Adventist Online

As inquiries have been coming into our office about the relationship of Daniel Mesa with Secrets Unsealed, we feel that a word of clarification is in order. 
The marketing department of Secrets Unsealed hired Daniel Mesa on May 27, 2014, however, on December 6, 2016, the ministry terminated Daniel’s employment for a variety of reasons. 
We would like to make it clear that neither Pastor Bohr nor anyone else at Secrets Unsealed shares Daniel’s theological views of the Godhead, particularly his understanding of the personhood and nature of the Holy Spirit, which we believe are at odds with Scripture, and the Spirit of Prophecy. Matthew 28:18-20 and 2 Corinthians 13:14 (among many other verses) indisputably teach that there are three distinct persons in the Godhead each in unity with the other and that all three are God in the highest sense. Ellen White is likewise clear: 
“There are three living persons of the heavenly trio. In the name of these three powers, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost, those who receive Christ by living faith are baptized, and these powers will cooperate with the obedient subjects of heaven in their efforts to live the new life in Christ.” Bible Training School, March 1, 1906
Although we can see the work and fruit of the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Prophecy has warned us not to delve into forbidden paths such as trying to explain the Holy Spirit’s nature—what or who He is:
“The nature of the Holy Spirit is a mystery. Men cannot explain it, because the Lord has not revealed it to them. Men having fanciful views may bring together passages of Scripture and put a human construction on them, but the acceptance of these views will not strengthen the church. Regarding such mysteries, which are too deep for human understanding, silence is golden.” Acts of the Apostles, p. 52
Secrets Unsealed likewise teaches that Jesus is the Divine Son of God, co-substantial with the Father and sharing His nature. Our position is that Jesus is God in the highest sense, a person distinct from the Father yet equal with Him, in unity with Him, and sharing with Him all the divine attributes. We do not believe that Jesus was created at any point in eternity past for in Him is life ‘original, unborrowed, underived.’

Views: 6552

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Peace

James wrote: "SDA has shifted their doctrine on the trinity and created and added to the fundamental beliefs, have they not? "

What was the shift? The only thing I see is the use of the word trinity. However the definition has remained the same. Brother James, this trinity smoke screen has been debunked... Brother Dan and Rush believes what SDA teach and has always taught. The beef is with the use of the word trinity. For me, the Bible doesn't use the word, and not that it means anything to you, but EGW didn't use the word trinity.... so I won't use it. There is no error in the SDA definition of the word trinity.

Bless!

Reasoning I am not to sure about no change Many came to the SDAC with many different ideas about the nature of God. The Fundamentals was evolving in the early years. The SDAC did not come out as picture of perfection and even now there are things that we have not got ironed out. 

Peace

Ian wrote: "Reasoning I am not to sure about no change Many came to the SDAC with many different ideas about the nature of God. The Fundamentals was evolving in the early years. The SDAC did not come out as picture of perfection and even now there are things that we have not got ironed out"

Oh... Ok, let's dig into it... What was the shift? What changed with the definition of the GODHEAD in the SDA Church?

Besides the use of the word trinity I see nothing... But I can be wrong, that's why we come together and discuss things brother Ian. Let me know what wasn't iron out.

Blessings!

Thank for your reply Reasoning I was not so much thinking about the Godhead, and more about the members that did not believe the Holy Spirit was fully God. And they were in Good company James White himself did not think the Holy Spirit was fully God. As we see here on this board we still have members that have problem with the Holy Spirit. 

So the shift was that the SDAC finally accepted the Holy Spirit as part of the Godhead. And over the years we have seen things being Added to the fundamentals. Not that I have any problems with that, but I believe we should be honest enough to admit that the SDAC did not come fully formed  from God we had a lot of learning and growing to do over the years. 

As I understand it we are a evolving faith and we need to be prepared to admit that even to our friend James who was rightly pointing out that our church has seen some changes. 

Sadly James did not care to answer to what his problem is with a church that is growing. 

Peace

Ian wrote: "I was not so much thinking about the Godhead, and more about the members that did not believe the Holy Spirit was fully God. And they were in Good company James White himself did not think the Holy Spirit was fully God. As we see here on this board we still have members that have problem with the Holy Spirit."
"So the shift was that the SDAC finally accepted the Holy Spirit as part of the Godhead. "

Thank you brother Ian.. Ok, so your saying the 7th day Adventist conference didn't believe what EGW confirmed in her writings of what the Bible teaches?

Mr. & Mrs. White didn't agree on this subject at one point, and then eventually James White dropped his false belief and agreed with his wife?

Where can I find that info? You have references I can go to and check it out?

Just to make sure I understand you correctly, your saying there was contention over whether or not the Holy Spirit was fully GOD, and then at a certain time, those (SDAC, James White and others) who believed the Holy Spirit wasn't fully GOD changed their view or shifted their view to the correct understanding that the Holy Spirit is fully GOD. Is my understanding correct brother Ian?

Again, if you can direct me to that info I would appreciate it.. What year did this shift take place? Thank GOD the SDA Church did come together.

Blessings!
1 Corinthians 12: 28 God has appointed in the church first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then those who perform miracles, those who have gifts of healing, those who help others, administrators, and those who speak various kinds of languages.

29 Not all are apostles, are they? Not all are prophets, are they? Not all are teachers, are they? Not all perform miracles, do they?

30 Not all have the gift of healing, do they? Not all speak in foreign languages, do they? Not all interpret, do they?

31 Keep on desiring the better gifts. And now I will show you the best way of all.
That is a not a good translation of I Cor. 12:28. The English translation is often misleading, as the Greek words give a more accurate meaning. The correction for the Corinthian church was that they all are not to do everything at once, whether it be tongues (and those should bre interpreted, otherwise tongues should not be spoken out loud without intepretation.

The Corinthians were out of order, one has a psalm, another a revelation etc.
All believers have Holy Spirit and the ability to do all 9 manifestations of holy spirit, but some do not for various reasons. The idea that everyone gets one manifestation is erroneous due to translation problems into English and lack of understanding of the manifestations even to this day.

If everyone only gets one, and the manifestation of faith facilitates the other manifestations, then if you only get one, faith, then you couldn't do anything else.

The pray that he may interpret, that all may prophesy, and every believer can get revelation, and to desire spiritual matters or things are proofs that believers can each do all the manifestations because each has the Holy Spirit and Christ in them.

Those that have no deep study and experience make proclamations that are inaccurate or completely wrong, professing to know what they have no experience, understanding, no mentors by those knowledgeable and experienced in these matters. The addition of gifts without authority in the text has caused tremendous prevention of believers manifesting Holy Spirit. The insistence on gifts which are not in the text, even after telling you is obstinance without investigation.

The resistance to all the manifestations, the lack of desire and misunderstandings has left the churches of Christianity weak, sick, untold premature deaths, oppression and demonization with people suffering needlessly with no one to deliver and heal them by the spirit of God. God is also not glorified and the Devil's ministry and plans and havoc are carried out of stealing, killing and destroying. Lucifer' children do not limit their manifestations of wickedness, they zealously pray up to 18 hours a day on their knees. The Luciferians and witches manifest everything they can for their 'Lord' Lucifer.

The Book of Acts is only mostly history now, not to be emulated or followed and is not even a distant memory for the church, who do not believe in, want or desire the power of God operated in love. Anyone that dares to is immediately called a counterfeit, mentally ill, a kock or someone being arrogant. I know one member of the SDA who speaks in tongues secretly, afraid of telling anyone for fear of ostracism by other SDA's.

It is a shame and a disgrace, and it puts God's gift of Holy Spirit hidden from use and neglect and total quenching of the spirit by institutionalized unbelief and misunderstanding.

There are many SDA members who practice adultery secretly, some are into secret societies secretly, some murder secretly, some may as well speak gibberish secretly; all these are children of Lucifer. 

The text did not say all have only one gift 

The churches and denominations are reaping what they sow, unbelief equals no power of God or deliverance to any great degree. Then the unbelievers and witches and Luciferians point to the churches and laugh at the stupidity and powerless churches and say "where is their God, He must be absent or does not care?"

On the other extreme are the Kundalini spirit driven churches of demonic manifestations or a mixture of demonic and genuine spirit of God manifestations. We see wickness and Satanism manifested by Hollywood in ceremonies on TV in various events of award ceremonies and football games.

Either way it is a disgrace.

Then the unbelievers and witches and Luciferians point to the churches and laugh at the stupidity and powerless churches and say "where is their God, He must be absent or does not care?"

You talk to witches and luciferians?  Are you also comparing what the Holy Spirit does in the lives of Christians and the power of the Holy Spirit with the spiritualism of witches and Luciferians? 

Do you have trouble interpreting what is written?

I was contrasting the unbelief and lack of determination in general with that of the wicked.
They often put Christians to shame in their commitment and dedication and belief in their God Lucifer. The wicked also make sure that their fellow travelers are well taken care of with good well paying jobs, mentoring, advice and of course using their wicked manifestations for evil. They are not mamby pambies like many of the Christians. They are bold and committed.

It is really a shame, and the degree of unbelief and blasphemy and even hatred fore other Christians is often astounding. The lack of unity and in fighting in Christianity is often astounding.
Tradition in the denominations and wrong doctrines and practices are another story also.

The churches are not trained in the nine manifestations to counter the invasion and infiltration of the churches and denominations, which has already infiltrated every denomination practically. The manifestations are necessary to counter and heal the damage caused by the wicked. Oh but you don't want that!

You just wait and see just how bad things are going to get, when men will tremble for fear. The demonic activity has increased exponentially already as the majority of churches go about business as usual concentrating on feathering their own beds, sand there are few who even know how to begin to help the people that are suffering diseases, demonic troubles and other issues.
From the time the church started there were false brethren. From Judas to Nicholas to Simon Magus. The Bible predicted false brethren

Matthew 24:24 there shall arise many false Christ and false prophets

Acts 20:30 Even from your own number men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them.

So how can you say we should be able to counter and heal with manifestations? Text please. Remember the wheat and the tares must grow together?

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2022   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service