Adventist Online

Friends,

I have been an Adventist for almost 30 years and I have never heard the 2520 prophecy being preached at my church. Why hasn't it been a part of Adventist beliefs?

Views: 420

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for your post, Richard. To me, the quote about no time setting beyond 1844 Hammers home the message quite firmly.

"I plainly stated at the Jackson camp meeting to these fanatical parties that they were doing the work of the adversary of souls; they were in darkness. They claimed to have great light that probation would close in October, 1884. I there stated in public that the Lord had been pleased to show me that there would be no definite time in the message given of God since 1844.?Selected Messages 2:73 (1885). {LDE 35.3}"

If you believe what EGW writes there is no more argument about 2520 it can be seen as a false prophecy. 

True

Because it is a false prophecy. Too many  adventists are trying to bring false doctrines into the church.

Yes, that is the truth Freedom: 

While exalting the “sure word of prophecy” as a safe guide in times of peril, the apostle [Peter] solemnly warned the church against the torch of false prophecy, which would be uplifted by “false teachers,” who would privily bring in “damnable heresies, even denying the Lord.” These false teachers, arising in the church and accounted true by many of their brethren in the faith, the apostle compared to “wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved forever.” “The latter end is worse with them,” he declared, “than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.” {AA 535.1}

YOU HAVE PROBABLY NEVER HEARD OF THE URANTIA BOOK EITHER, FOUNDED BY A WACKO SDA PHYSICIAN AND CONTEMPORARY OF EGW AND IN LAW WITH THE KELLOGGS.   DONT READ THE BOOK, IT IS TRASH AND DEMONIC, BUT IT IS GOOD TO KNOW.  THE DR WAS WILLIAM SADLER MD.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service