Adventist Online

CELL PHONES vs. THE BIBLE

Ever wondered what would happen if we treated our Bible like we treat our cell phones.

What if we carried it (The BIBLE) around in our purse or pocket?

What if we flipped through it (The BIBLE) several times a day?

What if we turned back to get it (The BIBLE) and forgot it?

What if we used it (The BIBLE) to receive messages from the text?

What if we treated it (The BIBLE) like we couldn’t live without it?

What if we gave it (The BIBLE) to kids as gifts?

What if we took it (The BIBLE) with us when we traveled?

What if we used it (The BIBLE) in case of an emergency?

This is something to make US & THEM say…hmm…where’s my BIBLE?

One more thing: Unlike our cell phones today, we don’t have to worry about our BIBLE being disconnected because JESUS has already paid the Bill. AMEN........& And no dropped calls!

This should make us stop and think about it (The BIBLE)and “where are our priorities today?”

Pass this List on to everyone you know that has a cell phone & are Serious about their Salvation.
- Author Unknown

The BIBLE in the Home, Child Guidance

The BIBLE Is a Versatile Book.--In its wide range of style and subjects, the BIBLE has something to interest every mind and appeal to every heart. In its pages are found history the most ancient; biography the truest to life; principles of government for the control of the state, for the regulation of the household--principles that human wisdom has never equaled. It contains philosophy the most profound; poetry the sweetest and the most sublime, the most impassioned and the most pathetic. Immeasurably superior in value to the productions of any human author are the BIBLE writings, even when thus considered; but of infinitely wider scope, of infinitely greater value, are they when viewed in their relation to the grand central thought. Viewed in the light of this thought, every topic has a new significance. In the most simply stated truths are involved principles that are as high as heaven and that compass eternity. {CG 505.1}
The Word of GOD abounds in precious jewels of truth, and parents should bring them forth from their casket and present them before their children in their true luster. . . . In the Word of GOD you have a TREASURE HOUSE from which you may draw precious stores, and as CHRISTIANS you should furnish yourselves for every good work. {CG 505.2}

Ellen G. White

Views: 73

Replies to This Discussion

Agreed
I have just gotten on this discussion. I dont claim to be smart, but everything you said about cell phones, vurses the Bible is so true and well said. We are so ashamed to pull our bibles out of our purses, pockets, etc. and read them while waiting on an appoitment, but well pull out our cell phones to call a friend and talk about anything except the Lord, because someone just might hear us. Im afraid that I too dont carry a little pocket bible with me, but after your article I think I will start. Something that put me to shame was the other day I was sitting in the Drs. office and I noticed a gentlemen of about in his early 30s I think, he picked up the bible on the table and began to read. His wife was talking and he just kept reading. I was so impressed to see a young person like that reading the bible with a waiting room full of people. Yes we need as adventist, to start careing more about our Bibles and less about who to talk to on our cell phones. We need to make a stand and not be ashamed of our bibles in public, we arent ashamed to talk to friends about things that God even disaproves of in public. Good point thank you I never thought of that before.
I mine not bring my bible but other books that tell about my wonderful god
yes...that's true
I don't with my too much, but am going to start doing that,I love the post above it really a eye opener..............Thank you for opening our eyes.

These days you can have your bible on your phone!!! So we can carry it around in our pockets/bags.

This is a wonderfully expressed thought. I guess I am an oddball. I DON"T carry a cell phone with me! I refuse to be tethered to this world. I don't carry a Bible either but I contemplate its words and quote memorized scripture to myself every hour of the day. Whenever I have time (and I reserve a lot of time) to study and read the Bible is my first choice, second choice, third choice, ... Then I read some EGW also... Then the words of others who share their thoughts about what the Bible says.

This is awesome! and soooooooooooooooo relevant! An article that should be taken very serious...Thank you!

For some persons however, the cell phone may not be what takes the place of the Bible; but we all need to search ourselves and find out what that LITTLE thing is that may become a BIG blockage/veil to our eyes causing us to become blind to the fact that we need to pay more attention to the Word of God 

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2014   Created by Clark P.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service