Adventist Online

I am finding more and more that people like talking negative about our church from within. Why is this? Yes, we are in the last days. Yes, there will be some in our church that do not make a solid commitment.

But instead of talking about all the bad things that are happening in our church ... the wheat and the tares thing. Why not talk of all the positive aspects of our church and the leadership it provides. I am sure a post like this will not last long.  But why not.

Our church is growing by huge amounts. Look at what ADRA is doing around the world. Look at Maranatha. Look at how well the Hope Channel is doing. There are SO many dedicated servants of God in our churches and leadership. Look at how well President Jan Paulsen has done. It is not easy to lead a large church like our's. Look at your local pastor and all the challenges that are there and the self less way in which he or she leads.

Come on. It is time to be positive. We can if we try. I know the negative is more desireable to talk about. But put your thinking cap on. Surely you have some good things to say about your church denomination and it's people.

Views: 229

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nicole,
Actually and unfortunately adventists, like the Jews, have misinterpreted the favorable words of Their Prophet--EGW--to the Church!

"The Jews had deceived themselves by misinterpreting the words of the Lord through his prophets, of his eternal favor to his people Israel.

'Thus saith the Lord, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; the Lord of hosts is his name: If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the Lord, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me forever.

Thus saith the Lord: If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the Lord.' Jer. 31:35-37.

These words the Jews applied to themselves. And because God had shown them so great favor and mercy, they flattered themselves that, notwithstanding their sins and iniquities, he would still retain them as his favored people, and shower especial blessings upon them.

They misapplied the words of Jeremiah and depended for their salvation upon being called the [chosen] children of Abraham. If they had indeed been worthy o the name of Abraham's children, they would have followed the righteous example of their father Abraham, and would have done the works of Abraham.

This has been the danger of the people of God in all ages; and especially is this the danger of those living near the close of time. . . .

God would in no wise excuse sin in a people who had been enlightened, even if he had, in their days of faithfulness and purity, loved them, and given them especial promises.

These promises and blessings were always upon condition of obedience upon their part.

The Lord pronounced, by the mouth of Moses, blessings upon the obedient, and curses upon the disobedient." E. G. White, Review and Herald, Vol. 1, 123.
What is this faith Christ is looking to find when He comes?? It is the "faith of Jesus" Amen sister.

This faith of Jesus is the righteousness of Christ in us.

This is formed only on those who are the recipient of the Latter Rain.

When Christ blood shed, He paid for the sin of the world. So if we accept this, and live w/ pure doctrine of the true Gospel of Christ, and not to sin by daily repentance, if sin, repent. At the near future, Christ will pour out the Holy Spirit, then viola, we have Christ our righteousness. This is the mystery of the ages. The message of 1888 by AT Jones.

This process already planned out before the foundation of the Earth. Unfortunately, how many would accept this message?
John Carcano,

Here are some quotes of Sister White that the SDA church leaders refuse to share with their brethren regarding her comments concerning the present and future state of the SDA church.

You will find they will only share those quotes concerning statements made IN HER DAY regarding the state of the church at that time. They literally take her quotes out of context.
Some said back in Sister White's day that the SDA church was Babylon THEN. However, that was not the truth, and Sister White rebuked them for it. The SDA preachers of today boldly lie and state she meant those rebukes for today. Using common sense as well as researching her comments in context one can see the lie for what it is. A lie.

i'm going to share only few quotes out of the many:

The enemy of souls, has sought to bring in the supposition that a great reformation was to take place among Seventh-day Adventists, and that this reformation would consist in giving up the doctrines which stand as the pillars of our faith, and engaging in a process of reorganization. Were this reformation to take place, what would result?—The principles of truth that God in His wisdom has given to the remnant church would be discarded. Our religion would be changed. The fundamental principles that has sustained the work for the last fifty years would be accounted as error. A new organization would be established. Books of a new order would be written. A system of intellectual philosophy would be introduced.

The founders of this system would go into the cities and do a wonderful work. The Sabbath, of course, would be lightly regarded, as also the God who created it. Nothing would be allowed to stand in the way of the new movement. The leaders would teach that virtue is better than vice, but God being removed, they would place their dependence on human power, which without God, is worthless. Their foundation would be built upon the sand, and storm and tempest would sweep away the structure. -Letter 242, October 1903 & Special Testimonies, Series B #7, p. 36-42

Another quote:
"If the church of God becomes lukewarm, it does not stand in favour with God any more than do the churches that are represented as having fallen and become the habitation of devils and the hold of every foul spirit and the cage of every unclean and hateful bird." Letter 35, 1898, p. 6-7

Who can truthfully say: "Our gold is tried in the fire; our garments are unspotted by the world"? I saw our Instructor pointing to the garments of so-called righteousness. Stripping them off, He laid bare the defilement beneath. Then He said to me: "Can you not see how they have pretentiously covered up their defilement and rottenness of character? 'How is the faithful city become an harlot!' My Father's house is made a house of merchandise, a place whence the divine presence and glory have departed! For this cause there is weakness, and strength is lacking." 8T 250.2

I end with one of my favorite quote:

When a man or woman is honestly mistaken and hears the truth,they will either quit being mistaken, or they will cease to be honest.

Which one will you choose?
Um... if Ellen White thought the SDA church was Babylon, why was she still a member when she died?
Travis,
I think in the lifetime of our prophet, the apostasy was not as great as it is now. If she were alive today, she would leave the church or she would not be allowed to be a member. The apostasy gained momentum with the adoption of the doctrine of the Trinity and with all the compromises by our leaders in the 1950s regarding the atonement and the nature of Christ, such compromises can be easily found by any earnest truth seeker in the book "Questions on Doctrine".

In listing the beliefs of Seventh-day Adventists in brief, ‘Questions on Doctrine’ says, “1. In common with Conservative Christians and the Historic Protestant Creeds, We believe… 2. That the Godhead, the Trinity, comprises God the Father, Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit… 4. That Jesus Christ is very God, and that He has existed with the Father from all eternity. 5. That the Holy Spirit is a personal being, sharing the attributes of deity with the Father and the Son…” Questions on Doctrine p21.22.

All of these teachings were condemned by the pioneers and founders of our church. Here is a shocking confession made by George Knight, church historian and professor at Andrews,

Most of the founders of Seventh-day Adventism would not be able to join the church today if they had to subscribe to the denomination’s Fundamental Beliefs. More specifically, most would not be able to agree to belief number 2, which deals with the doctrine of the trinity.” ‘Ministry’. October 1993 p10.

William G Johnsson, editor of the Adventist Review, the official organ of the SDA church writes,

“Adventist beliefs have changed over the years under the impact of ‘present truth’. Most startling is the teaching regarding Jesus Christ, our Saviour and Lord. Many of the pioneers, including James White, J.N. Andrews, Uriah Smith, and J.H. Waggoner, held to an Arian or semi-Arian view that is, the Son at some point in time before the Creation of our world was generated by the Father the Trinitarian understanding of God, now part of our fundamental beliefs, was not generally held by the early Adventists. Even today a few do not subscribe to it.” ‘Adventist Review’. Jan 6. 1994 p10.

Listen to Ellen White. “The fundamental principles that have sustained the work for the last fifty years would be accounted as error.” 1 Selected Messages p204.

Today, Seventh-day Adventists, both members of the church and those who worship independently, must realise that they have a choice as to where they will stand on this issue. There are only two alternatives:

(a) The teaching of the Trinity promulgated by the leaders of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in 1955. It was not the Arian or semi-Arian view attributed to the pioneers, but instead the Trinitarian doctrine held by mainline Christendom. Today Adventist theology has become Tri-theology, “three co-eternal Persons”, each having full authority. (See 27 Fundamentals No.2)

(b) The teaching of the pioneers -- God the Father, His only begotten Son, and the holy Spirit, “as the personal presence of Christ to the soul.” Review & Herald. 11.29.92. And Christ, the literal, “only begotten Son of the infinite God”… “the only-begotten Son of the true and living God.” Signs of the Times. 04.17.93. Fundamentals of Christian Education p251.

Adventists, you must ask yourself -- what do I believe?
My friend, when in doubt open the Bible;

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Matthew 29:19 KJV

For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. 1 Jn 5:7 KJV

Please pray for this truth, And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption Eph 4:30. I was once bought in the concept of no trinity, but by God mercy, He led me back into the Truth, the Word as the final authority, even the pioneers can be wrong, trust me, Truth is progressive, and led by the Holy Spirit.
Dear William,

I must share this, i can't stand reading this without replying:

1)EVERY OBJECTIVE BIBLE SCHOLAR KNOWS 1JOHN 5:7 IS A FRAUD. Please, check this out. Who told you about 1 John 5:7, 8. This verse does not appear in the original manuscripts. Out of exasperation trinitarians, as they out of clear biblical support for the trinity, added this verse. It does not appear in any of the manuscripts before the 16th century. Check this out and tell me.

2) The same applies to Matthew 28: 19. This verse too is added. No trinitarian can really reconcile why the Apostles ignored Matthew 28:19 as it now exist in our KJV Bible and instead baptized in the name of Jesus Christ only. (Acts 19:5, Acts 2:3) Yes, in baptism they were "JESUS ONLY." No one can find any other baptism in the New Testament. No one can deny there is then ONE BAPTISM when reference is made to the New Testament mikvah. Now we have the evidence and the trinity world is in for a massive shaking.

It was known by the Catholic Church that the Jews had preserved a copy of the original Gospel of Matthew in the Hebrew language. Please, take a look at this link:

http://www.jesus-messiah.com/apologetics/catholic/matthew-proof.html

The question now is this, now as an SDA trinitarian, what do you feel when you know that the two pillars of the trinity (1John 5:7-8 and Matthew 28: 19) both are corrupted verse that never belonged to the original manuscripts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3) Ephesians 4: 30 does not prove a trinity. Grieving the Spirit of God is the same as grieving God. When the Bible says, Jesus was grieved in the spirit, what does it means? Does it mean that that who/which was grieved was the spirit of Jesus but not Jesus? Can you separate the spirit of Christ from Christ? Does it means that his spirit was grieved but he may have been happy????

WARNING: TRINITY DENIES THAT JESUS IS THE BEGOTTEN SON OF THE FATHER. THIS IS THE VERY DEADLY HERESY THE BIBLE WARNS ABOUT IN 1JOHN 2:22-23 WATCH OUT
where has the FIRST LOVE GONE
Amen brother
Thanks MsMS . This is a fine example of just what I'm referring to.
"He who has an ear, let him HEAR what the Spirit says to the churches" Amen sister. Unfortunately many do not understand this message until it is too late.

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things? And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time. For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. 2 The 2:3-7

"As many as I LOVE, I REBUKE AND CHASTEN. Therefore be zealous and REPENT" Amen. Repent from what? from spiritual whoredom, that originates from the Mother of Harlot.
Here it is..........with much love....:>)

and DO NOT KNOW THAT YOU ARE wretched, miserable, porrt, blind, and naked--I counsel you to buy from Me gold

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service