Adventist Online

Recently I have read that Pope is the beast which was wrote in the book of Daniel and Revelation. Do you guys have any evidence of this?

Views: 27

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the group Boyon and thank you for this good question.
Just to rephrase it: Who is the beast written in the book of Revelation and Daniel.

To know and understand this, here are the steps:

1. Read Daniel chapter 2 - The Great Image of Daniel 2.
You will especially need to understand about the kingdoms of the world starting from that Time Nebuchadnezzar's dream to Now.

2. Read Daniel Chapter 7 - Similar vision like that of Daniel 2 except different images are used, the lion, the bear, the leopard like, and the 7 headed "dragon" like beast.

3. Read Revelation Chapter 13.

About Daniel 2:

When Daniel had the dream, Babylon was ruling the then known world. After Babylon, Medo-Persia ruled the universe, later Greece ruled the world and later came Rome. This Rome is where the present day Vatican is and that is how it unfolds. That is just the big picture.

Now read Daniel Chapter 2 and when you are done, we shall start studying together Boyon, probably someone might contribute in this forum and we shall learn together.
First of all the Bible says that the beast is a country, and the whore is the woman who sits on the beast. The woman represents the church. (The bride of Christ) The whore represents a church which worships false gods. (The catholic church) The bible teaches that the man of sin is the son of perdition. This man of sin is referring to the Pope. The Pope is not therefore the beast, but the Pope is rather what the Bible referres to as the Antichrist.

Notice that the Present Pope is the 7th Pope since the re-institution of a Papal national jurisdiction since the dethroning of the Pope in 1789. Some believe that the current Pope is the final Pope, and they have very good reason to believe so. Ratzinger (I'm not sure how to spell his name) held the title of Chief Inquisitor General, because the Catholic church is continueing office and execution of the inquisition, it is simply dormant at this time and will be revitalized in the near future. He is really a servant of the Black Pope. The Black Pope is the true "Behind the scenes" leader of the Catholic Church. If you want to know what the Black Pope is, just do a search on the internet, and you will find out. Nevertheless, I will tell you this much. The Black Pope is the leader of the Jesuit organization. the Black Pope is also know as the Jesuit General.

We don't just have "any evidence," but there are many scriptures that prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the iron beast spoken of by both Daniel and in the book of Revelations (which is not really the title of that book, but it is what the book is most commonly referred to as) is the Catholic Church. We also must observe history and current events in order to interpret scriptures.

It is late now, and I don't have time to dig up the scriptures that support what I am saying, but I will in the near future.
Now I will give you the scriptures that support what I am saying. I will show you where the Bible says that the beast is a country. First of all, I must correct myself. The beast really has more than one definition. The beast does refer to the Antichrist, the country which is know as Vatican city, and satan himself. Lets Look at The book of Revelation chapter 16 verse 10:

Revelation 16-10 And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain,

Here the Bible says that the angel poured out his vial on the seat of the beast. The seat refers to not only a location, but also authority which the beast usurps. The true kingdom of the nations of the world belongs to Jesus Christ, but when Satan succeeded in causing man to fall, he wrenched the kingdom, or co-regency which man held with Christ from man. See Daniel Chapter 2: 21 and 22 See also Romans 6:16 See also The Desire of Ages page 61.

Daniel: 2-20Daniel answered and said, Blessed be the name of God for ever and ever: for wisdom and might are his:

21And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:

This is also a key to understanding the beast. It says that God "chageth the times." This verse interprets the meaning of changing the times. The verse shows that changing times is tantamount to setting up kings and removing kings. This is the thing which satan has tried to do for centuries. Satan likes and wants to take the place of God, and therefore, he tries to do the things that God claims as His dominion.

When God allows satan, satan will also affect the whether. In so doing, he will be seeking to change the seasons.

Throughout the dark ages up to 1798 the Catholic church ruled mightily across Europe and other continents to some degree, and no king was allowed to prosper unless they swore allegiance to the Pope. This ended when Napoleon's general sacked Rome and took the Pope captive in 1798. The Pope is now attempting to do also the same thing and it is evident in the fact that George Bush went to the Vatican, bowed to his knee and kissed the Pope's ring. Although many can say this didn't really mean anything, the US is the superpower of the world today, and the leader's gesture of submission is symbolic and greatly significant in the eyes of the worlds leaders.

Daniel 7:25And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

Here in Daniel 7:25, the Bible says that the beast will think to change times and laws. Many Adventists believe that the changing times part refers to the Sabbath, because the Sabbath is a time law, but I do not agree. I am convince that it is referring to the removing and setting up of kings and denoted in Daniel: 2-21 If someone can give me a scriptural reference or Ellen White quote which shows the contrary, I would like to see it.

Daniel 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

Seeking to change laws is obvious. The laws of man change and evolve continually, and there is no consequence, but the laws of man are obviously based on the law of God. Notice that laws is plural. The Catholic church has sought to change the law of God. First of all, it has attempted to eliminate the second commandment which is in Exodus 20 verse 4-5
Exodus 20 4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Otherwise, how could they worship statues of Mary and the other saints.

Also it was the Catholic church which changed the Sabbath from what we know as saturday, to sunday. For a comprehensive study on how the church changed the law of God, read the Great Controversy by Ellen White. Therefore, the Catholic church has sought to change more than one law of God's, or laws; plural.

Now as for wearing out the saints in reference to Daniel 7:25, no organization or nation has ever persecuted the true church of Jesus Christ more than the Catholic church. It is estimated that the Catholic church burned at the steak, beheaded and murdered 200 million Christians.

Daniel 7:25And he shall speak great words against the most High. In seeking to change the law of God, the beast is exerting his authority. Authority is established through laws, and the law giver holds the authority. A nations speaks through it's laws, and the nation of the Vatican city is speaking great words against the most high both by changing the laws, and by removing and setting up kings, Therefore the Pope is claiming the authority of God. This is also accomplished by the Pope's claim to have the authority to forgive sins. The Bible shows that to claim to forgive sins was tantamount to claiming to be God. See Matthew 9:2-3
Matthew 9:2 And, behold, they brought to him a man sick of the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good cheer;
thy sins be forgiven thee.

3And, behold, certain of the scribes said within themselves, This man blasphemeth.

Before I finish with this entry, I am going to establish some principals of Bible study. First of all, the reason that I believe that changing times refers to removing and setting up kings is because of three Bible passages of which one of the good Country Doc refers to on the first page of the Mark of the Beast group. That scripture is 2Peter 1:19-21
19We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

20Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

21For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

What Peter is pointing out is that the Prophesy of the Holy men of God which came in ancient time is a sure word, even a more sure word. That is to say that since the Word of God came to the Holy men of God in ancient times past, we can rely on the fact that it is true and certain. See Daniel 8:26 and 12:7 We can only interpret prophesy through scriptures, and the meaning of changing the times must be derived from those very same keyword in other parts of scripture which will be pointed out in Isaiah 28:9-10

The second scripture by which the Bible establishes the interpretation of the Bible is 1 Corinthians 14:32-33
32And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.

33For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

God is not the author of confusion, and Paul is showing that the Prophesies will line up with each other, and the prophets will not contradict one another. When the Prophesies seem to contradict, it is not that the prophets have contradicted each other, but that we must study more deeply in order to understand what is happening. No man can interpret the Bible without the Holy spirit, and only by the will of God can the mysteries of the Bible be revealed. God willed to reveal the mysteries of the Bible to two men in the early 19th century, but since these men did not heed the call, they were passed by, and then the Lord chose to use his servant Ellen White to reveal the signs of the times to His children.

The final scripture that I want to use to demonstrate how the Bible teaches its own interpretation is Isaiah 28:9-10. These are not the only scriptures that reveal how the Bible is interpreted, but with these three, I will conclude this reply on the role which the Pope plays in end time prophesy and how the Bible is interpreted. If anyone desires to contribute to any part of this message, it will be greatly welcomed.

Isaiah 28: 9-10h 9Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.

10For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

Once again this scripture shows that the mature student of doctrine who has been weened from the milk of the word will use Bible references to interpret the Word of God. It seems plainly evident that the Bible says that to understand scripture, we must compare scripture with scripture, line upon line. Furthermore, it shows that the Bible contains precepts or rules that can be established, and in order to gain a correct interpretation, one must view all scriptures in the context of the precepts and/or rules that have been established about God, prophesy and evil.

With that I conclude this entry. If anyone has questions or contributions, please ask and/or contribute to the discussion.

Note that our brother in Christ, "Country Doc," has given a real good introduction to what the mark of the beast is on the first page of the Mark of the Beast Group.

God bless
Your brother in Christ
California Paul
P.S. I just wanted to add a post script. What I have presented does not even fully explain Daniel 7:25. There is more. My presentation does not explain the time, times and half a time. That is another subject that could easily turn into a book, as the Country Doc puts it. Actually what I have presented is just an introduction to what could easily become a book and I have only scratched the surface. I have only used one reference from Ellen White which is Desire of Ages page 61 paragraph 5 or 6. I have not used Ellen White particularly because some people don't believe that Ellen White is a prophet or necessary, but I believe that Ellen White is a prophet and her writing are necessary, otherwise, why would the Lord have given her inspiration. Nevertheless, I used strictly Bible, because, in all actuality, all the writings of Ellen White are based on, and can be proven from the Bible, and I wanted to present a special part of the ADVENTIST message strictly through the Bible, since the Adventist message is based on the Bible.

In the future, I will of course expand on this study.
God bless
Boyon, here is some good Bible study links if you like:

http://www.amazingfacts.org/ (Great worldwide ministry, tons of good resources)
http://www.bibleuniverse.com/bible-school.aspx
http://studies.bibleinfo.com/discover/start.php A

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com