Adventist Online

Is it wrong for Seventh Day Adventist to wear face powder and jewelry?

Views: 890

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'll add my two mites to the equation.  Lead with the Precious Holy Spirit.  It will guide you into all truth on Jewlry, adornment, and any other truth.  amen.  The texts for this is found in John 16,"However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth, for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak; and He will tell you things to come, Vs. 13.....  All things that the Father has are mine, Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you.  Vs. 15.  Listen to what Dr. Dwight K. Nelson has to say on Jewlry because he is giving a faithful response.  Amen.  Good day or Night.

7 strong points with a two-fold response. I love this world and Adventist Movement Churches.

I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh [himself] with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth [herself] with her jewels.  Isaiah 61:10

“When I passed by you again and saw you, behold, you were at the age for love, and I spread the corner of my garment over you and covered your nakedness; I made my vow to you and entered into a covenant with you, declares the Lord God, and you became mine. Then I bathed you with water and washed off your blood from you and anointed you with oil. I clothed you also with embroidered cloth and shod you with fine leather. I wrapped you in fine linen and covered you with silk. And I adorned you with ornaments and put bracelets on your wrists and a chain on your neck. And I put a ring on your nose and earrings in your ears and a beautiful crown on your head. Ezekiel 16:8-14

I agree what God tells us in the bible about no jewelry or makeup, also I read no wearing what pertains to a man, I take that as women wearing pants which I stopped too. Does this include not dying our hair, right? I always dyed my hair brown, now I am salt and pepper trying to get used to it, as much as I don't like it. So dying hair is against God too right, and wearing pants? Thanks :)

Nothing wrong with natural makeup, especially for those on TV where it is required to avoid looking strange. The camera will quickly pick up dry and oily skin etc.

Now there are pants for males and those for females, they are not the same. Women should not wear what pertains to the man like some lesbians do. When this text was written men didn't wear pants.

The hair should look natural.

Christianity is not a list of dos and don't s ...

Josephine 

I do agree with Jason. You can wear pants as long as the design is for a woman. As for color your hair I believe you can as long as it i a color you find in nature, not those greens, blues, pink, or any other silly color like that.

Josephine

I would advise you to stop trying to make others God in your life. Consult with your maker, he will lead you down the right path. You are no more holy with salt and pepper hair than you are with brown hair. Remember all of this is temporary and your heavenly beauty will be for eternity.

Leon

Okay, thank you :)

As soon as he had seen the nose ring, and the bracelets on his sister's arms, and had heard Rebekah tell what the man said to her, he went out to the man and found him standing by the camels near the spring.

But the father said to his servants, 'Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet.

And I decked thee with ornaments, and I put bracelets upon thy hands, and a chain on thy neck.

And round about the throne [were] four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.

To one who listens, valid criticism is like a gold earring or other gold jewelry.

Thy cheeks are comely with rows [of jewels], thy neck with chains [of gold].

The preponderance of evidence should point the way.

H. Leon Bryan Ed.D.

Leon 

Looking on the surface of those texts yes that is what you will see. As our resident Jesuit one would have thought you would do better than that? 

Someone who would use these texts to support jewelry wearing doesn't know The Bible.

Or some who can't see what is in plain sight may be working with an agenda.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2021   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service