Adventist Online

Why is it so hard for a young man like me about to be 20 this year to find someone that's like minded as me and that's compatible. And when I say stuff like I want to get married and stuff people say that I'm to young and that I shouldn't be worried about that type of stuff and should just date and have fun and what not. But if I just go and date and have fun and never take a relationship serious how will I be able to make that transition from that fast paced no care dating lifestyle to a more serious ready to settle down lifestyle if I don't start early? Because I"m ready for that serious settle down relationship pretty much always have been but its hard to find someone close to my age that's ready as well. Not trying to rush anything I want to take my time be friends then let  it grow into a relationship and then more. I'm just saying that as a young male the benefits of being married are way much better than outside of marriage basically if you understand. so tell me what do you think?

Views: 82

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm 19 going on 20 Lord bless in october 

I found this on Facebook and thought of you:

"Sometimes God doesn't change your situation because he is trying to change your heart".

Don't know if it applies or not. Just thought it was good.

Even though I'm a lot older now, I remember thinking the same things when I was in my late teens and early 20s.  Finding out that there won't be marriage and children and all those experiences in heaven does make a young person want to find someone and experience it now.  It is easy for us to tell you no, you're too young or all those other things but it isn't easy to be the one waiting.

I've got two kids slightly older than you, my son has left the church and my daughter is not sure where she stands.  Being in that age group, it is hard to find a christian partner, let alone an adventist.  Plus if you aren't at an adventist school, it''s even worse.  Try networking with adventist singles.  Pray about God's will.  Realize that if God has better things in heaven for us that missing out of marriage here isn't the end of the world even if it seems like it.  I'll be praying for you.  I know some of what you are going thru between my past and my kids.  Hang in there.

Wow, you're wise ahead of your years! I'd be proud to have you as my son! I think you're on the right track, and have a good sense of right from wrong. Consider the sources that tell you to follow the world's system.... are they walking their walk with God?..or with satan?

We are to be equally yoked. God has chosen the PERFECT bride for you, if you will just ask Him for her, trust Him in His timing to present her to you, and be patient for her introduction.

Remain a virgin. Fornication is a formidable sin that destroys, your self-worth, your relationship with your future bride, and much more. 

I highly recommend you read WOMAN'S TRUE DESIRE by Danielle Strarenkyj  This book will spell out and break it down for you exactly how God wants/needs us to be real men of God and how to view and treat the woman in our life. Thus, in response, she is then, and only then, able to blossom into the creature that He has instilled in her DNA, to be a woman, a wife, a mother like no other, that will deliver to you unforeseen, unknown blessings that allow you to further be the man God intends for you to become!  I implore you to aquire this book (www.amazon.com), even if someone else needs to buy it for you.

is it only available at amazon?

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2014   Created by Clark P.