Adventist Online

goodmorning to you ppl out there im a member of the adventist church ,a friend of mine has a problem of always thinking about sex.plz help.

Views: 145

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The very phrase like "crave for sex" is of course wrong on even married couples. When spiritual thought are empty in our minds, the pleasure seed of craving crepts in.....Craving is a verb ever growing...you nourish. cherish, it will turn to a habitual craving. Starving it is difficult unless spritual thing are brought into sense...

Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. For it is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret. But everything exposed by the light becomes visible, for it is light that makes everything visible. This is why it is said: "Wake up, O sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you."

Ephesians 5:11-14 (New International Version)
hi the problem is my friend is an adventist and she knows the truth ,she is not married and she is single.
If you try to solve the "crave for sex", you may not be successful because the pleasure is like ...Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour 1 Peter 5:8. Rather bring your friend nearer to Jesus and forget the "crave for sex" problem. Daily prayers and devotional will fill the conviction into one's mind. In the spiritual battle one will loose out...it depends on faith and the working of the Holy Spirit......No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other......Matthew 6:24

May God bless your friend with a closer relationship with Him that careth all souls....
Desiring sex is normal, but it's your response to that desire that has to be examined a little closer. God put the desire in us so we will naturally have it. If your friend is indulging in sexual activity outside of marriage then there is a problem. If she cannot control her desires then she might be in trouble. If she has formed a habit of indulging which leads to this craving then she has to make a decision to change.

Sexual cravings are controllable but not necessarily by human will. Only God can give her the strength to control her cravings or change if that is what she wants. She has to make a decision and a commitment to herself and to God for this change to be made. God can only do what we allow Him to do.

Our natural human physical desires are not bad, they just are. It's like saying craving food when you are hungry is bad. Of course intemperance and being out of control is sinful and can be changed with God's help.

In Christ,
Samantha
Blue Serenity Ink
Business and Web Writing

Blogs
Rich Single Momma
Single Moms Rock

Network
Single Moms Rockin
It's likely your friend needs to find a good Christian man and get married. However, if a person is simply hungering for sex, that may not be the solution, either. Her desires would probably lead her into adultery if she is not in a close relationship with Christ and does not allow God to deal with her thoughts and feelings. Have her study and pray about Romans 5 to 8; 1 John 3: 1-10; 1 Cor. 6: 9-11; 2 Peter 1; and Galatians 5.
Sex is a need for Human survivebility and existence. Sex is A Gift from God and a sacred activity for human beings. if man cease to need for sex, then there shall be no next generation for human beings..... there should have been no great people of the past existed to Master all the feilds of Human prowess that we continue today...

Need for Sex is Nature and Normal !.....but,"Crave" for Sex is Sin!...
From 9 Lies Women Tell Themselves About Men

Lie #7: It’s normal for him to pressure me for sex. That’s just how men are.
True godly men live to please God and not their own selfish desires. They honor women as the treasure they are, treating them with absolute purity as Jesus would have done. They care more about the purity of their Christian sisters than a quick thrill for the moment. Sex before marriage is a sin and if a guy is pressuring, he doesn’t care about what God thinks and he doesn’t care about you either.

http://www.adventistreview.org/article.php?id=2061
Hi to all, well our sister might be going through adolescent age and desire for sex is natural either adolescent or adult.

Sex as the word goes is not wrong and not a sin if done the right time (in marriage). Just as we mature we have all these strong feelings, but what we use those feelings for is important such that we don't give the devil a foothold and fall into temptation such as cravings, fantasies, masturbation and even adultery or fornication.

Just like the previous answers she needs to occupy her mind with Godly stuff, study the bible, go for mission where she stays, and not to be idle.
No one should allow their thought be be completely crowded by sex every waking moment, it will cause them to want to commit the act, especially if they are not married.Your friend really need to talk to God one on one and be guided by Him. You too can help your friend by being understanding.There are many pressures in life and sex is one of them.
Even married couples can be affected so both single and married need to focus on the to help over come these sexual thought, that are consuming the mind.
Just a question. Is there a difference between 'needing sex' and craving sex? I am married. Is it wrong for me to 'crave sex' with my wife?

The ultimate expression of love between married couple is the sex itself because it is an act of giving and receiving; an act of merging into one flesh.

In fact Paul says that if you cannot live single 'without craving sex' then it is better for you to be married.

To always think of sex will 'lead you into temptation'.

To think about sex with your married partner is not wrong!

Cheers
Matthew 5:27-28 (can read around too, will get more out of it)
27 “You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ 28 But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

I would say craving in this particular situation can easily lead to lust, and lust= adultery in the heart. This breaks one of the 10 Commandments. Check this out tho,

Micah 7:18-19
18 Who is a God like You,
Pardoning iniquity
And passing over the transgression of the remnant of His heritage?

He does not retain His anger forever,
Because He delights in mercy.
19 He will again have compassion on us,
And will subdue our iniquities.

You will cast all our sins
Into the depths of the sea.

And everyone knows this one..

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2022   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service