Adventist Online

"You have no right to semi-automatic weapons in a large city" - Ben Carson

Asked by Beck for his thoughts on the Second Amendment, Carson gave the popular pro-gun argument: “There’s a reason for the Second Amendment; people do have the right to have weapons.”But when asked whether people should be allowed to own “semi-automatic weapons,” the doctor replied: “It depends on where you live.”“I think if you live in the midst of a lot of people, and I’m afraid that that semi-automatic weapon is going to fall into the hands of a crazy person, I would rather you not have it,” Carson elaborated.However, if you live “out in the country somewhere by yourself” and want to own a semi-automatic weapon, he added, “I’ve no problem with that.”

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/conservative-hero-ben-carson-to-beck-you...

Views: 1015

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jesus supports government dependence?  That's why EGW in the SOP says we should live independent lives in the country?  Hmmm.  Confusing. 

Pish Posh Mr. Rennek

Obama didn't invent evil, and nor did his predecessor. Running governments typically compromises everyone, even the best of us. Power, is a large temptation. I do think we need to advocate for treating others well, and providing safety nets. I does prevent chaos. But, ultimately it is up to God. Pop culture will be here long after Obama is gone, and was here before he took office. Linking groups because they are convenient for your argument is hardly a wise statement.

Leon

If your Prime Minister exposed everyone in your country, intentionally, to a virus that had the potential of killing every man, woman, and child in Australia, would you praise his actions, or condemn them?

You have run far from reason, and into the world of confabulation.

Leon

You are wrong.  That is what happened in our country.  Yet, we are supposed to be celebrating it?  Yea!  He's our guy?  He let Ebola in our country and continues to do so.  Weee!  Let's throw him a parade?  If it happened to your country, I think you would be equally outraged, rather than just sweeping it under the carpet.  And unless your leaders do act, it will be in Melborne very soon.

JFK a democrat, a philanderer, and a Catholic, but I still admire him because he put the people of his nation above his own predilections or party politics and this may be the reason he was killed.

Truman also democrat and a flawed man, but one who put his nation first and made hard decisions for the good of others. 

What is so hard about thinking and using our minds and seeing things for what they are.  

If we take an end time yard stick and lay it next to each president from Ronald Reagan to now you will see that each one took us closer to the end time beast power.   The Bush's really took us far, but, President Obama has taken us off the rails as a republic and the need to follow the rule of law and the Constitution and just as EGW predicted the Constitution no longer matters.  

If we take off the social justice and welfare rose colored glasses for a moment we see that party politics are an illusion and that left and right are wings of the same dirty bird that gets us to the beast power. 

"Jesus was here in our time, you perhaps would think that he supported the ideas of a welfare government."

The idea that Jesus is a communist denigrates Jesus.  If we look at what the Bible says (Jesus the word) we find that HE wants us to love and provide for our neighbor, not a collective under an elected worldly high priest that controls the means of production.  This whole idea of giving 100 percent to government and letting government decide winners and losers sounds like a good idea if you want sunday law.   I kind of like the idea of Jesus being my government in total, my Lord and my King.  Obama and presidents not so much.   

Yes, I follow the worldly laws, Yes, I pay my taxes and you should too.  I am looking forward to living under God's law written by Gods own hand, not Obama's welfare.  I am looking forward to eating fruit from the Tree in heaven, not  GMO food provided by the SNAP program.    

Why are we so worldly?   Common sense, stop a deadly virus by stopping the transportation of infected people.  Quarantine is Biblically sound and Pres. Obama would be wise to use it, but he won't.   Even now Ebola is not the only problem, where I live TB, West Nile, hepatitis A, B, and C, lice and bed bugs are now problematic.  It is not in the news very much because we would have to blame the failure of a democrat lead government for not stopping something that our grandparents stopped with a scrub brush and common sense.  

His policies are paving the way for all the things that Liberals cry about with Conservatives.  He has put the tools in their hands that they did not have before to make everything that Adventists decry Conservatives about.  He is only a religious figure in the since that many Liberals treat him as sacred and untouchable, and that he has paved the way for prophecy to be fulfilled for not being able to buy or sell and for the Constitution to exist, but be wholly ignored.

You can mention Obama in church but don't talk about EGW she is out of fashion. 

Vote and then leave the leading up to the man God has chosen. I think that makes a sensible requirement for modern christian living Leon.

I think that as christians we do have a duty to vote i.e. "render to Caesar". But ultimately we know that God leads. If Daniel and Joseph could fulfill roles as prime ministers then that is enough to tell us that we do have civic duties. BTW we vote according to our conscience and the knowledge we have what the candidate does with the mandate you as the voter give him/her is between them and God so there is no reason to bear any guilt for what Obama does.  Likewise we cannot expect republican voters to bear the burden and guilt for the instability that GW Bush and Cheney have created in the middle east.  Voters can only learn from what they done.

Patriot Act is a Republican program, Democrats wanted to kill it in 06.

FINAL VOTE RESULTS FOR ROLL CALL 20 (Republicans in roman; Democrats in italic; Independents underlined)

S 2271      2/3 YEA-AND-NAY      7-Mar-2006      7:16 PM
 QUESTION:  On Motion to Suspend the Rules and Pass
 BILL TITLE: USA PATRIOT Act Additional Reauthorizing Amendments Act

Yeas Nays PRES NV
Republican 214 13   3
Democratic 66 124   11
Independent   1    
TOTALS 280 138   14

"Democrats wanted to kill it in 06."  Key word: wanted - past tense.  Now that they are entrenched into power they have done nothing to repeal it.  They have the power and the ability to repeal it,  but they will not.   If the NSA is spying on all of us why are the democrats in power and the president allowing it?  I guess that is to difficult a question to ponder. 

Correct, now that the regime is theirs, nary a word spoken against it.  They just quietly use it to their own devices. 

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service