Adventist Online

when coming to God in prayer, once in a while lets refrain from giving him the list of requests. Instead lets simply bring him the gift of our gratitude and love. we may be sure that nothing pleases our father than our sincere thanksgiving.

Views: 56

Replies to This Discussion

I totally agree, giving thanks is of great magnitude as a matter of fact the fact that one is living and can kneel down to call upon God is sure proof that He/She needs to give thanks.

• Ezra 3:11 NIV And they sang responsively, praising and giving thanks to the LORD: “For He is good, For His mercy endures forever toward Israel.”
  • Eph. 5:20 NIV giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ
    Col. 3:17 NIV

And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.
  • I Tim 2:1 NIV Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men,
  • Heb. 13:15 KJV Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name.

Thanks Mwana gwe for that reply. I pray that we take these lessons at heart and apply them to our daily life.
what are you grateful for Joseph?
According to my Christian upbringing, my (our) purpose on earth is to glorify God.
If done in sincerity, you absolutely will feel closer to God because you will know that your efforts are pleasing to him. Whether you are at home, at work, or at play, there are ways for you to glorify God.
we can make giving thanks a regular habit by;

1.Make a list of things that are worthy of praising, such as a warm day, beautiful flowers or the laughter of a child , spouse or friend.Compiling a daily list trains your mind to look for positive things in your world.

2.Sing a praise-filled hymn. Whether it's a traditional hymn or a contemporary gospel song, giving praise through music is pleasing to God.

3.Close your eyes and give praise for the life you live. With all of the challenges you face and the heartache you suffer, there are good things in your life that are worthy of praise. Take a moment to give thanks for those things. It will soothe you.

4.Give praise to God through daily prayer. Taking the time to formally pray helps you to reaffirm your relationship with God.

.5Search for daily devotionals. Reading daily devotionals is another way to give praise and be thankful while making time to accept God in your life every day.

If we deeply think of the blessings and benefits we get from thanksgiving and praising we then cant risk missing a day without thanking God instead we would make it part of us just as some of us make our cellphones and laptops part of us
Be blessed .
That's very true!

I have a disease and need healing the laptop is eating my life day after day, Lord Have Mercy!

Wow great list given by Susan, Giving thanks in ALL things that's incredible. Amen to that. Blessings to Us ALL

cast that burden unto Jesus he is more than ready to take it away. You have to do something about it then.
dear friends since we know now of Joseph`s diagnosis please how can we help him out from that deadly laptop disease. hehehe
I think Joseph isnt alone I too have an addiction problem am addicted to my phone and sometimes I call it my baby. I too need help, other wise my phone is eating me up.
Definitely it's worth mentioning, I need deliverance!!!

But should I say we should give thanks for my disease? Although sometimes I don't get work done because of net addiction. Probably It also calls for prayer Amen?

But I think the Internet is affecting a lot of people, and sometimes we fail to give thanks to the Lord by spending time in studying God's word but instead much of our time is spent on the Internet. So should we say it's a devil's trap to obscure our view of Christ?
Being addicted to the internet is as easy as smiling when you are happy.
whatever stuff we use the internet for isnt hidden behind God`s understanding. The bible tells us in I corinthians 10:31."................ or whatever you do,do everything for the glory of God."
If we use the internet for very good and unselfish reasons I personally dont think its a problem.
we should also remember that God holds us accountable on the way we use or spend our time and we should be ready to give that accountability one day before the almighty.

Internet Addiction comes with a package as well and those are the medical side effects and we all know them ie. It may affect our sight and the spinal cord to mention but a few.

Lets use it wisely brethrens.
You are something Susan.
Hm mm Thanks for the good advise. Little by little I will balance my daily agenda and chores because definitely I cant stand before God and fail to account for my time. I need you prayers I know it will take some time but by God`s grace njakuwangula.
The way I got addicted to the PC is through school. From undergrad through to postgrad my school work, projects, research somehow I have to use a PC and I have to sit on a pc for 6+ hours. So doing that for 5+ years, I got addicted!

Susan oba nimba? What do you think is my problem? Ate ndi maaso ana!
H mm Joseph your problem is already known as Internet Addiction and its a very deadly disease which needs immediate attention otherwise it will destroy you.
The good news is that it has a remedy and the only person who can help you over come it is Jesus the great physician. we have that privilege, don't worry about medical insurance, Its free of charge, Jesus himself paid for it all at the cross.
My job is to direct you to him.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by