Adventist Online

Why is there so much Spiritualism on television, especially children shows?

Seriously everything is about Vampires, Werewolves, and something Witchcraft. It is in EVERYTHING. I have 3 small girls well 10, 4 and 14 months. I have had to start majorly filtering tv or movies. I always have but where Nick Jr, Sprout, and PBS Kids use to be OK. Not anymore not at all there is an AMAZING amount of magic. It is even teaching our little ones to make request from "stars" and other types of wishes or request from things that you have to "believe" in. This brand new show by the name of Tree Fu Tom actually has the kids repeat after him in these sayings and body gestures calling on magic I have one mind to truly believe he is teaching the kids to do some type of true magic pentagram stuff with their bodies or something. I have been serious about having worship with my kids and explaining why some of these things mommy is saying No they can not watch too. But I cant even believe the things I am having to explain to them. Like it is not fun to explain to a 4 yr old without scaring them that they cant sing that song or do that action because the song is literally having them request some sort of power other than God's to come within them.

Views: 3049

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Avatar messed a lot of people up too..

"(CNN) -- James Cameron's completely immersive spectacle "Avatar" may have been a little too real for some fans who say they have experienced depression and suicidal thoughts after seeing the film because they long to enjoy the beauty of the alien world Pandora.

On the fan forum site "Avatar Forums," a topic thread entitled "Ways to cope with the depression of the dream of Pandora being intangible," has received more than 1,000 posts from people experiencing depression and fans trying to help them cope."

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Movies/01/11/avatar.movie.blues/ind...

Kristina, I will not go into details because quite frankly, the more I realise what you believe when it comes to imagination, the more the artist in me gets stronger in trying to push me to pull my hair off.

To make it simple, Correlation does not imply causation

Also, the fact that you think D&D is somehow the end of a dangerous slipery slope...

I mean, there is nothing, in my human experience, that can bring me to that level of anxiety and paranoia toward human creativity. This is fascinating to me and rather troubling. If I was standing in front of you right now, I would probably shake you and ask you continuously if this was a joke, Really??

1.) Let me make this clear for the last time.. I am not against all creativity, and fantasy, just those things that I have seen lead children down the path of Which Craft and the occult (as most D&D kids do end up doing.. many are now 40 year old "witches" and very serious about their religion..). All I have argued is that things with anti Biblical themes are dangerous..

2.) Again you are being pretty insulting.. I come from a family full of artists and musicians .. I was already doing some pretty impressive oil paintings when I was a kid, and performing on stage.. At my last family reunion their were over 50 people playing instruments together perfectly in unison... And my sisters son had his first abstract peace in a museum by the time he was 7.. 

So frankly that "artist in me" cop out you are making is a load, but hey whatever makes you feel better..

If you need to back out of the conversation, because a bunch of links were posted about the suicides of kids who killed them selves over the very thing you are trying to defend is making you feel all defensive, maybe you should bow out of the conversation a while and reevaluate your priorities..

3.) It has become apparent that no matter how many children die, you will see only what you want to see, because you obviously want to feel ok about watching that stuff your self..Which I can spot from a mile away, because I was just like you 6 years ago.. 

Though in fairness, I would have likely stopped after unwittingly mocking the death of a bunch of kids.. and one was not even a kid.. He was 32 years old.. 

4.) "anxiety and paranoia toward human creativity."

First, I have no anxiety about it, because it is not in my home..

Second, "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?"..

Some pretty evil things can come out of the human heart, and many of them are coming from outside sources.. Most of the people writing the things you are on here protecting are them selves involved in the occult, and thus influenced by entities they call familiars.. (AKA daemons)

So if you want to let innocent young minds be exposed to the writings of fallen angels / there teachings that is between you and God..

Just remember this... 

"And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea."

Oh yes, there are children starving everyday, dying of disease, not having access to drinkable water or an education, and you worry about books having people wearing pointy hats in them.

My, Ô my, how shall I live on with the crual guilt of my twisted priorities. The image I have of myself has been shattered in a million pieces and my heart fills with nothing other than sorrow.

Fun facts, I will try to make them clear and simple.

-Witchcraft doesn't actually work, or exist.

-A book containing an idea, example, flying, does not mean that the book actively encourage the readers to attempt to fly.

-Unless you hadn't realised, the previous point could be applied to Sorcery in Harry potter. Which if you remember the first point, doesn't exist.

-In order to make your argument credible, you need to ensure you have valid sources when needed.

What I just found in your links is simply hilarious. Do you even KNOW what you sent?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andy-borowitz/man-commits-suicide-aft...

This is a COMEDY ARTICLE meaning that the content of it is FALSE. What's the point of me reading everything you sent if you simply googled random keyword and threw to my face the first links that poped up?

"Oh yes, there are children starving everyday, dying of disease, not having access to drinkable water or an education, and you worry about books having people wearing pointy hats in them."

1.) Seance when is seeing that as a priority wanting children to starve?

Are you on something??

2.) I am a Christian.. and as such I will always put the spiritual need, and protection of my children first.. As Christ calls us to do..

3.) "Fun facts, I will try to make them clear and simple.

-Witchcraft doesn't actually work, or exist."...

"Unless you hadn't realised, the previous point could be applied to Sorcery in Harry potter. Which if you remember the first point, doesn't exist."

Actually it does, I have known a pagan priestess for over 8 years who is legally ordained and practices witch craft regularly..They have no power in them selves, but are supplied it by demonic possession..

Also, are you saying the Bible is lying when it says that it does exist and that it is enmity with God??

"There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch"

2.) "A book containing an idea, example, flying, does not mean that the book actively encourage the readers to attempt to fly."

Maybe not, but we are not talking about flying we are talking about magic,  and sorcery.. Please quit changing topics it's a sad tactic, and just makes you look worse..

4.) "In order to make your argument credible, you need to ensure you have valid sources when needed.

What I just found in your links is simply hilarious. Do you even KNOW what you sent?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andy-borowitz/man-commits-suicide-aft...

This is a COMEDY ARTICLE meaning that the content of it is FALSE. What's the point of me reading everything you sent if you simply googled random keyword and threw to my face the first links that poped up?"

Look again.. I'm not even the one who posted that...

The article I posted was on Avatar, and was from CNN.. not a joke..

Any more nonsensical ramblings, of self justification you would like to share?

Any child raised properly is able to differenciate reality from fiction Becca. If a parent feel the need to shield their kid from some sort of imaginative tale then clearly they are trying to compensate for their lack of education.

It's not that they don't know the difference.. It's a matter of the effect it has on the soul.. That they would rather live in that world than pay any attention to God.. Let me give you the definition of an idol..

i·dol

[ahyd-l]  Show IPA
noun
an image or other material object representing a deity towhich religious worship is addressed.
Bible.
a.
an image of a deity other than God.
b.
the deity itself.
any person or thing regarded with blind admiration, adoration,or devotion: Madame Curie had been her childhood idol.
a mere image or semblance of something, visible but withoutsubstance, as a phantom.
a figment of the mind; fantasy.
Hmm.. what do you know.. fantasy even according to the dictionary is a false Idol..
In the words of Christ...
Luke 4:8
"And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get you behind me, Satan: for it is written, You shall worship the Lord your God, and him only shall you serve.."

Are the hellboy comic books evil too because it shows a demon as a good guy?

They are evil, because they are full of magic, spell casting, neck-romancing, because it directly refers to him as "the son of the fallen", and makes him a daemon prince, who is crude, foul mouthed, and still obviously incredibly wicked...etc..

Do I rely need to keep going.. Honestly... even many secular minded people know that is not something a child should watch.. It's pretty sad when someone takes on the name of Christ, but their standards are still even lower than many who are still in the world.. 

I think you better stop, this conversation is leading me deeper and deeper into depression with each of your replies.

I hope so.. I mean I feel bad for you, but I sincerely hope it's because your continence, or the Holy Spirit is at work.. 

Either way brother you are in my prayers.. ttyl..

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2022   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service