I'm looking for a recipe for browning Tofu.other products. I want it to look like hamburger., it would be nice if it tasted like the real deal, lol.
Thank you :-)
Im not sure if we can make tofu look like hamburger but you might be able to use gluten and grind it up, then make it like hamburger patties with eggs or something to hold them together. Now if your really wanting tofu, then you might mix cut up mushrooms with it along with onions and peppers.
Something I did with my gluten to add a new taste in my gluten is buy some big franks and then use the liquid in the big franks to soak the gluten for 2 days then cook it. Its really good. Mushrooms are pretty close to burger. have you tried gluten or mushrooms to use as a burger?
Have you ever tried making seitan using vital wheat gluten? these are easy and can be seasoned many diffrent ways. Personally I prefer black bean burgers because they are super easy and freeze well. When I first started phasing meat from my diet I was also searching for replacements. The vegetarian burger patties you find in the stores are costly and not all that good in my opinion. The thing to remember is that no matter what, Gluten, beans or wahtever is never going to taste like hamburger.
Vegan Taco Meat
1 cup Raw Almonds
1 cup Raw Carrots
1 ½ cups soaked sun-dried Tomatoes
2 cups Water
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
¼ cup Tamari
1 clove Garlic
½ chopped Red Onion
4 tablespoons fresh Oregano
1 teaspoon Chili
2 tablespoons Cumin
1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tablespoon Agave Nectar
2 tablespoons Cayenne Pepper
¼ cup chopped Red Pepper
1-2 cups of soaking water from sun-dried Tomatoes
1. Soak Almonds for 8-12 hours. Rinse well.
2. Take Almonds and put through food processor until pulverized into medium small pieces and place in bowl.
3. Take Carrots and put through food processor until medium small.
4. Place in same bowl with and set aside.
5. Combine all other ingredients in food processor and process until a medium thickness.
6. Add to Carrot and Almond mixture. Mix well.
7. Chop ½ Onion and ¼ Red Pepper by hand, add mixture and mix well. Optional: Celery, Cilantro.
8. Chill and serve.
Play the Cayenne Pepper a bit up or down depending on how spicy you like things.