Adventist Online

Should women preach, become elders, pastors, leaders?

Views: 3745

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

@MFG

I have seen you and Teresa on here a long time, and given your compassion I would say she needs more friends like you. :0)

Whatever is going on though she definitely is not her self lately.. She normally can be quite reasonable, but has seemed off the past month or two.. As for a connection, you are right there, but at least one of us may be a comfort to her; whatever she is dealing with right now. :0) I would hope by now though as many loving please as she has received over the past few days, she would know she is not alone, but rather surrounded by members of the body of Christ..

We will continue praying for our sister in Christ.

GB

But the problem is, teresa, that you keep coming back... and then feel you have to tell us that you are walking away again.

Walk, sit - sing, be silent... who cares? This is not twitter, all you are doing is disrupting someone else's thread and making it harder for those who are discussing the topic to follow the thread. It's like someone standing at the door in the and announcing 30 times in the middle of conversation, "I'm going now". So go. No-one is preventing you.

A month ago you wanted the forum to stay open and as soon as the deadline passes you go straight into the bullying/abusive tactics that will get this site closed. Perhaps it would help if you had some concern for others and their desire for the site to remain open. 

If you truly want to discuss, then discuss. If you truly want to walk away then walk away. But please stop wrecking this thread - it is not all about you. 

@Alexander

You have a good point.. Though unfortunately as human beings we are desperately wicked and will always have these problems, I have to agree that those are likely the two most touchy subjects where people generally get a bit more aggressive..

Kristina

There are reasons for these two topics being so volitile.  These are both subjects that are akin to the coming Sunday law.  The principles involved in these topics, WOPE and homosexuality, are both open defiance of what God has said in His word.  They are flagrant establishment of human opinion above what God has commanded.  They are clear demonstrations of who is being served.  They are both setting people up to accept the worship on the first day of the week, when the pressure is put on the whole world.

While I most certainly do not like the aggresiveness of those promoting or defending these practices, any more then Clark does, yet, to a point it needs to be shown just how bankrupt their arguments really are and how solid the position that the Bible takes on those issues. 

In this way, bystanders who have not become rooted and grounded in these errors, will be able to make intelligent choices.  This is the value of this discussion.  For unless the questions are raised, they may never know that there are solid answers to them.  Several have commented, privately and openly on the forum, that as they have been able to see the contrast between the specious arguments presented for these practices, when compared to what the Bible says, it has helped them to be assured in their own mind as to what the truth is in these situations.

So, in spite of all the sound and fury, there is a benefit, much that may only be seen in the judgement.

Maranatha :)
Ray

@Ray

While I agree that this discussion is worth wading through the bog. It is not worth getting this site shut down, because if that happens we wont be able to do it on any other important topic either.. As Adventists, we have been blessed with many other means of getting our messages out, as we feel impressed to that are better suited for such topics..

Kristina

You do not have any disagreement with me on that.

Ray

@Ray

none at all :0)

JohnB

What is of intrest in this situation is this.  Some on this forum want women to be ordained and be installed as spiritual leaders.  But they offer nothing of substance to follow.  All they offer for others to follow is their opinions.   Nothing from God's word or Ellen White, just their opinions.  If those are not accepted, they act like they have been slighted.   And when solid evidence is presented, they studiously ignore it, go off by themselves and complain about how badly they have been treated.  Yes, facts can be very hard on those who refuse to acknowledge them.

One person is constantly singing to themself.   It reminds me of this passage in the Bible.

"The Pharisee stood and was praying thus to himself, 'God, I thank Thee that I am not like other people: swindlers, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax-gatherer."  Luke 18:11 NASB

When we sing and pray to ourselves, only we are being worshipped.  God does not hear becasue we have not addressed our song and prayer to Him, and it shows that one has steeled their mind against the truth that is being presented.  It may serve as a form of self hypnosis, but it certainly does not have much more benefit.  We need to pray that such will find that it is better to give their worship to God, not themselves. 

Maranatha :)
Ray

@Ray

"What is of intrest in this situation is this.  Some on this forum want women to be ordained and be installed as spiritual leaders.  But they offer nothing of substance to follow.  All they offer for others to follow is their opinions.   Nothing from God's word or Ellen White, just their opinions.  If those are not accepted, they act like they have been slighted.   And when solid evidence is presented, they studiously ignore it, go off by themselves and complain about how badly they have been treated.  Yes, facts can be very hard on those who refuse to acknowledge them."

Even as a woman I have to agree with this, because we as a gender (not all women) do tend to do that quite frequently, as we are naturally more overemotional, for a variety of reasons from, hormones, to genetics... As such we can at times be a bit more illogical, and to say otherwise is just dishonest.... Think about it ladies there is a reason God gave Adam / men the final word in marriage, because eve had displayed an emotionally charged lack of judgment when she tried to take Adam down with her..

@John B

What I want to know is why isn't the web master stepping in any more?

"Therefore I do not respond to posts that address me or misrepresent my posts.  Instead I walk away singing a hymn."

That would be great. Unfortunately, the problem is that you *do* respond to those posts that you perceive as addressing you or misrepresenting your posts - in fact you even use the same response when you are challenged for posting information that is wrong. If you were not responding you would not be wrecking the thread for everyone else.

FYI: "Not responding" would never involve clicking the "Add Reply" button.

@Teresa

"Perhaps because Kristina it would be found that those accusing are the ones making the personal remarks, instead of addressing the posts or topic."

That would make seance accept for the fact that if that was the case the moderator would have still put a stop to this if they were aware.

And speaking of personal shots that was a pretty lame excuse to make one at me.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service