Adventist Online

WILL GOD BURN ME IN HELL IF I CONTINUE EATING CHICKEN AND FISH(MEAT)????

What is this message of health reform some adventists are talking about and making people feel as though its a pre-requisit for salvation? Please enlighten me. I only know one pre-requisit for salvation and thats accepting Jesus Christ as my personal Saviour( John 3:16). So what's this guilt trip about vegetarianism? I know that God doesn't change, he allowed them to eat meat and even Himself He ate fish, how can He now say we need to change our diet to vegetarianism? Enlighten me. Otherwise am ready to give up all for Jesus, but i wanna know the truth.. Somebody?

Views: 477

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Scott:

I study the Bible and am aware of the vision the Lord gave to Peter....This is not Acts 10.

The LORD allowed three means of eating according to His will in scripture: fruit, nuts, and grains (before sin); vegetables (after sin); and clean meats w/o the blood (after the flood).  Period. Speaking as a progressive vegetarian for over 20 years, trying to "scare" or "coerce" people into changing their diets is not the health message nor is it of GOD--EVER!  The Seventh-day Adventist Church is not a cult, but the way a few of you are presenting the health message it is very cultish.  If that is how you choose to live, that is your right, but it is a false respresentation of being a part of the World-Wide Seventh-day Adventist Church.  

This site has been allowed to have teaching of far too many that have been "disfellowshipped" from the church TEACH here.  That is problematic.  I talk fellowship and have friends from many walks of life, but only the Word of God and those who follow it as their source for inspiration. 

And for the record:  Our salvation in in JESUS CHRIST and Him alone!

Let's clarify scripture:

1 Timothy 4:3-5

..."to abstain from foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving; for it is sanctified by the word of God and pray. If you instruct the brethren in these things, you will be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished in the words of faith and of the good doctrine which you have carefully followed. But reject profane and old wives’ fables, and exercise yourself toward godliness."

The only "creature" (back to the original) is an animal.  Levitcus 11 is even more clear.  But, I am sure you already know this.  Even if you did not here is one more:

Romans 14:1-12

Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things. For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables. Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him. Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.  One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.  He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks. For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself. For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s.  For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living. But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.  For it is written:  “ As I live, says the LORD,  every knee shall bow to Me, and every tongue shall confess to God.” So then each of us shall give account of himself to God. Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother’s way."

God does not change His mind....Our bodies are not the same as they were before sin and have different needs.  To insist that a person MUST be a vegetarian or vegan is CRAZY!  You are not their doctor and dont know what their bodies may even need or can't take or digest.  EGW even speaks very specifically to this!   During the time of trouble, those that are alive will be happy to eat whatever the Lord provides and are not going to be concerned about whether or not they live or die, just as long as they are saved!   smh

If a person is convicted by the Holy Spirit to change their diet, GREAT....I did for me--and without coercion.  But this beating up on people, attempting to "guilt them" into changing a diet into something they may not for health reasons (that are no one's business) need to or be able to--or worse, telling someone that they will "go to hell" because they eat meat is BLASPHEMY! 

It is just as bad as trying to "scare" someone into keeping the Sabbath--the Bible speaks for itself and the Holy Spirit can do His job just fine!  Let your life so shine---you witness by your life and when people see you they will want to know about Jesus!   If more of you here would spend time studying and memorizing the Word of God as you do EGW writings, your local churches would not be a "ghost town" with little to no new members, bearing no real fruit in your local communities and making the Gospel of Jesus a joke.

Hi Sarah

Lots of exclamation marks there.

Passionate.

Note: "sanctified by the word of God and pray".

That means that it is all in the word of God, and if we pray to know and obey, God will help.

We are to be over-comers.

Within the SDA doctrine is the almost forgotten concepts of both sacrifice and restoration. We should be willing to move at the Lord's command, and willing to sacrifice if necessary.

What of the Bible theme of "restitution" or "restoration"?  Are not we to be going back to the original?  Is not all that was lost through sin to be restored?

What of Isa. 11:6-16 KJV?

What of the many mentions by EGW, is she prophet, wrong, liar or some other?  How shall we reason?  Shall it be by our likes or dislikes, or by a thus sayeth the Lord?

We are "all in the same boat", and so must choose.

If any acknowledge his helplessness and cry out to the Lord, He shall make the seeming impossible, possible and more -- a living reality; and quicker than we think.  We must ask for faith to believe and trust the Lord.

He is kind and will help us. He is waiting.  Just ask.

It worked for me.

Take Care

Walt

Read what she states in the Great Controversy below.... =)

Yes, I am passionate about souls not being "misled", "conned", "coerced", and/or "hustled". That is what Jesus did, he ate fish--after the resurrection, and that is the Word of God.  It appears that more people need to be as well--that is if they are Christians and are truly Seventh-day Adventist Christians....

Hope that helps!  

Sarah

Could it be that you are so passionate about people being conned, coerced or hustled that you have moved over to the point of defending sin?  That is an equal danger and is even more dangerous to their soul's salvation.  We must maintain a balance between the two extremes.

Maranatha :)
Ray

Eating clean meat without the blood is not sin.

Hi Sarah

Jesus ate all lawful foods for His day.

The words do not mean "suggest nothing" do they?

I will suggest, as God will have me to do (Ezk. 3:5-11 KJV.),  and the rest is up to you.  That is fair.

Take Care

Walt

Jesus is the our perfect example and perfect sacrifice.  Enough said...or should I say, "'Nuff sed"? LOLOL!

That seems to be incorrect.

Creature=created thing, creation

Ellen G. White states in the Great Controversy:

"God will have a people upon the earth to maintain the Bible, and the Bible only, as the standard of all doctrines and the basis of all reforms. The opinions of learned men, the deductions of science, the creed or decisions of ecclesiastical councils, as numerous and discordant as are the churches which they represent, the voice of the majority-not one nor all of these should be regarded as evidence for or against any point of religious faith. Before accepting any doctrine or precept, we should demand a plain "Thus saith the Lord" in its support".--The Great Controversy, p. 595 (White)

You have mine posted....I am still waiting for your "thus saith the LORD".

Sarah

Right there in Acts is the concept clearly denoted.  "Restitution of all things" (in the day given to blot out sins, no less).

Why quote her here and not on the other?  Is this honest?  Does it not all have to fit together?

Well part of that "all things" is the original diet, and the prophets which speak for God pass along His command as to where we need to be in the transition.  The question is now will we pray to obey?

Of course it will seem hard and the evil one will make it seem impossible, but we should not stop there.  With God all things are possible.

Just pray.  He'll do the rest.

Take Care

Walt

Since some of you "just have to have a EGW quote", I simply gave you one that reminds those who really want to see Jesus--especially at the end of earth's history-- to follow the Bible, which is what I have done.

You are welcome to do as you choose for yourself, but kindly take the "Jim Jones" methods elsewhere.

Blessings! 

Sarah

You posted:

"Eating clean meat without the blood is not sin."
Oh, but it is if the fat is still in it.  And it can be if one knows better and refuses to do better because they like the taste.
Maranatha :)
Ray

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com