Adventist Online

"You have no right to semi-automatic weapons in a large city" - Ben Carson

Asked by Beck for his thoughts on the Second Amendment, Carson gave the popular pro-gun argument: “There’s a reason for the Second Amendment; people do have the right to have weapons.”But when asked whether people should be allowed to own “semi-automatic weapons,” the doctor replied: “It depends on where you live.”“I think if you live in the midst of a lot of people, and I’m afraid that that semi-automatic weapon is going to fall into the hands of a crazy person, I would rather you not have it,” Carson elaborated.However, if you live “out in the country somewhere by yourself” and want to own a semi-automatic weapon, he added, “I’ve no problem with that.”

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/conservative-hero-ben-carson-to-beck-you...

Views: 1017

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Stop bashing Catholics, I don't think they are spending any time bashing you.

Leon

On that front you would be very wrong.  The Catholic church has put out a statement that unless you are Catholic you aren't Christian.  Their government is working every hard against Adventism.  But, on that front, you could probably care less. Not to mention that the Catholic organization is gearing up, after a brief sabbatical of 1200 years of slaughter, to get the machine cranking again.  So, they are gearing up to beyond verbal to physical bashing.

Hello Heisenberg

Compared to the rants on this site about fictitious plots and secret underground Jesuits, and your statement regarding potential physical bashing, the Catholics are not currently involved in Bashing Adventist. If that were so, you and others wouldn't have to make stuff up.

Leon

So, how long have you been Catholic?  Life long?  A convert?  When did you take your orders?  How did you pick your order?  I have often been curious how that works.  I have known Deacons in the Catholic Church, and that is a big deal.  But, becoming a priest, that is a whole other level. 

You disdain everything Adventist and lift up everything Catholic, so I am guessing new to it? What first attracted you to it?  Family members, friends, or again, life long?  Started as an altar boy?  Not many are devoted enough to go to such lengths to play counter-intelligence this side of the Jesuit order, but only a neophyte would make such as mistake as above.

Heisenberg, 

he is part of the emerging church? 

Hello Heisenburg

Being careful not to feed into your current paranoia, I would like to point out that your current statements aren't common knowledge or concrete facts, they are mainly conjecture and confabulations. They may seem true to you, but confirmatory bias allows you to interpret facts in a way that meet your own expectations. Your reasoning is a mix of grandiosity and confabulation, which does not make much reasonable sense. Spiritual discernment does not mean reaching for obscure facts to support forgone conclusions.

Leon

Leon

Did you know that the emerging church is of Satan? 

Wow,  this  Christian  cracks  me  up.  Jesus  please  come  soon!

”But when asked whether people should be allowed to own “semi-automatic weapons,”

-

That is until terrible civil war. Shot gun could do for home defense but are useless a in civil war... a very real possibly.

Most people view it as Us against the government, so I gotta own a gun. The truth, I think, is the government will not be there to protect me because government is incompetent therefor I must protect my family, home and neighbors myself a with a gun(force increasing tool). 

Pretty much.  When seconds count, help is minutes away.

Hello Raymond

Please get some help. Peter didn't run around  with a sword after he was converted. If you are Christian then you expect persecution, not build a fortress and wait to blow the head off of your neighbor.

Leon

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by