Adventist Online

An Appeal For Gospel Order

by Alonzo T. Jones

This appeal is printed in response to many calls from all parts of the country. It has not the "imprimatur" of any ecclesciastical official superior, nor the "imprint" of any "regular" publishing house. It does not need any, for it is the truth; as anyone can know who cares to know only the truth. Besides, since the whole delegation of the S.D.A General Conference listened for nearly two hours to the reading of it, this ought to be sufficient surely that all others are at equal liberty to read it for themselves.

Presented before the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists at Takoma Park, Washington, D.C. May 27,1909.

to be continued

Views: 217

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pastor Bob, you profess to be a spiritual leader. Have you forgotten this counsel from the Lord, that a position of trust in the church does not give authority to dictate what others shall believe and what they shall do? Christians DO NOT exercise any authority. The truth which they preach is the only authority and it exercises itself. The princes of the Gentiles exercise authority and only Gentiles allow it to be done over them. But Jesus said, "It shall not be so among you." No one in the church has any right whatsoever to dictate what others shall believe and what they shall do. "Many claim that a position of trust in the church gives them authority to dictate what others shall believe and what they shall do. This claim God does not sanction. The Saviour declares, 'All ye are brethren.' All are exposed to temptation, and ared liable to error. Upon no finite being can we depend for guidance." D.A.414.

It is none of our business what people choose to read or not to read. Are they not following in the track of Rome when those in position of trust in the church dictate what others shall believe and what they shall do? Have we not been warned about that? Speaking of the leadership, Mrs. White said, "They are following in the track of Rome."

In 1907 brother Jones was tried, judged, sentenced, by the General Conference Executive Committee without him being given a chance to be heard. And the members of the G.C. Executive Committee made themselves prosecutors and judges in their own case. Now pray tell me, who was at fault here, Jones or them? In 1909 the General Conference endorsed the action of their Executive Committee!!!

Earlier Mrs. White had declared that the men of the G.C. had chosen darkness rather than light, that they did not know of what spirit they were of, and that they were turning things upside down. Should we be surprised that they continued their campaign against a man who was only preaching the third angel's message which was "antagonistic" to the "organized work"?

The third angel's message is antagonistic to the "organized work" and always will be. In 1909, the Lord sent this testimony: "The self-confident management of men has resulted in putting God aside and accepting the devisings of men. If you allow this to continue your faith will soon become extinct." T.M.481.

Now should we be surprised that after putting God aside and accepting the devisings of men, the men of the G.C. would manipulate the testimonies to discredit those who were not amenable to them? Mrs. White stated that these men would tolerate no opposition.

Bob, what are you doing if not following in the track of these men? Are you not weaving after the same pattern?

"Organizations, institutions, unless kept by the power of God will work under Satan's dictation to bring men under the control of men; and fraud and guile will bear the semblance of zeal for truth and the advancement of the kingdom of God." T.M.366.

Bob, you are in a very precarious situation yourself. Will you follow the counsel of God or the devisings of men? That is the question. If you follow God you might lose your position with men but not with God because in Christ we have position. Remember that our legacy today is the 1903 Constitution which put God aside and accepted the devisings of men. This order of things is of men and only of men. If you allow this to continue, that is, if you agree with the present order of things, and if you are prepared to support this order of things as long as you shall live, then your faith will become extinct and in the end you will find yourself fighting against God and you will not even know it.

I have studied the Testimonies long enough to know that some statements were fabricated to eliminate those who refused to be the slaves of men, who refused to put God aside and accept the devisings of men. When one looks at the bulk of the Testimonies regarding the years between 1888 and 1909 it is overwhelmingly clear that brother Jones never apostatized but that it was the leaders of the G.C. who did and the lies that were put into circulation against brother Jones who was the champion of the Lord will be exposed before the Lord finishes the work and cut it short in righteousness through men and women of His own choosing.

We are living in solemn times.

sky
"The spirit of domination is extending to the presidents of conferences. If a man is sanguine of his own powers and seeks to exercise dominion over his brethren, feeling he is invested with authority to make his will the ruling power, the best and only safe course is to remove him, lest great harm be done and he lose his own soul and imperil the souls of others. 'All ye are brethren.' This disposition to lord it over God's heritage, will cause a reaction unless these men change their course...

"A man's position does not make him one jot or tittle greater in the sight of God; it is character alone that God values...

"When men who profess to serve God ignore His parental character and depart from honor and righteousness dealing with their fellowmen, Satan exults, for he has inspired them with his attributes. They are following in the track of Romanism...

"Those who are enjoined to represent the attributes of the Lord's character, step from the Bible platform, and in their own human judgment devise rules and resolutions to force the will of others. The devisings for forcing men to follow the prescriptions of other men are instituting an order of things that overrides sympathy and tender compassion, that blinds the eyes to mercy, justice, and the love of God. Moral influence and personal responsibility are trodden underfoot...

Rules and resolutions! Are not these the devisings of men to force the will of others, and is this not the order of things, the very methods employed by the General Conference every time it is in session and are not the Union and Local Conferences weaving after the same pattern?

"God will not vindicate any device whereby man shall in the slightest degree rule or oppress his fellowmen." Testimonies to Ministers, pp.362,363.

sky
Even if "sky" is a SR, we still need to respect "The Man" Jesus and send out love for the bredren.
Anthony, so you know, I am not a SR, never was, never will be. :)

As to what our dear sister Joany just stated in her last posts, I have absolutely no idea what she is talking about. Who is this "Rick" from Florida and what does she mean by "something changed" and what forum is she talking about?

Posted: 23 Jul 2010 at 4:20pm
This saddens me. I feel like I have taken the forum for granted.
I'm sorry I did not post more here. And I'm sorry I did not bring more people here.
The only person I brought (Sky) turned out to be a heretic.

Reddogs!!!

Where in the world did she fetch this? I would like to know what forum Reddogs ever invited me to? I have no recollection of that. I have never read these words and I have no idea where they come from. I know someone by that name from Adventistforum.com. I don't remember that user having said anything of the sort about me personally. I would like to know where Joany got this from.

Reddogs, if you are reading this, could you shed some light on the subject, please, thank you.

It is becoming more and more obvious that Joany's agenda is to surf the net in the hope of finding anything against me personally instead of dealing directly with the issues discussed? What about slander?

Joany, you need to come clean as to what you have quoted. I remember how for the longest time you had nothing but good to say about me. It is you who changed, not me. You even invited me to post on your blog a while ago. It took me a while before I did post and when I did, you blasted me and why? simply because you didn't like something I said regarding your position on righteousness by faith. I never said anything personal, just made some comments supported by the Scriptures and the SoP and did I ever get blasted and ever since you have been on a war path with me! I never posted on ur blog after that.

Again I am asking you to stick to the issues and please stop the inuendos.

When in 1903 the leaders of the G.C. put God aside and accepted the devisings of men they chose darkness rather than light and this order of things has been allowed to continue ever since and this explains why we have been wandering in this world of sin and sorrow for so long. The Lord warned that if this order of things was to be allowed to continue, our faith would soon become extinct. (T.M.481;366,361)

Was Mrs. White a "heretic" for saying that? was she a "slanderer" for stating that unless kept by the power of God, this organization would work under Satan's dictation to bring men under the control of men and that fraud and guile would bear the zemblance of zeal for truth and for the advancement of the kingdom of God? (T.M.366)

All I have said is that when one reads An Appeal for Gospel Order and Some History, Experience, and Facts, it becomes crystal clear that brother Jones was presenting the third angel's message and because that message was "antagonistic" to the "organized work" of 1903 and because this man of God was not amenable to the men who had put God aside and accepted the devisings of men while maintaining a semblance of zeal for truth, they did to him what the leaders of the Sanhedrin did to Jesus. They started a campaign against him to discredit him in the eyes of the people. Helped by W.C. White they were able to manipulate the Testimonies and even forged some and the Lord allowed this to take place. Since then the whole church has been deceived. This is part of the "omega" of apostasy that the Lord Himself had warned us about and of which He said would be of a "most startling nature."

What is needed is to repent of that and accept the principle of the 1901 Constitution, and start building on a different foundation. The present order of things is antagonistic to Gospel Order. It does not allow Christ to be king, to be the Head of His church.

This is what the General Conference Bulletins of 1901 and 1903 clearly reveal.

This has nothing to do with me personally.

And there is the issue of whether or not we endorse the action of the Executive Committee in 1907 when the members of this Committee made themselves prosecutors and judges in their own case and sentenced brother Jones without him having been given any chance to be heard and then the issue of the General Conference leaders endorsing that action in 1909.

sky
Sky..I was not saying that you were, it was just a broad statement....my apoligy.

Like this one.....

"just because some people do not agree with any one man's view, we are still obligated, by God, to show loving kindness to ALL of mankind....if we are TRULY call by His name.....Children of God......or they are no better than the men who stone Steven, or cricified Christ for that matter.

God bless you Sky
sky said, "They started a campaign against him to discredit him in the eyes of the people. Helped by W.C. White they were able to manipulate the Testimonies and even forged some and the Lord allowed this to take place. Since then the whole church has been deceived."

It is this kind of statement that causes me utmost concern and in the following I shall explain why:

1. "They". I often wonder who "they" are. "They" feature in every conspiracy theory going and are conspicuous by the fact that "they" do not have names. Always the nebulous "they". Yet how can one say decidedly that "they" have done something if "they" have no identity. How can one say that one has the evidence, the irrefutable proof of one's accusations if one doesn't know who "they" actually are? The only way that an allegation of this sort can be sustained is to produce the evidence that whatever was done was deliberately done by "they".

2. "Helped by W.C.White". Now we have a name of one of the conspirators, W.C.White, and the specific allegation that he helped manipulate and forge the writings of E.G.White. This is a libellous accusation unless there is proof, testable proof.

3. "manipulate the Testimonies and even forged some". Perhaps the most damaging of allegations that, if believed, makes the Spirit of Prophecy of none effect. Taken to its logical conclusion this becomes analogous to the view that Muslims take towards the Bible. They accept that, as the Qur'an teaches, the Bible was given by God but quickly follow with the fact that the Bible has been changed. They cannot tell you who changed it ("they" did it) or precisely when or how the change was acheived. What they can tell you, with some certainty, is that the parts of the Bible that do not agree with Islamic beliefs are the parts that have been changed or forged.

4. "Since then the whole church has been deceived." Can this really be true? The whole church? Yet there is at least one (presumably not in the church) who is aware of this deception. As often happens where there is a conspiracy there is the "elite", those who are able to see through the conspiracy and have the real truth to impart to those less aware. In fact it leads us to the inescapable conclusion that (a) we can no longer trust any of the writings of E.G.White as we don't know which have been tampered with (or even fabricated) and which haven't, and (b) that the one who brings this revelation can be trusted more than the SoP as he is able to discern that which other mortals cannot.

The upshot of all this is that one who often posts nothing but SoP quotes now says that we cannot trust the very source that he is constantly quoting.

It reminds me of Andreason's experience with the SoP and William Miller's guideline #4 for studying the Bible, "To understand doctrine, bring all the Scriptures together on the subject you wish to know; then let every word have it’s proper influence, and if you can form your theory without contradiction, you cannot be in error (Isaiah 28:7-29; 35:8; Proverbs 19:27; Luke 24:27, 44, 45; James 5:19; 2 Peter 1:19, 20)."

So, if the Testimonies have been manipulated and forged then the logical conclusion is that we can forget Spirit of Prophecy completely. Ellen White's writings are no longer safe to read.

"When you find men questioning the testimonies, finding fault with them, and seeking to draw away the people from their influence, be assured that God is not at work through them. It is another spirit." (1 Selected Messages, p.45)

"Some who are not willing to receive the light, but who prefer to walk in ways of their own choosing, will search the testimonies to find something in them to encourage the spirit of unbelief and disobedience. Thus a spirit of disunion will be brought in; for the spirit which leads them to criticize the testimonies will also lead them to watch their brethren to find in them something to condemn." (1 Selected Messages, p.48)

"The Last Deception of Satan

Satan is . . . constantly pressing in the spurious--to lead away from the truth. The very last deception of Satan will be to make of none effect the testimony of the Spirit of God. "Where there is no vision, the people perish" (Proverbs 29:18). Satan will work ingeniously, in different ways and through different agencies, to unsettle the confidence of God's remnant people in the true testimony

"There will be a hatred kindled against the testimonies which is satanic. The workings of Satan will be to unsettle the faith of the churches in them, for this reason: Satan cannot have so clear a track to bring in his deceptions and bind up souls in his delusions if the warnings and reproofs and counsels of the Spirit of God are heeded." (ibid.)
I can't answer you JohnB and Joany right now but I will as soon as I can today.

sky
Ok, Sky, it is now August 5, when do you plan to reply to this? It doesn't seem as if you have and yet, you HAD promised to reply "as soon as I can today". That was on July 31. What's up? We are waiting for the answer.
Jeanne

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2022   Created by Clark P.   Powered by