Adventist Online

WILL GOD BURN ME IN HELL IF I CONTINUE EATING CHICKEN AND FISH(MEAT)????

What is this message of health reform some adventists are talking about and making people feel as though its a pre-requisit for salvation? Please enlighten me. I only know one pre-requisit for salvation and thats accepting Jesus Christ as my personal Saviour( John 3:16). So what's this guilt trip about vegetarianism? I know that God doesn't change, he allowed them to eat meat and even Himself He ate fish, how can He now say we need to change our diet to vegetarianism? Enlighten me. Otherwise am ready to give up all for Jesus, but i wanna know the truth.. Somebody?

Views: 476

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Amen, Nishaun, grace and peace.
hey nishaun lets not interpret the bible using current affairs but lets interpret current affairs using the bible, are you telling Jesus ate fish bcoz it was not polluted in his days? this is a ridiculous assumption to make. does it mean God did not know there would be pollution on earth that would make meat unsafe to eat?
no. i dont think so. God laid out a plan what you could eat and what not to eat.  Jesus said its not what goes in the belly that defiles someone, but what comes out of the heart. but i should respect Gods way of what i should eat that is clean. i usually eat vegetarian mostly, but do eat some meat, chicken, and fish sometimes. i have been trying to be mostly vegan for the last 11 to 12 years. its not easy. even when it comes to colas, coffee, sweets, etc.  at least i hope not
Is it not time that all should aim to dispense with flesh foods? How can those who are seeking to become pure, refined, and holy, that they may have the companionship of heavenly angels, continue to use as food anything that has so harmful an effect on soul and body? How can they take the life of God's creatures that they may consume the flesh as a luxury? Let them, rather, return to the wholesome and delicious food given to man in the beginning, and themselves practice, and teach their children to practice, mercy toward the dumb creatures that God has made and has placed under our dominion.  {CD 380.3}

Preparing for Translation

(1890) C.T.B.H. 119
     651. Among those who are waiting for the coming of the Lord, meat eating will eventually be done away; flesh will
cease to form a part of their diet. We should ever keep this end in view, and endeavor to work steadily toward it. I cannot think that in the practice of flesh eating we are in harmony with the light which God has been pleased to give us. All who are connected with our health institutions especially should be educating themselves to subsist on fruits, grains, and vegetables. If we move from principle in these things, if we as Christian reformers educate our own taste, and bring our diet to God's plan, then we may exert an influence upon others in this matter, which will be pleasing to God.  {CD 380.4} 
                               [C.T.B.H. 48] (1890) C.H. 116 
    652. It is not the chief end of man to gratify his appetite. There are physical wants to be supplied; but because of this is it necessary that man shall be controlled by appetite? Will the people who are seeking to become holy, pure, refined, that they may be introduced into the society of heavenly angels, continue to take the life of God's creatures, and enjoy their flesh as a luxury? From what the Lord has shown me, this order of things will be changed, and God's peculiar people will exercise temperance in all things.  {CD 381.1}

(1909) 9T 153, 154
     653. Those who have received instruction regarding the evils of the use of flesh foods, tea, and coffee, and rich and unhealthful food preparations, and who are determined to make a covenant with God by sacrifice, will not continue to indulge their appetite for food that they know to be unhealthful. God demands that the appetite be cleansed, and that self-denial be practiced in regard to those things which are not good. This is a work that will have to be done before His people can stand before Him a perfected people.  {CD 381.2}

MS 71, 1908
     654. It is for their own good that the Lord counsels the remnant church to discard the use of flesh meats, tea, and coffee, and other harmful foods. There are plenty of other things on which we can subsist that are wholesome and good.
 {CD 381.3}

Lady Eve

Happy Sabbath!  I have not seen you posting for awhile.  Welcome back.

Maranatha :)
Ray

TO BROTHER RAY-

Thank for the welcome.

Health Reform and Spirituality

The failure to follow sound principles has marred the history of God's people. There has been a continual backsliding in health reform, and as a result God is dishonored by a great lack of spirituality. Barriers have been erected which would never have been seen had God's people walked in the light.  {CH 578.2} 
     Shall we who have had such great opportunities allow the people of the world to go in advance of us in health reform? Shall we cheapen our minds and abuse our talents by wrong eating? Shall we transgress God's holy
law by following selfish practices? Shall our inconsistency become a byword? Shall we live such unchristianlike lives that the Saviour will be ashamed to call us brethren?  {CH 578.3} 
     Shall we not rather do that medical missionary work which is the gospel in practice, living in such a way that the peace of God can rule in our hearts? Shall we not remove every stumbling block from the feet of unbelievers, ever remembering what is due to a profession of Christianity? Far better give up the name of Christian than make a profession and at the same time indulge appetites which strengthen unholy passions.  {CH 579.1}
Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron, forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving; for it is sanctified by the word of God and pray. If you instruct the brethren in these things, you will be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished in the words of faith and of the good doctrine which you have carefully followed. But reject profane and old wives’ fables, and exercise yourself toward godliness."--1 Timothy 4:1-7

"God will have a people upon the earth to maintain the Bible, and the Bible only, as the standard of all doctrines and the basis of all reforms. The opinions of learned men, the deductions of science, the creed or decisions of ecclesiastical councils, as numerous and discordant as are the churches which they represent, the voice of the majority-not one nor all of these should be regarded as evidence for or against any point of religious faith. Before accepting any doctrine or precept, we should demand a plain "Thus saith the Lord" in its support".--The Great Controversy, p. 595 (White)

interesting thing about that verse (not sure what you are trying to say with it) the words "and commanding" are not in the original text... makes you think.

Just in case those words do belong...

The Bible makes it clear which animals were "created" for food.

Zero of them!!

But anyhoo I believe the key to those verses is verse 6

"Christ, NOURISHED up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained."

These verses may have nothing to do with food.

interesting thing about that verse (not sure what you are trying to say with it) the words "and commanding" are not in the original text... makes you think.

Those words are added when translated into English because without them the context of the Greek word  apechesthai is distorted thus making it seem as though the verse is stating that abstaining from meats is wrong.The translation which includes "commanding to" is accurate. 

Also,it is most certainly "food" implied in verse 3 which is obvious whether you read it in English or the original Greek.

Great I have always wondered about that verse so something is lost in the translation. I still don't get how that changes anything cause with the words 'and commanding' definitly imply that abstaining from meats is wrong.

Then it is possible that these verses are also talking about food sacrificed to idols. But I believe the words "nourished...in words" were added to pull the reader away from thinking about food.

Possible the author was just trying to make that point.

Hello Sarah, grace and peace. 

This particular quote of scripture is referring to the organization of the Roman catholic Church and its doctrines.

Contextually, verse 4 "every creature" is talking about MEN. as in the same chapter in verse 10 it says: 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.   4:11 These things command and teach.

It is in direct conjunction when the apostle Peter had his dream upon the rooftop. He was not to call the Gentiles unclean, otherwise, was God approving in the indulgence of unclean flesh? we know that that is not the case.

Tell me please, which "FOODS" need to be sanctified by the Word of God?

Acts 10:9 Peter went up upon the housetop to pray about the sixth hour:   10:10 And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance,   10:11 And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:   10:12 Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.   10:13 And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.   10:14 But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.   10:15 And the voice [spake] unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, [that] call not thou common.   10:16 This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven.   10:17 Now while Peter doubted in himself what this vision which he had seen should mean, behold, the men which were sent from Cornelius had made inquiry for Simon's house, and stood before the gate,   10:18 And called, and asked whether Simon, which was surnamed Peter, were lodged there.   10:19 While Peter thought on the vision, the Spirit said unto him, Behold, three men seek thee.   10:20 Arise therefore, and get thee down, and go with them, doubting nothing: for I have sent them.   10:21 Then Peter went down to the men which were sent unto him from Cornelius; and said, Behold, I am he whom ye seek: what [is] the cause wherefore ye are come?   10:22 And they said, Cornelius the centurion, a just man, and one that feareth God, and of good report among all the nation of the Jews, was warned from God by an holy angel to send for thee into his house, and to hear words of thee.   10:23 Then called he them in, and lodged [them]. And on the morrow Peter went away with them, and certain brethren from Joppa accompanied him.   10:24 And the morrow after they entered into Caesarea. And Cornelius waited for them, and had called together his kinsmen and near friends.   10:25 And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped [him].   10:26 But Peter took him up, saying, Stand up; I myself also am a man.   10:27 And as he talked with him, he went in, and found many that were come together.   10:28 And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath showed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

It is human beings that are sanctified by the Word of God.

If this verse were to be understood as you have presented it, Sarah, then Sister White has departed from the faith, for she clearly, in latter times counsels us to abstain from flesh foods and their by products.

This is a good example of a misapplication of Scripture, and why we cannot afford to neglect Spirit of Prophecy.

God bless, Scott.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by