Adventist Online

It is the False Prophet who cries, “Peace, peace,” when the Lord has not spoken peace. The message of the false prophet is more popular. They do not have to stand alone, as did Jeremiah and the other true prophets. We have to be ready to stand alone for God’s Truth!

In 1888, Mrs. White wrote: “It does not seem possible to us now that any should have to stand alone; but if God has ever spoken by me, the time will come when we shall be brought before councils and before thousands for his name’s sake, and each one will have to give the reason of his faith.” Review and Herald, December 18, 1888.

Are we ready to appear before councils, before thousands, for Jesus’ sake and to stand completely alone, giving the reasons why you believe what you believe?

Mrs. White wrote, in 1893: “Many will have to stand in the legislative courts; some will have to stand before kings and before the learned of the earth, to answer for their faith. Those who have only a superficial understanding of truth will not be able clearly to expound the Scriptures, and give definite reasons for their faith. They will become confused, and will not be workmen that need not to be ashamed. Let no one imagine that he has no need to study, because he is not to preach in the sacred desk. You know not what God may require of you.” Ibid., February 14, 1893.

Are we ready to stand alone and to give our Testimony? Know that you will never actually be alone. The ANGELS of GOD will always be with you, but from a human point of view, with your natural sight, you may not be able to visibly see anyone with you.

Views: 32

Replies to This Discussion

excellent message em, we need to exhort the brethren ton to study dligently. Now is the time. We must be also ready to recieve the seal of God.
I find it unsettling when I see how we are so reluctant to "stand alone" as a peculiar people with a God given message to the world. We compromise on so many things, and individuals who stand up for God are regarded as fanatics. It really pains me to see the level to which we stoop to blend in with the world and sometimes I feel like Jeremiah. Please let us study........."study to show ourselves approved unto God", because for many of us it just might be too late. Scriptures tell us a time is coming that there will be a famine, not for bread and water but the Word of God. May God help us so that we will indeed be able to stand alone, standing on His word.
This is so true, I have been Adventist for the majority of my "thinking" life and I cannot fully defend my beliefs giving biblical basis for each, I know it is there, I just don't know where to find all of it. And this is for common conversations, most of us "younger" generation tend to think there is time to study later on in life, and we keep postponing our study for a tomorrow that for many may not come.Nicely said Em Murr, it is time to stand up, study and learn what our Lord has left for us.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service