Adventist Online

"You have no right to semi-automatic weapons in a large city" - Ben Carson

Asked by Beck for his thoughts on the Second Amendment, Carson gave the popular pro-gun argument: “There’s a reason for the Second Amendment; people do have the right to have weapons.”But when asked whether people should be allowed to own “semi-automatic weapons,” the doctor replied: “It depends on where you live.”“I think if you live in the midst of a lot of people, and I’m afraid that that semi-automatic weapon is going to fall into the hands of a crazy person, I would rather you not have it,” Carson elaborated.However, if you live “out in the country somewhere by yourself” and want to own a semi-automatic weapon, he added, “I’ve no problem with that.”

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/conservative-hero-ben-carson-to-beck-you...

Views: 1020

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Why do you have them if you aren't prepared to use them.

Leon

Leon,  as a follower of Jesus I find no reazon to own or carry a gun.  Why is gun ownership so obligatory among many Adventist ?

obligatory-not, if you have hoplophobia don't own one. Simple as that.   Why is it so obligatory for some to concern themselves when it is not a sin to own one.  Its a tool just like an ax or a hatchet witch also can be used to kill with. 

Have you killed anybody Raymond ?

Have you ever burned anyone alive?

What kind of question is that.  So you are more righteous.  Have you ever run over anyone with the truck?  Do you suffer from being self righteous?

Honest question. Just want to know. Maybe I should have asked "have you ever killed anybody using a weapon". Don't mean any sarcasm. By your reply assume you have never. 

This question of "have you ever killed anyone" is often asked to veterans and law enforcement.  Most have not.  Many just did things like right tickets, gaurd gates, cook,  fix vehicles etc.  Those that did have to take a life do not want to talk about it.  They will joke amongst themselves as a way of coping, but deep down unless they are a psychopath they have deep feelings about it and it is a very personal thing that is difficult to discuss for most people. Some have a difficult time living with what they have done even though in many cases it was justified as a defensive action saving their life and the lives of others.  Of all the questions asked to Vets and LEOs this has to be  the top 10 most hated question.   

As an American, its my right to carry a weapon to protect my life and property. 

Gabriel don't you think that God's protection is enough for us or do we have to supplement God's protection over us with a weapon ?

God gave us minds with common-sense.  By your line of reasoning, you should sit and home and wait for your bread and water to assured.  The traditions, and I do mean traditions of the Church do not equal scripture.

That is your problem.  We can and we do here in the Untied States.  Australia has it's own problems.

http://www.news.com.au/national/inside-the-deranged-minds-of-austra...

I don't know why Australians feel the need to own petrol, ferro rods, lighters, or matches.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service