Adventist Online

i hav a serious problem with that christmas thing. was Jesus born on Christmas and should we as adventist celibrate it? my point is that He did not born on dat day.

Views: 122

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

WOW .... i like your interest and i believe that a lot of ppl have wondered the same thing and have been unwilling to ask about it...... this is how i see it .. christmas is a pagan holiday and m pretty sure it came out of the catholic church.... and if we look at the celebration activities it really has nothing to do with GOD whatsoever.... i can tell you because in my country christmas is a time when ppl drink the most alchohol they can find..... Jesus was not born on that day and we as seventh-day adventists should have no part with paganism..... so i strongly believe we should stay as far from christmas celebrations as possible .....GOD BLESS....
well ... i do agree that christmas is a pagan holiday.... one thing we should do though as adventists is to emulate the spirit of giving at such a tym... tho not just on christmas but even all year round
i love u pple points. i neva read no wher in The Bible dat it was Snowin durin da time of da birth OF JESUS. Imagin the the Bible say da sherperds wer watchin their sheap
The Bible states very clearly that the one season of the year in which Christ could not have been born was winter. As has been referred to already it comes directly from pagan practices which date back to Tammuz, the first pagan "messiah". The Catholic church adopted many pagan practices wholesale into the church to allow pagans to "feel at home" in the church, "baptised paganism" as it was referred to by one church historian.

However, at that time of year the whole world is pointed towards the birth of the real Messiah. I recall spending the Christmas season in Thailand, a Buddhist country, and being amazed that everyone, especially the youth, was celebrating - complete with fake snow, Santa Claus, Christmas trees, cards & gifts!

EGW tells us that rather than ignore the time we should use it to the fullness as many people that would not normally be receptive to the Gospel are open to talking about Christ. So, use the time to witness by giving wholesome gifts that point people to Christ and see what the Holy Spirit will do.
Well my friend, if you take careful note now, people no longer seem to even bother with Christ birth anymore - Christmas to them is more about pleasure, drinking and partying. It is really a pagan thing and yes a number of facts indicate that He was not born on that actual day. Here's what: as Christian we should celebrate Christ's birth, death and resurrection on a daily basis and look forward to His return. The world is glad and business persons love that time because they benefit but we are looking forward to a happier time when He shall return in all his power and glory.
i personally know where u are coming from. firstly, christ was not born on christmas day. also i can say that it is a pagan festival and one should not wait until a specific day to give God praise or to have a big celebration we should apply and celebrate christ every day in our lives.
there is also a verse in the bible which spoke againt the christmas tree not sure where it was taken.
I am in agreement with all responses. I must add my 2cents. I do not believe that Jesus was born on Christmas day, however I LOVE Christmas. While it is not the only day to show others that you care e.t.c. but certainly it shows that people around the world take time to acknowlede that Christ was born.

This is interesting as people would say Adventist don't celebrate Christmas! From what I have seen to some extent this is not totally true as we have Christmas programs centered around the birth of Christ. I am aware of a at least 2 churches that put up christmas trees, last year we had a skit that involved a christmas tree.

I believe we take special time to acknowlege that He was born, without all the drinking, partying and gluttony. I was not born into an Adventist home and love the warm loving feeling that the time of year brings, and still do today as an aspiring adult. I would always LOVE that time of year.
No one can escape the fact that Christmas is a pagan tradition that dates back to the days of Nimrod.The Devil used it as a tool to take attention off of the real Messiah.Christians should have absolutely nothing to do with that festival.It is worldliness creeping into our churches and is going to be an end-time issue.

This is the story as best as I can tell it:There was a mighty king by the name of Nimrod who was regarded and worshipped as a god.He is best known for building the Tower of Babel and his title was Pontifex Maiximus. His kingdom as many to follow would worshipped the astrological gods,with the greatest god being the sun.Nimrod had a wife,and for their entire marriage they had no children.When Nimrod died the people worshipped his wife.She got pregnant after Nimrod's death (obviously from some other man she was shacking up with) and claimed that it was Nimrod who impregnated her through his spirit through the power of the sun.And that this siprit came upon her and gave her a child of promise.She also claimed to be a virgin,and that she had a virgin birth of the "promised Messiah".The child was born on December 25th and named the child Tammuz.

In the book of begginings the Bible identifies this Nimrod character as a real living king and his kingdom as well.It also identifies Tammuz as a real living person.In fact in the end-times when the judgements are to be poured out on God's people this "association with Tammuz" is one of the abominations that drives God to punish His people.
Ezekiel chapters 8 and 9 are not speaking of literal Israel and literal sun worship,but spiritual Israel and their involvement with spiritual sun worship.There listed amongst the abominations that lead to the final desolation of this planet is also the worshipping of Tammuz.(Ezekiel 8:14).

The theology of Tammuz might have taken on different forms and given different names over the ages but one thing is clear.One thing is clear,God isn't very fond of that whole Tammuz celebration founded in Babel.
hi jeremy blessings to u from our lord

thanks for sharing such information with the site i've being a sda all my life and that story with tammuz i never heard of it.
Christmas Observance and Christmas Gifts.

While to a multitude of Christmas-observers, Christ means scarcely more than any ordinary man of fame, to an even greater Christmas-observing multitude of "not-at-all-Christians," He is but a storied figure by which to conjure holiday revelry; although they meaninglessly lip His name in conventional acknowledgment of the supposed origin of the religious occasion of the season! Thus to many, like a light in the darkness, stands out the fact that Christmas is not, in reality, observed
to the honor of the Saviour, but to the glorification of a heathen custom and to the gratification of the carnal heart. Consequently, "altogether-Christians" cannot therefore consistently participate in celebrating the Christmas myth.

Jeremiah, looking forward to this time of apostasy, says: "Thus saith the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them. For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe. They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not." (Jer. 10:2-4.) Though the Word declares, "Learn not the ways of the heathen," professed ministers of the gospel will cut a tree from the forest and deck it with silver and gold, then dare call it by the name of Christ -- Christmas tree. What greater blasphemy can one do? Are ministers and religious teachers ignorant of these things? Jesus said, "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth."

And the traditional gift-exchanging which is part and parcel of the spirit of Christmas observance, is a jealousy-breeding custom, all too often only cankering the receiver's heart and emptying the buyer's pocketbook. Thus while it goads one multitude to display of pride, even luring them into revelry, debauchery, and immorality, it drives another, the multitude of poor, either to envy or discouragement, or to both, also not infrequently to despair, and sometimes to insanity -- even to committing murder and suicide.

The whole Christmas institution consequently being but a species of heathen worship that is demoralizing the nations, the Lord's servants will invariably shun the exchanging of Christmas gifts, shun the evil attendant upon the occasion's pretentious spirit and spurious humanitarianism. Christians cannot, indeed, take part in its unholy traffic of gift-trading and reveling, and at the same time be "altogether-Christians."

"Who would not fear Thee, O king of nations? for to Thee doth it appertain.... They are vanity, and the work of errors: in the time of their visitation they shall perish. For the pastors are become brutish, and have not sought the Lord: therefore they shall not prosper, and all their flocks shall be scattered." Jer. 10:7, 15, 21.

The focus of Christ coming was not His birth, but His death and resurrection. If He wanted us to celebrate his birth He would have ensured that the day is documented for His children. Nevertheless, the spirit of Prophecy admonishes us to take the opportunity to give gifts that point to Christ so that we do not waste the opportunity to witness to others.Christmas is also about buying and selling or consumerism. We have to be careful that we do not get entangled and use the Lord's money unwisely. Of course, if certain items are cheaper at that time of the year than other times, why not wait and buy them at Christmas time, once you need them. God Bless Always!

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2021   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service