Adventist Online

The hymnal is another source of comfort, praise, prayer and encouragement. Many people have joined the church through the music ministries.
Music inspires, soothes pain, strengthens,encourages and also can heal broken hearts.
I would like you friends to share with us some of your favorite hymns and let us know why that song means so much to you.

Views: 223

Replies to This Discussion

yea i agree with you Spar....I'd sing this every day
Hmmm, I love "It is well with my soul" or otherwise known as "when peace like a river"....

And of course, the other one is "It's not an easy road"...

Another one is, "Search Me Oh God"....

I truly love these songs..;-) and thanks God for He has given me and us all these songs...;-)
IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll-
Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say,
It is well, it is well with my soul.

Refrain
It is well (It is well)
With my soul (with my soul)
It is well, it is well with my soul.

My sin- O the joy of this glorious thought-
My sin, not in part, but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more:
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

And, Lord, haste the day
when my faith shall be sight,
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll:
The trump shall resound
and the Lord shall descend,
"Even so"- it is well with my soul.
Here in Brazil, we have a good composition by Arautos do Rei called - " O céu é Jesus" (Jesus is the heaven).
But I have one hymm that I love so much called in portuguese: "O que Penso do Meu Mestre" (No One Cared for Me Like Jesus) Brazilian hymnal number 122.

Can I share more?
----> "Quero estar ao Pé da Cruz" number 191 of brazilian hymnal (Near the Cross)
----> "Jesus tu és a minha vida" Brazilian hymn by Williams Soares Costa Jr. (1951 - )
Thanks for sharing Susan...Yes Jesus is all the world to me too.
God bless!!
How GREAT thou art. It speeks for its self. How GREAT our GOD is ! The GREAT love he has for us. He forgives our sins,our imperfections. WE ALL hung his Wonderful son on the cross. We daily crucify him ib words and deeds yet, he forgives us over and over. How GREAT thou art O lord and God ! I so much love YOU ! Each penny I bend and pick up each and every day IS a blessing. I thank God,give thanks to the trinity in Jesus name. WE have a GREAT GOD !!!!
There are so many inspiring songs and one of them is 524. I like the words of this song. It makes me to trust in God more whenever I feel down especially  with my illness. The words of this song encourages and cheers me up when I'm down I don't need to worry but to put my trust in God and He will see me through.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service