then someone took the time scratch up our car.  When we dropped by the local church, to resolve an issue of my son being picked on and austricised my son, his grandmother started cussing everyone out.  I said, I was tired of the Anti-Semitic nonsense, and I would leave before I said something I would regret.  It was being hashed out with the Pastor until this woman got in my wife's face and screamed at her and made her cry.  Livingston, SDA Church.  My daughter was crying, so I went back in and yelled at the lady not to ever yell at my wife and make her cry.  Then she put her finger in my face and called me a 'Nigger'.  That devolved into me calling her an Anti-Semitic Bitch.  Then the Pastor's wife told me I was the problem and to leave.  So, I told them, 'Fine, I have taken two beatings from Adventists today, I renounce you and this religion!' and left.

I don't want to be an Adventist anymore.

Views: 2846

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Heisenberg,

Didn’t Jesus say that we are to forgive those who hurt us?

Matthew 6:14 For if you forgive men their trespasses, your Heavenly Father will also forgive you.

Whatever was done should have been between you, your family and the Lord. But you want pity for having to have a disability. You want people to stop and acknowledge that you are handicap (your words).

I knew a person, a friend who had cancer.  This person wasn’t a Christian, but if you didn’t know this person had cancer, you wouldn’t have known the person had cancer.

You should examine yourself.

Your Christianity has some serious flaws. Even the Pagans are more compassionate than you are. But I have noticed you only pull out texts that suits you at the time. 

And he also disciplines. 

Job 13-4-12, 'You, however, smear me with lies;
    you are worthless physicians, all of you!
If only you would be altogether silent!
    For you, that would be wisdom.
Hear now my argument;
    listen to the pleas of my lips.
Will you speak wickedly on God’s behalf?
    Will you speak deceitfully for him?
Will you show him partiality?
    Will you argue the case for God?
Would it turn out well if he examined you?
    Could you deceive him as you might deceive a mortal?
10 He would surely call you to account
    if you secretly showed partiality.
11 Would not his splendor terrify you?
    Would not the dread of him fall on you?
12 Your maxims are proverbs of ashes;
    your defenses are defenses of clay.'

Romans 12:17-19, ' Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. 18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 19 Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,”[d] says the Lord.'

James 2:' My brothers and sisters, believers in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ must not show favoritism. Suppose a man comes into your meeting wearing a gold ring and fine clothes, and a poor man in filthy old clothes also comes in. If you show special attention to the man wearing fine clothes and say, “Here’s a good seat for you,” but say to the poor man, “You stand there” or “Sit on the floor by my feet,” have you not discriminated among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts?

Listen, my dear brothers and sisters: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him? But you have dishonored the poor. Is it not the rich who are exploiting you? Are they not the ones who are dragging you into court? Are they not the ones who are blaspheming the noble name of him to whom you belong?

If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, “Love your neighbor as yourself,”[a] you are doing right. But if you show favoritism, you sin and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers. 10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. 11 For he who said, “You shall not commit adultery,”[b] also said, “You shall not murder.”[c] If you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker.

12 Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom, 13 because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment.

Faith and Deeds

14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? 15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.”

Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. 19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

20 You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless[d]? 21 Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,”[e] and he was called God’s friend. 24 You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.

25 In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction? 26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead..'

Matthew 12:32-37, '“Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit. 34 You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of. 35 A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him. 36 But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken. 37 For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned..'

Matthew 25:40-48, '“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Gene, by your own words, you have condemned yourself.

Jesus has great compassion, without caring for others, as the love of God is why He sent His Son, then that kind of Christianity is a cold dead one. All the talk about counterfeit spirits, false tongues etc., we know there's counterfeits, but what about the true God and His power?

God wants to save, heal and deliver, and can when believed.

LOL.

HELLO GENE THE COUNSELOR.  LOL.  TRY TO FOLLOW THE THREAD.  WHAT I MEANT WAS THAT IF A PERSON WHO PARKS IN A HANDICAP SPACE AND THERE ARE NO OBVIOUS HANDICAPS OR DIFFICULTIES, THEN MAYBE THE PERSON HAS MENTAL ISSUES.

Hello,Heisenburg

The only true path to healing is forgiveness. Many people enter Church seeking a person path to Glory and fail to understand the power of Chrisr love. They take on an exclusive demeanor and condemn rather than embrace. Those Christians who failed to love you are missing out on a great blessing. Find it in your heart to forgive and go where God leads you.

Leon

Leon I do agree with you on this indeed. 

Forgiveness is not the issue, admonition for literally beating the 'Least of these,' in the House of God,  But, this evil cannot go unanswered,

True Heisenberg You have been treated in a way no one should be treated by anyone, be they "Christians" or pagans, I know if I had been in your situation I would have done the same that you did for sure. 

Newer the less as our resident Jesuit has pointed out we need to turn the other cheek, a thing that is very hard to do as in your situation I know.

What amazes me about the whole story is as they seem to be worse behaved than pagans, what on earth were they doing attending the church?  

That was my thought too.  I haven't seen this much evil in general public let alone in a Church.  I know when this happens as a matter of course in a Church the Holy Spirit leaves, and they are abandoned to evil spirits.  But, like the woman who was cut into twelve pieces and sent to the twelve tribes, this  sin must be brought to light.  It has done some physical and psychological damage.  The first 5 years of my career I was shot at fairly regularly, which created PTSD,  Now, my worst nightmare has come true since becoming a disabled person, being a victim of violence which really has heightened that.  I am reluctant to even go outside.  And now, even when forced to, I do it while carrying a firearm.  I refuse to be a victim ever gain. If I receive a mob beat down again, I will use whatever means necessary to preserve myself from great bodily harm.  I have had to double up on my pain medication from the blows I received al over my body,  Even now, I still ache

Heisenberg,

It sounds as if you need some spiritual counseling, you have an angry spirit. You believe that people owe you something because of your condition.  You’re seeing yourself as a victim (the least of these, you say) which makes it easier for you to lash out at others, couple that with the fear anxiety, the pain medication and the PTSD which makes for a precarious situation.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2022   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service