What Site Greeters Do
First of all, thank you so much for your efforts in making Adventist Online a friendly and welcoming place for all Adventists, past, present, and future. :-)
Our goals as greeters are:
1) Spread Christ's love to all new members that join this site. (Note: When you click on the "Members" tab, the members are listed in the order they joined with the most recent listed first. So the person at the top left is the newest member.)
2) Make sure everyone that joins knows how to use the site. For example: Did they know...
a) By adding people as your friend, you will now be able to private message them instead of just leaving comments on their page.
b) By adding people as your friend, you will now be able to see their complete profile and all their pictures.
3) Ask them to write to you with any questions they might have.
4) Show them how to invite their friends (more people on the site is better for everyone!)
5) Spread Christ's love to all that join this site. ;-)
How do we do that? Two simple things... When someone joins, simply greet them with a comment on their page and add them as your friend. Be yourself with your messages! God will lead with what words will reach that person. (We don't want all us greeters to be saying the exact same thing!) Note: If you don't feel comfortable greeting any certain individual... you don't have to. Someone else will greet them. You can (if you wish) identify yourself as a greeter for the site.
It is also important for Greeters to be good examples on Adventist Online. So fill out your profile completely, add photos, start and participate in discussions in the forums, etc. etc.
Don't hesitate to ask any questions or give suggestions about greeting in the discussion forum below.