Adventist Online

WILL GOD BURN ME IN HELL IF I CONTINUE EATING CHICKEN AND FISH(MEAT)????

What is this message of health reform some adventists are talking about and making people feel as though its a pre-requisit for salvation? Please enlighten me. I only know one pre-requisit for salvation and thats accepting Jesus Christ as my personal Saviour( John 3:16). So what's this guilt trip about vegetarianism? I know that God doesn't change, he allowed them to eat meat and even Himself He ate fish, how can He now say we need to change our diet to vegetarianism? Enlighten me. Otherwise am ready to give up all for Jesus, but i wanna know the truth.. Somebody?

Views: 472

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ladyeve, grace and peace.

Amen and thank you for your post. I would only like to encourage anyone who is struggling with appetite or any dietary issues, that our loving God, who never changes, is always willing to help us, where we confess that we are weak, then when we are weak, He is strong.

Blessings, Scott.

to be honest with you Ladyeve i have a problem with this quotation by EG White, it suggests that vegetarianism is a prerequisite for salvation and i do not believe in that on the basisi of what the bible says. does it mean God regretted having allowed man to eat flesh bcoz he just realised the the problems that would follow if man continued eating meat?

look at the the first paragraph on te quotation you got from page 381 which talks about pleasing God by eating vegetable bcoz there were in his original diet plan for man (am paraphrasing this). does it mean people who eat meat displease God? and as a matter of fact those that displease God wil not enter heaven just like adulterers will never eneter heaven bcoz they do not please God, so, if i don`t please God by eating meat it means i will not go heaven according to this quotation. (this is not biblical bcoz the bible never says that our translation will be based on our diet). if am wrong please help me.

Yeah I have been trying to get cheese out of my diet for ages. I was close but then my boss' wife got me stuck on peroigies.

Why does everything good have cheese in it?

I was on a no soda diet for a year or so, I felt great.

I have been a vegetarian for like 3 years not sure how long...

Hi Evans

Truth is, that anything God tells the man to do, and he will not do, it is sin, and one sin not repented of in the sin that can never be forgiven.

• In the day, only Samson's mother was told, should she not have obeyed, to her it would be sin.
  • Only Samson was commanded, not to cut the hair.
  • It was that certain one that asked a question of Jesus, that was told to sell all.
  • It was the young prophet that died along the road, that was told not to eat.
  • It was Abraham that was given command to sacrifice his son, his only son which he had waited years to have.

The sin comes in the pride, disrespect and the disobedience.

This personal God, knows what we need.  Has God commanded His people today to abstain from eating the flesh of animals?  Is His voice through EGW, which many call "prophet", truly His voice?  Is she to be treated any differently than the Bible prophets?

Is how we answer these questions, also a test?

Take Care

Walt

i think if your trying to do what is right according to his word, then thats all you can do. if its clean meats, chicken, fish then whats the problem. God said you could eat them. the bible does not mention colas, coffee, etc. as far as beer or wine, you should try to stay away.

there are so many things that are brought into this world and many get caught in to it and find it hard to break away. but really is it a salvation issue. i know you should not defile the body. but what does that mean?

me, personally, i drink some coffee and i drink colas. when i eat out, i try to watch what i eat. i am not saying to others do as you wish.

Daniel

Do you really believe that your approach is the one that leads to salvation? 

We agree that we should do what is in accord with God's word.  That is a given.  However, just doing what is necessary to "get by" is not really "getting by."   You wrote:

"if its clean meats, chicken, fish then whats the problem. God said you could eat them."

This is also true.  However, truth is progressive.  We who now live at the end of the world's history are to prepare for life in heaven.  Do  you believe that there will be any butcher shops in heaven?  There were no butcher shops in Eden, where the original diet was given.  Yes, these products are permitted, but are they really the best?

Then you wrote:

"i know you should not defile the body. but what does that mean?"

This would be a good subject for study.  Of course the word: "body" is self explainatory, but how about "defile?"  Just what does this mean?

Webster defines it as:

"defile 1 v.t., filed, filing. 1. to make foul, dirty, or unclean. 2. to violate the chastity of. 3. to desecrate. 4. to sully, as a person's reputation."

Anything that makes one's body function at less than the best is defiling it. 

At least here in the Northwestern USA, and it appears to be all over, those who specialize in human nutrition are learning more and more about how bad is the effect of flesh foods on the human system, especially the ability to think and reason. 

So to argue that flesh is good for the human system is flying not only in the face of what the Bible says, but it is also contrary to the latest information on this subject on the secular level. 

Anything that we cling to that we know is not best for us, or could know if we opened our eyes, will keep us out of heaven.  Since we know that there will be no death in heaven, would it not seem to be the wisest thing to turn that area of our appetite over to God for divine help in separating it from us?

Maranatha :)
Ray

The Hebrew word that is used in some places is:

tame', taw-may'; a primitive root; to be foul, especially in a ceremonial or moral sense (contaminated) :- defile (self), pollute (self), be (make, make self, pronounce) unclean, × utterly. Hebrew 2930, Strong’s

i see your point. i got myself into drinking caffeine in colas. mainly diet dr pepper. i want deny it. and a cup of coffee every now and then. i eat mostly vegan. i wished i had never drink any of it. i got used to it. i am not saying i dont want to change that. just its not easy when you start something and try to stop. and maybe it does effect the mind. yes, i want to stand in the last day. to go through the end. who knows maybe even be one of the 144,000. which is Gods call

Hi Daniel, grace and peace.

I totally understand your predicament, but don't beat yourself up. Ask God He "WILL" help.

I was addicted to cocaine, tobacco, caffeine, alcohol, marijuana, meat, cheese, fish and many more.

All these things are directly connected to appetite. As I asked God, step by step, He has empowered me to yield to His will.

I have been total vegan now for some time, and I have never been fitter, never felt better, never had even as much as a common cold. Praise God for His counsel. God only wants whats best for us, and I have been truly blessed.

God bless you, I will pray for you, Scott. 

hell i tell u.hheehhe

Kendra:

This thread was begun because on the premise that many are seeking to coerce and manipulate others by fear and "hell's fire" into not eating meat.  Here is the OP:

"What is this message of health reform some adventists are talking about and making people feel as though its a pre-requisit for salvation? Please enlighten me. I only know one pre-requisit for salvation and thats accepting Jesus Christ as my personal Saviour( John 3:16). So what's this guilt trip about vegetarianism? I know that God doesn't change, he allowed them to eat meat and even Himself He ate fish, how can He now say we need to change our diet to vegetarianism? Enlighten me. Otherwise am ready to give up all for Jesus, but i wanna know the truth.. Somebody?".

There have already been other threads where it has been falsely stated that eating is a salvation issue.  It is our job to be a witness and the Holy Spirit's job to convict--His time, his way....only through the Word of God.

Hope that better clarifies things for you. 

Sarah

I know why this thread was started. I know why all of them are started. I'm speaking specifically to you. In short, what is your stance on this meat-eating "issue"

Kendria:

I agree with God and the Word of God.  Humans have been given three options, and they are to allow the Holy Spirit to be their final guide--and not man.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service