Adventist Online

"You have no right to semi-automatic weapons in a large city" - Ben Carson

Asked by Beck for his thoughts on the Second Amendment, Carson gave the popular pro-gun argument: “There’s a reason for the Second Amendment; people do have the right to have weapons.”But when asked whether people should be allowed to own “semi-automatic weapons,” the doctor replied: “It depends on where you live.”“I think if you live in the midst of a lot of people, and I’m afraid that that semi-automatic weapon is going to fall into the hands of a crazy person, I would rather you not have it,” Carson elaborated.However, if you live “out in the country somewhere by yourself” and want to own a semi-automatic weapon, he added, “I’ve no problem with that.”

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/conservative-hero-ben-carson-to-beck-you...

Views: 1020

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"Christian then you expect persecution" said by someone who supports big government who is buying huge lots of ammunition.  

Take the small guns owned by the citizens and support the big daddy government who has the biggest guns and tanks.  

Support the government that gives guns to gangs that do home invasions.  OK then.  

Ironic, citizens too stupid to own a small gun, but a politician is smart enough to direct forces who use guns on citizens. 

O.K.

Please find a support group.

Leon

"Please find a support group."

5. No belittling of individual people, their character, their beliefs, or their motives.

I give an example that people with small arms are of little threat to the Government and that people who have faith in government support those with a huge amount of arms and resources.  

Is the beast power common people, country folks and hunters or is it Government, Church and state combined.  You support a government with complete control a statist view.  

You say I need a support group inferring that I have mental problems but have no logical response.   I do not need to defend myself, I think you need to defend your position. 

Silly!  Home invasions happen all the time.  They were happening to my family in their neighborhood in El Paso.  Hungry gang members from Mexico looking for a free sandwich were breaking into homes with automatic weapons (provided by Obama admin. via Eric Holder), so my family moved away from what used to be a wonderful Latino neighborhood.    Now if a gang member breaks into a home with a semi-automatic weapon (semi means you pull the trigger each time) and you have an old fashioned break open double barrel shot gun you are in trouble.  You have just peppered one or two gang members and while you are fumbling to reload, angry gang members are pumping lead into your home as fast as they can pull the trigger of the Eric-holder-Obama-AR15.       

Carson may beable to restore a little dignity and reason within and among the ranks of conservatism before it is too late.

The subtext, conservatives should be disarmed and be murdered?

Or they could just try something novel, trust in the Lord. Has worked for countless Christians.

Leon

Which one?

CARSON FOR PRESIDENT! 

I live here in Kennesaw, Georgia which is located in Metropolitan Atlanta, Georgia. We have no, I repeat, no violent crime because the law requires that homeowners carry weapons. 

We are a very conservative town because we are against the liberal mindset of Atlanta. Hope this helps to some of you.

Hello Gabriel

The gun toting Christians, ready to anilate all sinners.

Leon

Are you serious! My family has owned guns for generations and many of my neighbors own guns (both liberal and conservative) and no one has shot another person EVER.  Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than any of my families guns have for generations.  Start by giving some fact rather than emotional outbursts that contain no facts.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service