Adventist Online

I am finding more and more that people like talking negative about our church from within. Why is this? Yes, we are in the last days. Yes, there will be some in our church that do not make a solid commitment.

But instead of talking about all the bad things that are happening in our church ... the wheat and the tares thing. Why not talk of all the positive aspects of our church and the leadership it provides. I am sure a post like this will not last long.  But why not.

Our church is growing by huge amounts. Look at what ADRA is doing around the world. Look at Maranatha. Look at how well the Hope Channel is doing. There are SO many dedicated servants of God in our churches and leadership. Look at how well President Jan Paulsen has done. It is not easy to lead a large church like our's. Look at your local pastor and all the challenges that are there and the self less way in which he or she leads.

Come on. It is time to be positive. We can if we try. I know the negative is more desireable to talk about. But put your thinking cap on. Surely you have some good things to say about your church denomination and it's people.

Views: 227

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Apologizies accepted.
Look what I've done. When I started this thread ... this was not what I was expecting. Oh well. You never know.

Let me just state this: The Church ... yes the SDA Church does NOT have error in it. I know of NO Fundamental Belief that is in error. And if you think there is ... I would challenge you to demonstrate it.
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you. Phlippians 4:8-9

I am so glad we have a Creator that judges the heart of man, and know his motive:
For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? 1 Peter 4:17-18.
If you are responding to my post ... I am not sure what this has to do with the topic. Maybe you could share with me more ...
That is referring to everyone, myself include :-)

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. Matthew 22:37

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Heb 4:12.
"God knows how people interpret scripture according to the state of their own hearts." Amen sister.

That's why it is so crucial to have a heart of humility, and prayer for the guidance of the Holy spirit, otherwise, the adversary will give false impression. Also, it is referring to the judgment, and regeneration/sanctification, and purification for the Word and its message is often integrated and isolated event.

I.e. When Christ said follow me, then we have to understand the whole integrated message through the Word. That is just my thinking.
When God created man, he intended them to be made in His image. Because of sin, man lost the way. By His mercy, He sent His Son to show the way.

So when Jesus said follow me, He meant be like Him in every way. But 1st thing 1st. To be like Him, we must understand the Will of the Father, which is only one thing: to overcome sin, and to show to others.

Men cannot understand this unless they understand the Word: and that there are 3 working harmoniously to help them w/ this, there are 3 bear record in heaven. The whole Bible is describe as a court case: the word sinner (mean criminal in Greek). The wage of sin is death. For Satan mean adversary and accuser, also mean Plaintiff. Man is defendant. The 1st Judge is God. We're in the 1st judgment. We are on trial for eternal soul. Sin demand dead penalty. Christ blood by faith will pay as a covenant/contract, so whoever believe can live eternally. His angels are witness, keep the record.

Whoever does not accept the contract/covenant, will be accused by Satan, result is eternal death. When man accept Christ blood, his sin is atoned/paid, but he need to be sanctified by the Holy Spirit in His life daily. The contract also promised that if we keep our vessels clean and one point before the heavenly judicial process close (probation), man will receive the same indwell Spirit of Christ. Sorry this is long, I have to type. The loudcry to mankind that anyone can enter heaven by this process. The word disciple (mean learner), and apostles (mean send forth) in Greek. There will be 144,000 apostles (w/ different talents :-)
When Christ said follow me, he saying "Have victory over sin by understanding the system." Do not hold unto sin. Let it go, read the Word, and the Holy Spirit will help us. The sanctuary is where the court case is decided. When we pray, we are at the sanctuary in Spirit. When we repent, our record is cleansed from what we repent.

In Heaven, after 2nd coming, Christ is 2nd judge, along w/ God's elected. Then they wlll judge the world and fallen angels. Case close. Satan and his angels was kicked out of heaven b/c of sin/and his accusation is false. It is all integrated about sin. Its victory thru understanding Father's love, Christ's blood, Holy Spirit working together so we all win the case.
Nicole. You bring up an excellent point about Hospitality. Could you give us some practical examples of what we could be doing better in this regard. I think it is a valid point that needs serious consideration. I appreciate your response. These are different and difficult times. What can we do?
I like this ... I hope others will add to it.
Matthew tells us that Jesus said: "where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." Matthew 18:20

No matter what your denominational advocacy, when you gather in Jesus' name, He promises to be there. This includes Adventists.

Also, many Adventists recocognize that the success of the Adventist church seems bound up with our willingness to respect the advice coming from the pen of Ellen White. Notice what she said in 1909:

"At times, when a small group of men entrusted with the general management of the work have, in the name of the General Conference, sought to carry out unwise plans and to restrict God's work, I have said that I could no longer regard the voice of the General Conference, represented by these few men, as the voice of God. But this is not saying that the decisions of a General Conference composed of an assembly of duly appointed, representative men from all parts of the field should not be respected. God has ordained that the representatives of His church from all parts of the earth, when assembled in a General Conference, shall have authority. The error that some are in danger of committing is in giving to the mind and judgment of one man, or of a small group of men, the full measure of authority and influence that God has vested in His church in the judgment and voice of the General Conference assembled to plan for the prosperity and advancement of His work. "

Testimonies for the Church Volume Nine (1909), page 260
I don't know what church some of you go to, but I love my church. We are a big family. We are loving, forgiving, friendly helpful....And we make sure that we tell visitors and new members so ... we want to keep it this way. And we have people of various cultures, social background, colors, educational levels and more.

Yes, we support our conferences, even though we would rather have things done differently at times.And yes sometimes we would rather foot it alone than go on trips with certain other SDA churches .
Thank you Melinda

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by