Adventist Online

Folks, are you keeping your eyes and ears open? I noticed there is rarely any discussions about world events. Most of the discussions are humdrum, Look at what has happened today. Two huge earthquakes occurred in Indonesia. One was a 8.9 and the other following it was a 8.6. No one here on this site is discussing this. Our world is drastically changing for the worst, but no one seems to care. People of the Lord are have dreams about End Time Events, and no one is reading or heeding. Why the passive state of folks on this forum? We all need to wake up and take notice. The events happening all around us is as plain as the nose on our face. We are being warned by God to get ourselves ready. We do not have much time.

God help us all!

Views: 343

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Colleen, I agree that we must be watchful, but it can be easy to lose perspective. We would do well to be looking back as well, simply to maintain a sense of relativity. Apparently, the most deadly earthquake in the world thus far occurred in the 1556 (in China). Natural disasters, historically, were horrendous, in terms of their death-tolls. Plagues such as that which occurred in Justinian's time (AD500's) killed as many as 100 million people. And today's wars, terrible as they are, are almost nothing in comparison to the incessant wars of old. Today we are even starting to think that it is un-acceptable to have civilian casualties.  Of course that concept was undreamt of in previous ages.

I also have to agree with the balance of what Stewart is saying....when Jesus prophesied about the end times He stressed that the end was not yet.  (Matthew 24).  The everlasting Gospel of Jesus Christ --not Adventism--must go to all of the World.  I specify that just so we are clear of what scripture states.

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:  Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen."

"And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come."--Matthew 24:14

I let the WORD speak for itself....no denominations are named, as they did not exist and are all manmade.  The mandate in spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ is for every Believer, thus it is ridiculous to believe that God will suddenly say, "Oh by the way, it is only for you people".

William Miller rejected the SDA message himself, I hope you are aware of that.  The denominational beliefs are not the fulfillment of Matthew 24 or 28 either.  The Gospel of Jesus Christ is about HIM.  The other points that are important, come as we mature in Christ and study His Word--but are not the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

That Gospel speaks to choosing Him as Lord and Savior in one's life and being willing to walk and grow in that relationship.

As a Seventh-day Adventist Christian, I am not presumptous to believe that the Kingdom of God is only for Adventists.  That is NOT what we as a Church teach or believe, despite the perspectives of a few to the contrary.  You have my answer.....I will not debate the issue nor argue about it.

Blessings!

Nothing personal....You have a right to your opinions and conclusions, they just do not line up with Holy Scripture.  Blessings!

The gospel is a "broad field", and it is a particular part of the gospel that goes to all the world. The first angel has the gospel, and what he says is a part of the everlasting gospel, but it is a specific part. "Fear God and give glory to Him... because the hour of His judgment has come..." Only Adventists can give that part of the gospel message. (About the pre-Advent judgment.)

The Rev 14 angels that "follow" one another, do not leave any of their fellows behind. The first angel is to do a work to the very end. His message is still present/ current truth. He carries an essential part of the gospel that Babylon will never have.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service