Adventist Online

I am finding more and more that people like talking negative about our church from within. Why is this? Yes, we are in the last days. Yes, there will be some in our church that do not make a solid commitment.

But instead of talking about all the bad things that are happening in our church ... the wheat and the tares thing. Why not talk of all the positive aspects of our church and the leadership it provides. I am sure a post like this will not last long.  But why not.

Our church is growing by huge amounts. Look at what ADRA is doing around the world. Look at Maranatha. Look at how well the Hope Channel is doing. There are SO many dedicated servants of God in our churches and leadership. Look at how well President Jan Paulsen has done. It is not easy to lead a large church like our's. Look at your local pastor and all the challenges that are there and the self less way in which he or she leads.

Come on. It is time to be positive. We can if we try. I know the negative is more desireable to talk about. But put your thinking cap on. Surely you have some good things to say about your church denomination and it's people.

Views: 227

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

""I have heard many say lately that our churches our preaching much justification (a Grace message) but NO sanctification"

I would be interested in knowing how many is many? And I would like to have the example of just one who is preaching a belief of "No Sanctification". This is my challenge to you.
How about we rephrase the question: How many of our churches still teach the message of true sanctification, the true gospel of Jesus Christ which the apostles talk about? This is my challenge :-)
You made the statement. Now I will ask you again to just give me one name to back up your claim.
Dear Ronie,

I have heard many say lately that our churches our preaching much justification (a Grace message) but NO sanctification. -- amen brother. The apostle call it cheap grace :-) aka Nicolaitan doctrine.

The Church is in the final sifting, awaiting for the final shaking at the Sunday Law, but most in the Laodicean church are still lukewarm, asleep.

Have you heard of the A.T. Jones 1888, the righteousness of Christ by faith, please make comment on my discussion.

May God bless you.
Brother William,

The truth is, we would be accused of making heresy, giving accusations or wrong judgements if we tell the truth what is happening in our church. We would be accused of drawing church members apart from the church...

As we are adjudged, we would likely be compared to church members who are planting negative impressions to our fellow SDA believers.

By the way, what do you think with sanctification. Would this be done by the church to his people or by the people themselves?
Hello MsMS,

Actually I have been posting here long before but left for a while because of some disappointments with how some commentators respond to the views of others to the extent of using harsh or humiliating words, or "bashing" in short, which is turning down or degrading one's personal lives. Despite of being silent here, I am still following threads which I find interesting and would help my spiritual life grow....I am just happy now that I found myself participating again...Hehehehe...", God bless!
Hi brother Ronie,

I like your genuine expression about God's Truth. I think that at the time needed, back in the 1844, God's raised up a 17 years old girl to edify the church, and a farmer to start the movement of Seventh-Day-Adventist. Two thousand years earlier, God's raised up a carpenter, and the low class men to do his work. I think God's always raise up humble and meek folks to do and to finish the work, that the privileges often neglect to do because of the fortune/reputation of men. I think true sanctification come from daily reading the KJV and read about reformers biography, and their writings, and follow what they do :-)
according to that parable;;the master said let them grow to harvest then they will be separated at the tares burnt away.....thats directly to us we are one no none should judge the others......The LATER LESSON DISCUSSON PATIENCE in the church and among us....what do we do while, or what are we doing as we await His second coming.
the tesst of our patience is by what we do as we linger in there...

I agree with what is happening to our church currently,we see ourselves perfect then the others
Wonderful Contribution. Thank you. Very Interesting and insightful.
Dear Kat:

I love that there is a church that takes Bible study seriously, and believes that the spirit of God moves and works today not in an abstract sense but in a very real way. I love that there is a church that is not afraid to trust in Jesus and believes that He is returning. -- Amen. I like your thoughtout thinking. :-)

Jesus is speak to His true Church: As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. Rev 3:19-21

For Jesus is saying: My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. John 10:27
Amen! So much common sense in this response. Too many people see 'the church' as all the other folks in it and forget 'the church' includes themselves. Whenever I hear people saying the church should do this and the church should do that I tell them who do you think the church is, you and everyone else in here. If you truely want something done then get up and do something about it. The church is not perfect/complete whether we like it or not Jesus is not soley coming back for the General Conference of Seventh day Adventists....

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service