Adventist Online

WILL GOD BURN ME IN HELL IF I CONTINUE EATING CHICKEN AND FISH(MEAT)????

What is this message of health reform some adventists are talking about and making people feel as though its a pre-requisit for salvation? Please enlighten me. I only know one pre-requisit for salvation and thats accepting Jesus Christ as my personal Saviour( John 3:16). So what's this guilt trip about vegetarianism? I know that God doesn't change, he allowed them to eat meat and even Himself He ate fish, how can He now say we need to change our diet to vegetarianism? Enlighten me. Otherwise am ready to give up all for Jesus, but i wanna know the truth.. Somebody?

Views: 477

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have ask this question on here my self . Look at it this way ,it is not a sin to eat the clean meat that God has permitted us to eat, but because of how the used of animal flesh has become so dangerous it is best not to eat it , because  its a sin to destroy your body and eating flesh does that right now . and God will destroy those who willfully destroy their bodies. here is a quote from Ellen White :

If meat eating was ever healthful, it is not safe now. {CG 382.1}

Reasons for Discarding Flesh Foods.-

Flesh was never the best food; but its use is now doubly objectionable, since disease in animals is so rapidly increasing. Those who use flesh foods little know what they are eating. Often if they could see the animals when living and know the quality of the meat they eat, they would turn from it with loathing. People are continually eating flesh that is filled with tuberculous and cancerous germs. Tuberculosis, cancer, and other fatal diseases are thus communicated. {CG 382.3}

-Those who eat flesh are but eating grains and vegetables at second hand, for the animal receives from these things the nutrition that produces growth. The life that was in the grains and vegetables passes into the eater. We receive it by eating the flesh of the animal. How much better to get it direct, by eating the food that God provided for our use! {CG 382.2}

Effects Not Immediately Realized.-

Return to the Original Wholesome Diet.-

-Is it not time that all should aim to dispense with flesh foods? How can those who are seeking to become pure, refined, and holy, that they may have the companionship of heavenly angels, continue to use as food anything that has so harmful an effect on soul and body? How can they take the life of God's creatures that they may consume the flesh as a luxury? Let them, rather, return to the wholesome and delicious food given to man in the beginning. {CG 383.1}

The Course of Those Awaiting Christ's Coming.-

Back to God's Design.-

God bless.

-Again and again I have been shown that God is bringing His people back to His original design, that is, not to subsist on the flesh of dead animals. He would have us teach people a better way. . . . If meat is discarded, if the taste is not educated in that direction, if a liking for fruits and grains is encouraged, it will soon be as God in the beginning designed it should be. No meat will be used by His people. - Among those who are waiting for the coming of the Lord, meat eating will eventually be done away; flesh will cease to form a part of their diet. We should ever keep this end in view and endeavor to work steadily toward it. I cannot think that in the practice of flesh eating we are in harmony with the light which God has been pleased to give us. {CG 383.2 -The effects of a flesh diet may not be immediately realized, but this is no evidence that it is not harmful. Few can be made to believe that it is the meat they have eaten which has poisoned their blood and caused their suffering. Many die of diseases wholly due to meat eating, while the real cause is not suspected by themselves or by others. {CG 382.4}

hello Hastings, grace and peace.

You have raised a very good point, I absolutely agree with you about vegetables also not being safe for consumption. We are counseled to do the best we can in our given situation. Someone, for example, who lives in arctic conditions is hardly going to profit from vegetarianism, obviously.

However, we have been counseled to promote and live a country lifestyle, growing our own (truly organic) produce, and to live, as far as possible in a self sustaining manner. I am aware that not all people can do this, for numerous obvious reasons, however, if we can, we should.

If I CAN glorify God by promoting the best health, spiritually, physically, emotionally and mentally, why would I want to compromise?

If you find yourself in a position where you are unable, God assuredly will grant you grace.

As for people being saved by abstinence, this is ridiculous. However, if your diet, affects your ability to discern right from wrong, from hearing Gods Word, then, it can be a salvational issue.

The best advice is always going to be to prove all things, and hold fast that which is good.

God bless you, Scott.

Hi Evans, grace and peace.

In Jesus time here on earth, there was no industrial pollution. Fish nowadays have been proven to have very high levels of toxic heavy metals such as Quicksilver (mercury).

Scripture tells us not to defile our bodies (temple), lest God destroys us.

Also if we know to do good, but neglect or refuse to do it, it is a sin unto us.

I also agree with what Sister Lutendo posted.

Blessings, Scott.

The same bad 'stuff" we still using such as chilli,hot,spicy,coffee,tea,coke,sugar,etc and are so destructive too!

Respectfully, Evans it only matters what the BIBLE says.  As I stated in the previous post, Ellen White ate fish as well.  Not all people consider fish as "meat".  

Here are the words "doctrine" and "counsel" better defined:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/doctrine?show=0&t=131...

doctrine

1.  archaic : teachinginstruction
2.  a : something that is taught   
     b : a principle or position or the body of principles in a branch of knowledge or system of belief : dogma   
     c : a principle of law established through past decisions  
     d : a statement of fundamental government policy especially in international relationse : a military principle
           or set of strategies

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/counsel

counsel

1. a : advice given especially as a result of consultation 
  2. b : a policy or plan of action or behavior
Thanks Sarah. Thanks a lot..
heheheh.. Hastings, i like your thinking. God is never stranded and He never changes. But i have understood Ray's point. The most important thing i wanted to know is the relationship between salvation and vegetarianism or so called health reform most Adventists are preaching about misleading people that if they dont reform they will go to hell. I dont know if they read that from the spirit of prophecy or not. But if the spirit of prophecy is contradicting the bible, then i dont need it. Paul says "if an angel from heaven comes to you with another doctrine other than the one we preached to you, let him be cursed". So the bible is the standard of everything and every doctrine that contradicts the bible weather its from E.G White, i wont accept it. I mean its annoying someone telling me or implying if i dont become a vegetarian then am going to hell, thats not what the bible says. Thats making salvation for sell, thats an insult to God because salvation is free. salvation by works is a hallmark of paganism and i dont buy it. Salvation is through Christ and not through the belly or vegetarianism. I will conform to the diet or vegetarianism if i feel the impress of the Holy Spirit just out of Love for Jesus but not as a means of salvation. Glory to the Lamb of God.

Evans, most Seventh-day Adventists Christians are NOT preaching this!  It is not being taught or marketing in predominately Hispanic or African-American Churches/Conferences (which is what I am most familiar with).  My church just happens to be multi-cultural.

But you are 100% correct, your diet has nothing to do with your salvation in Jesus.

While it is true that our salvation is of the merit of Jesus, wisdom is that we take heed to good counsel and put away that which was given to kill us.

I was waiting for a comment like that...LOLOL!  God said that we would surely die that day we sinned (Genesis 2:16, 17), so it is the sin committed in the Garden of Eden that was given to kill us....

It is BEST to follow the Holy Spirit and what HE reveals to each person most important Spiritual Issues are....speaking as a progressive vegetarian for over 20 years.   For example, the Holy Spirit could  state that you Desmond "may" need to focus on how you treat your family and represent Jesus to them---or even study scripture more.  Each person has a individual journey that is between them and Christ alone.

When we attempt to play "god junior" and "scare straight" a person, then you have taken on the religion of the Pharisees.  

The Religion of the Pharisees

I am fast coming to the conclusion that conservative christianity is very dangerous. I cannot see how revival in the church will take place in a conservative setting ? Secondly conservative religion has chased many out of the church.

Yes.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by