Adventist Online

I am finding more and more that people like talking negative about our church from within. Why is this? Yes, we are in the last days. Yes, there will be some in our church that do not make a solid commitment.

But instead of talking about all the bad things that are happening in our church ... the wheat and the tares thing. Why not talk of all the positive aspects of our church and the leadership it provides. I am sure a post like this will not last long.  But why not.

Our church is growing by huge amounts. Look at what ADRA is doing around the world. Look at Maranatha. Look at how well the Hope Channel is doing. There are SO many dedicated servants of God in our churches and leadership. Look at how well President Jan Paulsen has done. It is not easy to lead a large church like our's. Look at your local pastor and all the challenges that are there and the self less way in which he or she leads.

Come on. It is time to be positive. We can if we try. I know the negative is more desireable to talk about. But put your thinking cap on. Surely you have some good things to say about your church denomination and it's people.

Views: 229

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dear Bother Gabriel

I will tell u seriously what is wrong with the SDA church;first of all,we used to have the truths long time ago but no more now,since the last pioneer dead or maybe before ,we started to compromise-step by step- about our pure principles the pioneers established from trinity to ............................. and at last the divine calender which was reaveled to our church since a long time ago and to be more specific in 1938 but they choosed ti hide the truth and for 2 times a special committee was formed to study this devine truth and they made sure of it that it is a very great devine truth but didn't want to lose their psitions,friends.......and such because they knew well that this truth will divide the church and things will be more clear about whom u follow ;God's calender or False and Pagan one.

What about "Righteousness by Faith"which was reaveled to the church in 1888 and they rejected it ???????What about the tithe and how r they using it??????where??with raising pigs and with comanies of weapons and so and so..............a long list.
Go and see what is happening inside the SDA church and u will feel so sorry that the church God called has left him.

After the church rejected the letter of God which was revealed again in 1903,Jesus himself declared it as Bablon the Prostitute and that his presence came out of it(Testemonies,tome 8,page 250).

And for Brother N.Him ,about our local pastors and church,please come here and see in your own eyes what is happening here in the church,i don't want to spacify but God knows of every behaviour we do,all i will say is that the church of the SDA HAS LEFT HER FIRST LOVE AND GOD'S PRESENCE IS NO MORE IN IT.

Agape
So ,sister MsMs,u think that when i say that we are wrong,this means that i have " denominational pride "????????ok so when the prophets of God were sent by him to his infringer people ,that was pride and wong,right???when Sister White came to say that GOD HAS REJECTED THIS SDA CHURCH,this means that this is her pride and thought that she is purer than others,right??????so u think that the church Jesus prayed for its unity is the SDA church????ok if yes,why all these separations from the first church of Jerusalim (Protestants then this then that then the SDA church......)???why he allow all these separations and missing the unity??every church says the same ,i can't believe any one of them but the Bible and what does it say ONLY .
when i can obviously see that this church is losing the truth God gave her i MUST go out of it as it is in Revelation(GO OUT OF IT MY PEOPLE ,GO OUT OF FALLEN BABLYON).

I don't care what u and "many others"believe or say,what matters me is WHAT THE BIBLE SAY.
Agape
Hi friend, it is comforting to know the Lord always watch out for His Church:

For thus saith the LORD; Sing with gladness for Jacob, and shout among the chief of the nations: publish ye, praise ye, and say, O LORD, save thy people, the remnant of Israel. Behold, I will bring them from the north country, and gather them from the coasts of the earth, and with them the blind and the lame, the woman with child and her that travaileth with child together: a great company shall return thither. They shall come with weeping, and with supplications will I lead them: I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters in a straight way, wherein they shall not stumble: for I am a father to Israel. Jer 31:7-9

To sing the song of Jacob, we need to weep and petition for the sin in the church, as Daniel as well as all the prophets/apostles. Through humility, God shall lead us, and we shall not stumble. Because the church already out of Babylon, but it needs God's grace to have eyesalves to stay away from the doctrine of Babylon, and that is why the church need prayer and edifying help. But God is in control, the Sunday Law will accomplish all the work in purification. So you see friend, if you are concern about the church, then weep and supplicate for the church, and you are in good company.
Notice Willaim, the verse says, "the remanant of Israel..." It does not say, all Israel.
On this remnant, SOP writes,

“I saw that God has honest children among the nominal Adventists and the fallen churches, and before the plagues shall be poured out, ministers and people will be called out from these churches and will gladly receive the truth.

Satan knows this and before the loud cry of the third angel is given, he raises an excitement in these religious bodies, that those who have rejected the truth may think that God is with them. He hopes to deceive the honest and lead them to think that God is still working for the churches. But the light will shine, and all who are honest will leave the fallen churches, and take their stand with the remnant” -Early Writings: page 261.

I agree with you on the necessity of weeping and crying over the sins of the church. Actually, this was the same message preached by sister White.

Ellen White says that Ezekiel 9 is to have another literal fulfillment. Ezekiel 9:2, mentions a "slaughtering weapon." It means

"a weapon of His breaking in pieces."

Ecumenical conspiracy with God's enemies is why professing SDA's will experience another fulfillment of Ezekiel 9. Men, maidens and little children will be broken in pieces and destroyed. Notice the following statement by Ellen White from a chapter in Testimonies, vol. 5, that begins by quoting Ezekiel 9:

"Here we see that the church--the Lord's sanctuary--was the first to feel the stroke of the wrath of God. The ancient men, those to whom God had given great light and who had stood as guardians of the spiritual interests of the people, and betrayed their trust.

They had taken the position that we need not look for miracles and the marked manifestation of God's power as in former days. Times have changed. These words strengthen their unbelief, and they say: The Lord will not do good, neither will He do evil. He is too merciful to visit His people in judgment. Thus 'Peace and safety" is the cry from men who will never again lift up their voice like a trumpet to show God's people their transgressions and the house of Jacob their sins.

These dumb dogs that would not bark are the ones who feel the just vengeance of an offended God. Men, maidens, and little children all perish together." E. G. White, Testimonies, Vol. 5, 211.

"Study the 9th chapter of Ezekiel. These words will be literally fulfilled
; yet the time is passing, and the people are asleep. They refuse to humble their souls and to be converted.

Not a great while longer will the Lord bear with the people who have such great and important truths revealed to them, but who refuse to bring these truths into their individual experience.

The time is short. God is calling; will YOU hear? Will YOU receive His message? Will YOU be converted before it is too late? Soon, very soon, every case will be decided for eternity. Letter 106, 1909, pp. 2, 3, 5, 7. (To "The churches in Oakland and Berkeley, September 26, 1909.)" E. G. White Manuscript Releases Volume One, p. 260.

"The things you have described as taking place in Indiana, the Lord has shown me would take place just before the close of probation. Every uncouth thing will be demonstrated.

There will be shouting, with drums, music, and dancing
. The senses of rational beings will become so confused that they cannot be trusted to make right decisions. And this is called the moving of the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit never reveals itself in such methods, in such a bedlam of noise. This is an invention of Satan to cover up his ingenious methods for making of none effect the pure, sincere, elevating, ennobling, sanctifying truth for this time. Better never have the worship of God blended with music, than to use musical instruments to do the work which last January was represented to me would be brought into our camp meetings.

The truth for this time needs nothing of this kind in its work of converting souls. A bedlam of noise shocks the senses and perverts that which if conducted aright might be a blessing. The powers of satanic agencies blend with the din and noise, to have a carnival, and this is termed the Holy Spirit's working." E. G. White, Selected Messages, Vol. 2, 36.

"The state of the Church represented by the foolish virgins, is also spoken of as the Laodicean state." E. G. White, Review and Herald Articles, Vol. 2, 420.
Hi friend:
The Laodicean message was never call God's people to leave the Church but to repent. To put on spiritual eyesalves to see the doctrines of Babylon and to warn others.

As far as Ezekiel 9 -- And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof. Eze 9:4.

To receive this mark, we need to 1st repent so we receive the eyesalves, then 2nd sign and cry for others. Are we doing this? Many may disagree w/ me on this, but Eze 9 also referred to the 144,000 having the seal, whereas the rest of God's people will be put to sleep. (this also include the slaughtering of the tares as well) Therefore on it is crucial to receive the seal, but it cannot be done w/o step 1 and 2.
Ezekiel 9 has a special place in my heart, b/c the Comforter guide me w/ a special touch that the slaughter is necessary for the "Glory of the God of Israel" Eze 9:3

My friend, when Christ was on Earth his whole 3.5 years ministry was dedicated to Israel. And even after the pentecostal, the 12 Apostles still minister unto Jerasalem until the stoning of Stephen.

My friend, God call people to leave the Babylon church (the one that keep Sunday, as daughters of Babylon.) As far as the SDA, the Final shaking, the Sunday persecution will accomplish the work to purify the church. Yes, my friend having the truth, but one's need to apply as the way our Savior want is His will.

My friend, Latter Rain, is for 2 purposes: declared the righteousness of Christ and His law (include the ID the Beast), and to prepare 144,000 to stand at Christ 2nd coming. Do you know of any independent church that have more than 144000 members? So where does most of the 144,000 come from?

May God bless you, as you ponder Eze 9:4
Sister MsMs,i think u didn't write carefully what i wrote,i never said that i am a prophet ,what i said is SISTER ELEN WHITE WHO IS CONSIDERED AS OUR PROPHET said so not me dear,please uderstand what i write.This is first.
Second,i am not judging ,God has already judged the SDA church because of leaving him and adopting false and pagagn doctrines from the other churches,God said by the prophectical spirit of Sister White that HE REJECTED HIS CHURCH because she has adopted fallen doctrines.
Prove biblically that the SDA church with all its doctrines is the church God wants her now please,if u can do so u can prove that i am wrong and i will be ready to discuss .
In fact,because i know who is the God i worship,i can really be convinced through his holy word that i am not the one You r talking about(about the mercy of God and such a talk),we all have wrongs and mistakes but Jesus promised that he will help us to be perfect as he was when we ask him to do so.
Do u think that God will have love and mercy for ever for the people who disobey him?????if yes,why he rejected the Isralean people??why he rejected the Protestants???then the other churches?????Is God's mercy endless towards who reject his truth?????i don't think.
Could you please explain which of the 28 Fundamental Doctrines is in error ... "false and pagan" as you put it that we have received from 'other churches'. Thanks. This clarification will greatly help.
Hi Jenan,

"Jesus promised that he will help us to be perfect as he was when we ask him to do so." Amen.

But I think each one is doing his/her best. What are you suggesting? If you say, repent, then repent from what? If you say, leave Babylon, then in your opinion what/where is the true Babylon, and where does it leave to?

For if the trumpet give an uncertain sound, who shall prepare himself to the battle? So likewise ye, except ye utter by the tongue words easy to be understood, how shall it be known what is spoken? for ye shall speak into the air. 1 Co 14:8,9.

If I am/ or we are convinced by Bible and SOP, then I will change on my part. With sincerity.
Dear atul mishra

Did you know that you and I and every member of the SDA church is held responsible before God for the sins and the false teachings (in case there are false teachings) in the SDA church????

Corporate Responsibility:

"The plain straight testimony must live in the church, or the curse of God will rest upon His people as surely as it did upon ancient Israel because of their sins. God holds His people, as a body, responsible for the sins existing in individuals among them." Testimonies, vol. 3, p. 269.

Revelation 14:10 endorses Ellen White's view of what happens to any who violates the three angel's messages and the Midnight Cry after knowing such privileged truth

Do you see the Three Angels Messages preached by SDA in their churches or on their official satellite channe, The Hope Channel???
Dear atul mishta,

I'm glad you asked this question.
I'm going to quote the official magazines and theologians of the SDA church and you decided whether there was a change from what the pioneers and Sister White taught or not.

“Most of the founders of Seventh-day Adventism would not be able to join the church today if they had to subscribe to the denomination’s Fundamental Beliefs. More specifically, most would not be able to agree to belief number 2, which deals with the doctrine of the trinity.” ‘Ministry’. October 1993 p10.

William G Johnsson, editor of the Adventist Review, the official organ of the SDA church writes,

“Adventist beliefs have changed over the years under the impact of ‘present truth’. Most startling is the teaching regarding Jesus Christ, our Saviour and Lord. Many of the pioneers, including James White, J.N. Andrews, Uriah Smith, and J.H. Waggoner, held to an Arian or semi-Arian view that is, the Son at some point in time before the Creation of our world was generated by the Father the Trinitarian understanding of God, now part of our fundamental beliefs, was not generally held by the early Adventists. Even today a few do not subscribe to it.” ‘Adventist Review’. Jan 6. 1994 p10.

Listen to Ellen White. “The fundamental principles that have sustained the work for the last fifty years would be accounted as error.” 1 Selected Messages p204.

She also says,

The enemy of souls, has sought to bring in the supposition that a great reformation was to take place among Seventh-day Adventists, and that this reformation would consist in giving up the doctrines which stand as the pillars of our faith, and engaging in a process of reorganization. Were this reformation to take place, what would result?—The principles of truth that God in His wisdom has given to the remnant church would be discarded. Our religion would be changed. The fundamental principles that has sustained the work for the last fifty years would be accounted as error. A new organization would be established. Books of a new order would be written. A system of intellectual philosophy would be introduced.

The founders of this system would go into the cities and do a wonderful work. The Sabbath, of course, would be lightly regarded, as also the God who created it. Nothing would be allowed to stand in the way of the new movement. The leaders would teach that virtue is better than vice, but God being removed, they would place their dependence on human power, which without God, is worthless. Their foundation would be built upon the sand, and storm and tempest would sweep away the structure. -Letter 242, October 1903 & Special Testimonies, Series B #7, p. 36-42

The new movement corporate SDA church today has unfortunately denied many of the basic pillars of truth taught by its founders and the Lord's messenger.

The doctrinal change, contrary to what sdas believe, is a reversal of the pillars of truth upon which the SDA church was established. In order not to be seen as a cult, the SDA church in the 1950s had to compromise and deny those teachings of the pioneers on the Godhead and atonement and other things.

I hope I answered your questions.
Dear Atul,

Before you hear New Light doctrine, I want to point these out.
The teaching of Arianism is non-bibical, that Christ was made the Father. This degrades Christ God-head, and is widely accepted by Jehova Witness.

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God. Phil 2:5,6

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:1

God will provide Himself a lamb for a burnt offering. Genesis 22:8

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. Rev 1:8

It clearly point out that Jesus Christ is the Almighty, 2nd Godhead. Not a lesser god, or a created divine being, but Christ himself is 2nd Godhead, and (Holy Spirit is 3rd Godhead).

New Light, I was once searching for the truth, and was bought in the arian doctrine, just like you. By God's mercy, I was bought back into the truth, please pray for the truth, I know you are sincere in your quest, but sincerely wrong will not help when you stand before Christ, and realize He is the Creator, 2nd Godhead, and the many souls were affected by this doctrine. This false doctrine is well love by the adversary b/c he wants to be equal to Christ.
MsMs,

I firmly believe it is our duty to blow the trumpet of warning against any corporate sins done in any body of believers.

"They that forsake the law praise the wicked." Proverbs 28:4. When those who are uniting with the world, yet claiming great purity, plead for union with those who have ever been the opposers of the cause of truth, we should fear and shun them as decidedly as did Nehemiah. Such counsel is prompted by the enemy of all good. It is the speech of timeservers, and should be resisted as resolutely today as then. Whatever influence would tend to unsettle the faith of God's people in His guiding power, should be steadfastly withstood. -Prophets and kings 660.1

When men endanger the work and cause of God by their own wrong course of action, shall they hear no voice of reproof? If the wrongdoer only were concerned, and the work reached no farther than him, he alone should have the words of warning; but when his course of action is doing positive harm to the cause of truth, and souls are imperiled, God requires that the warning be as broad as the injury done.” {EGW, 2SM 152}

It can be easily demonstrated to any honest, objective seeker of the truth that the sda church has changed its colours over the years under the impact of so-called "present truth" which is anything but not truth. Examples include the Trinity, the nature of Christ, Christ not being begotten of the Father, the atonement being finished at the church.....in addition to a long, endless list of serious doctrinal concession and union with the World Council of Churches, which is practically Babylon.

We are not to love the church more than the truth.
Remember,
Not knowing truth does not change reality.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service