Adventist Online

what was the role of christian females in the bible?

Views: 781

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Teddy

The Bible does not tell us why Jesus did not select a female Apostle but the fact remains He did not.

12 But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet. 13For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve. 14 And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression.… 1 Timothy 2:12-14

Yes True Jason But Jesus did not say that directly. Hoping you do not misunderstand I believe you are correct in the statement.

It is also strange how many WO proponents does ignore that text.

does EGW in any way contradicts the text you just stated .JASON M ?  in her ministry, weather it be her books or visions .She not being MALE i mean. can she not be classified as teaching or having authority over us SDA men folk?   

Teddy I hope you can tell the difference in a Prophet and a Pastor To me there is a big difference. 

The Prophet is summoned by God directly. While a Pastor is seen by the church as having teaching skills, and then he is appointed by the church. 

In the Bible there is examples of Female Prophets while I have not seen any Female priest. That seems to be the problem as I understand it, some can not see a difference between a Prophet and a Pastor. 

So EGW had no [TEACHING SKILLS] or AUTHORITY over SDA men folk ?.

Teddy 

so how do you figure that? Was she not appointed a prophet by God? Or is it you can not tell the difference between a Prophet and a Pastor? 

JESUS had many female disciples but they kept it on the Down Low

{ looks this way and that way }

shhhhhhhh... I will say this very quietly so the others wont hear it

the man culture couldn't hear of such a thing if the fairer sex were part of the Great Plan

Now ..it is still sometimes on the down low for others who don't have ears to hear

He didn't have womanly men either.

There were NO Female Disciples, or Apostles or Priest

There we NO NON Jewish Disciples or Apostles or Priest

Why didn't Jesus choose a Non Jewish Disciple

Why didn't the disciples replace Judas with Non Jewish Disciple

Is a Pastor a Priest? why do we argue that because there were no female priest that means there can be no female pastors?  My pastor is not my priest unless you are Catholic, my Pastor does not intercede for me unless you are Catholic.  So making the connection between Pastor and Priest is quite misleading.

Why do we have pastors who are not married?

Why do we have pastors who are not blameless?

Why do we have pastors who cant control their houses?

Just some food for thought

wrong Charlie 

There were lots of female disciples 

Now there was at Joppa a certain disciple named Tabitha, which by interpretation is called Dorcas: this woman was full of good works and almsdeeds which she did. Acts 9:36

We much keep in mind that a disciple is a follower of Christ.

The confusion is disciple vs. Apostle.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by