Adventist Online

goodmorning to you ppl out there im a member of the adventist church ,a friend of mine has a problem of always thinking about sex.plz help.

Views: 145

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Since God gave us sex ... I see no problem with craving for something God given.
i dont think its a sin having those thoughts. i have had them. i am sure many men have had these battles and blew it.  wether through sleeping with someone or masturbation. i know its got to go. because its not what God wants people to be doing. i am thankful that God is merciful. but what happens if we dont give this over to Jesus before he comes? may God have mercy

For sure Daniel ... we will not be perfect before Jesus comes. But at a moment in the twinkling of an eye ... we will be changed.

1 John 3:2   "Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is."

1 Corin. 15:51   Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 
  15:52   In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

"Like Him. This points to the fulfillment of God's plan for fallen man -- restoration to the divine image...It is God's design to restore that similitude by giving man victory over sin and over every temptation. The restoration will be completed AT THE SECOND COMING." 7 BC 649

"Through the merits of the Redeemer, God accepts the efforts of sinful man in keeping His law, which is holy,just and good" Sons and Daughters of God p. 41

"It is God's design to restore that similitude by giving to man victory over sin and over every temptation. The restoration will be completed at the second coming."  7BC 649

"Perfection now is ours only in Christ, but the ultimate, all-comprehensive transformation of our lives into the image of God will take place at the Second Advent ...
Neither Christlike character traits nor faultess behaviour is the ground of our acceptance with God. Saving righteourness comes from the one righteous Man Jesus and is conveyed to us by the Holy Spirit. We can contribute nothing to Christ's gift of righteousness - we can only receive it. No one other than Christ is righteous; independent human righteousness is only filthy rags. " Seventh-Day Adventists Believe p. 145-6

"If you give yourself to Him, and accept Him as your Saviour, then, sinful as your life may have been, for His sake you are accounted righteous. Christ’s character stands in place of your character, and you are accepted before God just as if you had not sinned."     CSA 30

All we have to do is to pray to God. For Him only can give us the strength to do right. If we have prayed ... our 'work' is complete. It then becomes HIS WORK to  accomplish.

N Him

Our work is as filthy rags.

Only the 'work' that Jesus does has any value.

He does it ALL.

If it doesn't come from Jesus ... it's filthy rags.

Apart from Him ... we can do nothing.

We can't even begin to give our minds to Him unless He gives us the ability.

We can't come to Him unless through Him.

It's all about Him.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2022   Created by Clark P.   Powered by