Adventist Online

what do think are the reasons that our youth are leaving church?

Views: 475

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gabriel,

You agree with the above point about showing love and respect, yet your picture is offensive and a couple of brothers have pointed this out.

We should not expect from others what we are not prepared to give ourselves.

If you truly had love and respect for others, you would not maintain a picture that you know causes offense.

Mark
Being conservative means to conserve the past .If the Adventist pioneers where conservative the church would not exist. If Luther was conservative there would be no Reformation. It takes someone willing to buck the status quo for change to take place. So why are you an Adventist since you love conservatism what do you want to conserve and for how long?
I guess one of the reasons is that some youths find it boring. In my hometown church singing will actually lull you to sleep. Why can't we have a more lively songs?are we not allowed to just dance a bit? I don't mean break-dancing or hip hop dance but just jumping up and down, a little waving of arms, and just like what 4him mentioned 'good old swaying of the hips. Why does everybody has to be stiff - standing when singing and praising? didn't king David danced?
14. And DAVID DANCED BEFORE THE LORD WITH ALL HIS MIGHT and David was wearing a linen ephod. 15. So David and all the house of the Lord brought up the ark WITH SHOUTING AND WITH THE SOUND OF THE HORN 16. As the ark of Lord came into the city of David, Michal the daughter of Saul looked out the window and saw KING DAVID LEAPING AND DANCING BEFORE THE LORD, and she despised him in her heart. 2Samuel 6:14-16
Now you're talkin ....
Can I ask you a question Reya?

What "spirit" do you think God wants us to worship him with?

Mark
I'm surprised that some people are asking for drums and dancing, but since we are in the last days this is what the word of the Lord says through his prophets.

Isaiah 8:20 (King James Version)

20To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Amos 6:5 (King James Version)
5That chant to the sound of the viol, and invent to themselves instruments of music, like David;

Romans 12:2 (King James Version)
2And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

That's the crux of the matter regarding music, we can't copy and bring what goes on in charismatic and pentecostal churches; there are God's people there, but the whole system is flawed not to say Satanic. We as a remnant church we are called to be separate, distinct such that the world should see and marvel.
I'm a youth and grew up in a culture which is richly penetrated by mainstream charismatic churches; how comes the Lord has made strong upto this point in life singing hymns in church for over 20years?

The Lord speaking through Paul about not being yoked together with unbelievers has these wise words

2 Corinthians 6:17 (King James Version)

17Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

I'm sorry but the church will make sure that highest spiritual standards are observed amongst it's members and will not allow to bring in pagan practices.
Let's not forget Satan is cunning, when he tempted Jesus he told him that he will give him all the earthly kingdoms and their splendor, realize that Satan is quoting the words "Kingdoms of the world and their splendor" and in Matt. 3:17 Jesus teaches Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near.
Satan just makes a counterfeit, he did with the sabbath, he did it with Jesus offering earthly kingdoms the opposite of what Christ was offering, he has done it with the music too!

The youth think hymns are outdated, but from what I know reformers John Wesley, John Huss, Wycliffe etc. all sang them and there was great shaking against paganism in form of Papal Rome; song writers like Fanny Crosby penned down words when sang can lift you up to heaven; now we either return to how things were or follow satanic embedded modern worship which is sexist and performers being applauded as if they are gods; not to mention the instrumentals are similar to secular music, let's wake up brothers and sisters, we are in the last days and the message is repent, and let God control not through our minds are we able to discern heavenly things, but through the Holy Ghost, and anything that pushes the Holy Ghost out of the soul isn't uplifting.

It is NOT written, that Angels in heaven praise the Lord with dancing, jumping up and down, as a matter of fact, the song of Moses will be in Accapella, oh how sweet and victorious will that song sound!

Blessings to All
Hi Joseph,
I read the text that you quoted Amos 6:5 but if you read just above that, verse 4 it says "That lie upon beds of ivory, and stretch themselves upon their coaches, and eat lambs out of the flock, and calves out of the midst of the stall" surely Amos doesn't mean that we should not lie in expensive beds, rest in coaches, eat lamb and beef...

As matter of fact if you read verse 1-3 "Woe to them that are at ease in Zion, and trust in the mountain of Samaria, which are named chief of the nations, to whom the house of Israel came"
2 "Pass ye unto Calneh, and see; and from then go ye to Hamath the great: then go down to Gath of thd Philistines: be they better than these kingdoms? Or their border than your border?
3 "Ye that put far away the evil day, and cause the seat of violence to come near"

It depicts of the Israel being IDLE hence they were defeated.

verse 7 "Therefore now shall they go captive with the first that go captive , and the banquet of them that stretched themselves shall be removed.

The whole chapter was not about worshipping God but idleness, merryment and just being happy-go-lucky in general that resulted in their captivity.
That real verse shows how the Lord wasn't in what David had invented.
Hello Mark,
I know we should worship God in a reverent attitude but does it mean it should only be in a very solemn manner? And I came across this text in John 4:23-24
23 "But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
24 "God is Spirit: and they that worship him must worship Him in Spirit and truth"
it just says what should be in our hearts and our goal while worshipping Him it doesn't we say shouldn't use 'other instrument' or we can't dance.

Or if i'm missing something kindly explain :)
Thanks.
Take not worshiping in Spirit and in Truth...
The worship which is made up of dancing, instruments allover the place sounding beyond the words, I am sure is meant to cloud the message, appease people, stimulate the brain but in reality not uplifting the soul to heavenly realms.

Music instruments are not denied in worship but they should be handled in a skillful manner. I have passed by churches were they claim they are worshiping and all i can hear is noise as if people are shouting and strong drums from the band.

Now realize that when you are worshiping God the Almighty the mode of worship is written in the bible, Holy, Holy, Holy is the God Almighty...
You can't dance, jump up and down infront of a being worthy of worship. Worship is to show reverence.

It is NOT written anywhere in the bible that the song of the lamb, the song of moses, that there are drums, but the bible mentions stringed instruments.
Realize also that the bible doesn't record the 24 elders, angels dancing...Oh My loving God...this is so sweet, If you study the bible it says

And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.
And they sang a new song:
You are worthy to take the scroll and to open its seals, because you were slain, and with your blood you purchased men for God from every tribe and language and people and nation.

And I saw what looked like a sea of glass mixed with fire and, standing beside the sea, those who had been victorious over the beast and his image and over the number of his name. They held harps given them by God

And I heard a sound from heaven like the roar of rushing waters and like a loud peal of thunder. The sound I heard was like that of harpists playing their harps.
Rev. 5:11; 15:2; 14:2 NIV
Let's praise God and be LOUD about it ...
Yeah you can do that with church hymns. They have that extra tough which kept the church going and strong during the dark ages.

The line of demarcation between the remnant church and other counterfeit churches (Note we condemn the system not people).

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service