Adventist Online

All other 9 commandments are explicitly reemphasised but not the Sabbath Command Why???

Happy Sabbath!!!

Views: 879

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

thank you for writing that text down

romans 1:30

we need that text as a reminder as well

along with the fourth commandment

about the sabbath

god bless

leh

thats a good question. i had some people on another forum site i was on discussing this ask me the same thing. so they think its no longer important. but it is mentioned in hebrews. and Jesus never taught breaking the sabbath even though many say if your ox is in the ditch pull it out.. and in revelation it does say here are they that keep the commandments of God which the 4th is a commandment

I must also say that I am quite shocked that no one attempted to give an explanation from EGW!!! 

According to the following verse I’d say that Christ had every intention that His Sabbath would still be observed after His death:

Matthew 24:20 - But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

The context of this verse is that Christ was warning the disciples about the destruction of Jerusalem, which occurred in 70 AD at the hands of the Roman army. Christ prophesied that this event would happen and it did. Why would Christ be concerned that people observe the Sabbath day at a time that would have been about 40 years after His death if His death was supposed to abolish it? Simple, He wouldn’t be concerned if that were the case – but since the Sabbath, like all His Commandments last forever, He was very concerned and told them to pray concerning it.

Also, the Holy Spirit expressly calls it the “Sabbath day” in Acts 13:14. Aren’t the words of the Holy Spirit good enough since the Holy Spirit is the one who now convicts us of our sin?

Christ clearly taught that "the sabbath was made for man." Mark 2:27. The fact is that Adam was the only man in existence at the time God made the Sabbath. Jesus was the One who made the Sabbath in the first week of time. There was a reason for His claim to be Lord of the Sabbath day (Mark 2:28). If He is the Lord of the Sabbath day, then the Sabbath must be the Lord's day. John had a vision on "the Lord's day," according to Revelation 1:10. That day had to be the Sabbath. It is the only day so designated and claimed by God in the Bible. In writing the Ten Commandments, God called it "the sabbath of the Lord." Exodus 20:10. In Isaiah He is quoted as saying, "The sabbath, My holy day." (Isaiah 58:13).

We must not overlook the fact that this God who created the world and made the Sabbath was Jesus Christ Himself. John wrote: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.... And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father), full of grace and truth." John 1:1-3, 14.

Paul clearly identified Jesus as the Creator, "... his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood.... For by him were all things created." Colossians 1:13-16.
For Christians to separate Jesus from the Sabbath, who made it as the Creator for man, is wrong.

The Sabbath commandment did not have to be repeated because the people to whom Jesus Christ and the apostles taught and preached would never have let it cross their minds that it needed to be repeated. It was foremost in their minds every Sabbath.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service