Adventist Online

Please don't make this a smear page, substantiate your stand with facts.
I myself am neither democrat or republican, i am an independent.
An independent may be variously defined as a voter who votes for candidates and issues rather than on the basis of a political ideology or partisanship; a voter who does not have long-standing loyalty to, or identification with, a political party; a voter who does not usually vote for the same political party from election to election; or a voter who self-describes as an independent.
I admire Nelson Mendela.
I like the candidate Bob Barr.
http://www.bobbarr2008.com/issues/

“The president takes an oath to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution,” Barr says. “Fulfilling this promise would be my priority as president. The president’s job is not to run America, or the American economy, or any particular industry. The president’s job is to be the chief executive of the federal government. That job I would perform to the best of my ability.”

Views: 30

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

He is for small government. That is why.
How about you ??
Because he strongly upholds the constitution,which I feel Christians especially should have an interest in, especially keeping church and state separate. He is for less government beauracracy,, was against such a huge bailout, he believes in the privacy rights of every person (4th ammendment),believes every area of federal spending should be cut,drastically reducing spending.
I am not urging anyone to do as I do. Or striving.
There was no finger pointing until an out of context Ellen White got involved.
Interesting that she herself did this/
It is this kind of extremist finger pointing ... that many are turned off to SDAs and Christianity.
I'm an Independent. I see a lot of smearing going on from both the left and the right. I'm a part of a few myspace groups that have a strong political slant and the mudslinging from both sides is too much to take sometimes. Neither Democrats nor Republicans are completely right. Liberals have a platform that is too immoral for me to embrace while the Religious right have propagated a war that I don't agree with and they're probably going to be the ones who try to legislate morality here in the US. Either side seems dangerous to support.
Yes. But you have to decide the lessor of evils. Or sit on the sidelines and accept the will of the masses.
That's exactly the dilemma.
Pray. God will make it clear to you. All the way up to that voting box.
Amen

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by