Adventist Online

I see so many people that become very hard to live with when they start reading Ellen White's writings. Some become horrible to live around and seem to lose any joy they previously had. They actually become miserable. One who helped lead me to Christ actually came to the point where he said he could no longer even talk to me because I was unclean. It seems like something clicks in their heads and they no longer know how to enjoy fellowship. The last thing he ever said to me was...  If you are going to be one of God's chosen, you have to be perfect... 

Anyways, God is good... 

Views: 1409

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I say that those who are critical its because Christ isnot applied in their lives.

But to a greater extent its the people that watch them who are a problem because those who read Egw writings become a rebuke to them... and then they say that they are Critics and all.

The example in the OP makes it pretty clear: the problem is not, that they become a rebuke through their lifes or that they rebuke, but the way how they do it, cause rebuking without love is condemning.

I am curious are you familiar with the true chronology of EG White message, and significant changes her beliefs. Are you aware of her semi-arian beliefs, and her counsel regarding living sin free with out the influence of the Holy Spirit during the time of probation. How can these statements come from a prophet who is itimately connected to God.

Ellen White is supported by the Bible. 

He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he that is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. Revelation 22:11

When the work of the investigative judgment closes, the destiny of all will have been decided for life or death. Probation is ended a short time before the appearing of the Lord in the clouds of heaven. Christ in the Revelation, looking forward to that time, declares: “He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. And, behold, I come quickly; and My reward is with Me, to give every man according as his work shall be.” Revelation 22:11, 12.{CIHS 127.1}
The righteous and the wicked will still be living upon the earth in their mortal state—men will be planting and building, eating and drinking, all unconscious that the final, irrevocable decision has been pronounced in the sanctuary above. Before the Flood, after Noah entered the ark, God shut him in and shut the ungodly out; but for seven days the people, knowing not that their doom was fixed, continued their careless, pleasure-loving life and mocked the warnings of impending judgment. “So,” says the Saviour, “shall also the coming of the Son of man be.”Matthew 24:39. Silently, unnoticed as the midnight thief, will come the decisive hour which marks the fixing of every man’s destiny, the final withdrawal of mercy’s offer to guilty men.{CIHS 127.2}

I am curious too.  Are you inquiring Mr. Bryan in the spirit of inquiry or disbelief?  Do you attend the Adventist Church and/or are you a member?  As you know, the Bible must be read "line by line, word for word" to get its meaning in a state of receptive prayerfulness.  I would imagine that Mrs. White's writings would require the same since we do not have her to answer our inquiries. 

I am a progressive Adventist and a member who does not believe that Ellen White is a Prophet. I have read Ellen White line by line, and studied her history. She has many works that are wonderful, yet she also has many contradictions which cannot be reconciled with the Bible. I find that many other Adventist are unwilling to critically examine Ellen White. They have been taught that her word in the final word. Thus, if there is an issue or an inconsistency they are apt to ignore it. I find that this is a dangerous practice which significantly interferes with spiritual growth. I don't believe that God wants any of his servants to be elevated to the position that the SDA church has put Ellen White. We must read the bible line by line and gain the insight from the spirit. Ellen White writings are not in any way on par with the word of God.

Ellen White is the prophet for this end time remnant Church. Progressive Adventists are not real SDAs ...

Jason, we want to allow some latitude for some discussion.  Please don't close it off so soon.  We have Adventists from around the world here.  What are your feelings and rewards when you encounter Mrs. White's writings?  Have you encountered inconsistencies?  David.

What is a real SDA?

Progressive Adventism is everything SDA is not. The Baptists are closer to SDA than 'progressive' Adventists ...

Progressive Adventists are members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church who disagree with certain beliefs traditionally held by mainstream Adventism and officially by the church. They are often described as liberal Adventism by other Adventists, the term "progressive" is generally preferred as a self-description. 

Progressives typically disagree with one or more of the church's basic beliefs such as the Sabbath or "distinctive" beliefs such as the investigative judgment, the remnant, a future global Sunday-law, or a use of Ellen G. White's writings. They also tend to question some of the denomination's 28 fundamental beliefs: with debate arising on the nature of the Trinity, perpetuity of the Law of God, the Nature of Christ, the Gift of ProphecyCreation or observance of the seventh-day Sabbath."[1] It also has many similarities with the ecumenical emerging church movement which those involved in, mostly agree on is their disillusionment with the organized and institutional church.[2] Perceptions and definitions of it may differ somewhat depending on the author, although much in common is also clearly discernible.

'Progressive' Adventists can rightly be called  Adventists in that they look forward to the return of Christ just as Satan does.

You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that--and shudder. James 2:19

Jason Ellen White was definitely progressive other wisr God would not have used. Every prophet of God was progressive for they age which is why they faced the same scorn that progressive Christians face today.

I believe we have different meanings of the word 'progressive'. 

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2021   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service