Adventist Online

I have been looking at supposed SDA online sites. Unfortunately I am getting more and more confused with who is who..now I find this guy teaching a 2520 prophecy..and yep..by all accounts he is an SDA layman.

How many more are amongst us? Do you ever think you are reading an SDA site when in fact it's not of our teaching?

A Review of Jeff Pippenger’s teachings - Norman McNulty, M.D.

*** Adventist Online Admin Note ***
Since this discussion is the top search result on Google for the term "Jeff Pippenger", we have seen a 'round up the troops' movement of Pippenger supporters.  They come here to defend beliefs which the Seventh-day Adventist Church has found to be baseless.  Beliefs which have lead these same supporters of Jeff Pippenger to leave the Seventh-day Adventist Church.  This is a web site for Seventh-day Adventists by Seventh-day Adventists.  Each new member must answer "Yes" to the following question to create a profile here:  "Do you agree to uphold the principles and beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist church in your conduct on this site and follow the Site Rules & Guidelines?"

Our Site Rules & Guidelines includes the following rule:

12. This is a site by Seventh-day Adventists for Seventh-day Adventists.  We welcome all seekers of God's truth here.  We believe that God will continue to reveal His truth to His people as time progresses.  Thus we are constantly seeking a better understanding of God and His word.  We welcome all that are doing the same. That said, if it becomes apparent that your purpose in being a member of this site is to promote a different agenda and/or sow discord among the brethren, your ability to interact with this site may be restricted.

We ask that all members uphold the pledge they made when joining this site.

Views: 31636

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes..

I have to say, though, that the argument for Dan 11:40 being fulfilled on that date is overwhelming.. We have become the king of the north in the way we are a catholic nation now.. NOT Christian as most would say.. But catholic. The ones we started out protesting with our 'protestant' ways..

As for the king of the south, I am not sure about that, even though I do think it is Islam.. And the ways that this bit of prophecy IS being fulfilled is amazingly accurate to the times.. Its a matter of time that will tell, but for my money, I read it, I looked at our world today, and I see it..

We HAVE taken on the mantle of old Rome and catholocism.. As a naiton.. And we DID come against Islam with whirlwinds and chariots in the form of our modern day war machines..

They HAVE flowed over into all that land over there.. AND this is a biggie.. When you the verses 40-45, and it says that Edom, Moab and Ammon would escape his (the king of the north) hand... Edom Moab and Ammon, when superimposed over a map of the region today, it IS modern Jordan. And guess what??  The King of Jordan is in talks with the Pope, and also guess what??  He IS escaping.. EVERYTHING mentioned in those few verses IS happening..

So, I know there are a lot of off the mark people out there, but there is also a lot that we have been denied due to our leaders misunderstanding about certain things..

Like, they said that Dan 11 starts out literal and then, at the point of US in of Dan 11 it all of a sudden becomes a symbolic chapter.. I think that was cause they couldnt say for sure what the rest of the literal fulfillment would be..

But, I dont think God would change a chapter midstream.. FROM literal TO symbolic.. It makes sense that they just couldnt say for sure and didnt want to appear ignorant and so they gave it symbolism..

I appreciate your concerns.. I also know we are to have the Holy Spirit and to let Him be our Guide..

There ARE things we have not been told.. Like the Jones and Waggoner message.. Buried as far as they could.. They bring out false ideas about Christs nature and say He was like Adam before the fall.. THAT is so they can have a REASON to go on sinning..

There IS some  murky water out there.. And God wants to help us understand it all.. Its about testing the issues against the Bible and allowing Him to give us the answers as to the rightness or wrongness of them..

Its not easy, but, it IS worth the search..

As for the 2520, the thing that counts out of that is that we ARE in the gathering time.. Not because of a time prophecy, so much as just cause the Bible doesnt lie and God does say He will scatter and He does say He will gather His people to Him again.. I believe it is the reason we became a Denomination.. I think God DID choose a new people at the start of the gathering..

But I am not a real prophecy buff and can only go by what God has impressed ME with.. But these things, they DO make sense and they DO stand up to the tests so far. Looking forward to further discussion on these exciting and pertinant topics!!

Deborah

I did not understand the last part of your response are you saying that there is some truth in the 25/20.

Yes I believe that God is doing the gathering he did the scattering and now he is doing the gathering.

I do think there is some truth in it.. Just for little FYI type things .. LIKE the fact that Israel WAS scattered and now HAS BEEN re-called as it were, in the SDA church..

Its all quite deep and it IS tough to navigate.. But, we have to KNOW for ourselves, we cant ride in on someone else's understanding of these things!!  :)

Deborah

I agree not too long Jamal Sankey and Dario Taylor came to Trinidad and did a study workshop on this same 25.20 . I only got to attend one day so I did not get much info.  It is very complicated to grasp takes a lot of studying to grasp.

What i have gathered is that it is referring to a time period.

Dario Taylor is the undisputed master at Proof-texting hermeneutics, our God-given method of Bible interpretation.  He can go for hours just from memory.  Tons of respect for that guy, and how he opens up the scriptures.....it's unlike anything I've ever seen from a seminary trained pastor.  Jamal Sankey is ok too.  I like Emiliano Richards.  Good website with lots of resources for free   restoringtheoldpaths.org

Here is what Ellen White had to say about navigating as such.  She calls it error.  Ellen white speaks of the charts and the prophecies of JOHN and DANIEL.  Do you know why she never mentioned the prophecy of MOSES?  Hint 2520 is not a prophecy:

"Truth is straight, plain, clear, and stands out boldly in its own defense; but it is not so with error. It is so winding and twisting that it needs a multitude of words to explain it in its crooked form."

Joh 5:45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.
Joh 5:46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.
Joh 5:47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Mark,

You are reaching for a life saver but there is none there for the 2520 error.  Have you read Leviticus 26?  There are 5 punishments based on not listening to God.  They are different in nature and 4 of them, if 2520- is Truth would each be 2520 years long totaling 10,080 years in duration.

Brother you must give up associating people who try to show you the error of your way with being the accuser.  Was it not you who left the Truth because your error was rejected?  Who was doing the accusing of a people that are rejecting your error?

Mark,

The 2520 "prophecy" has been thoroughly debunked.  The whole We Affirm SDA website does so in great detail.  (http://www.weaffirmsda.com/).  I DO thank you for getting me to study this issue more.

I appreciated this thought from Ty Gibson in his letter to Pippenger.  (emphasis mine):

I will first point out the fact that even though she lived though the Millerite movement and then lived as a prophetic witness through the formation of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, Ellen White never once wrote a single line regarding the 2520. Her silence is eloquence.

The Great Controversy, as her definitive work regarding the end-time message, tells the history of the Millerite Movement, the Advent Movement, the opening of the Most Holy Place, and the recovery of the great truths of the gospel that had been lost sight of through the long years of papal supremacy. It then projects forward to the latter rain movement that will close up human history, and not once does the book mention the 2520.

If the 2520 were a vital part of the latter rain message, then its complete absence from The Great Controversy could only be regarded as perhaps the greatest failure of the prophetic gift on record. Although with good intent, no doubt, it seems to me that the advocates of the 2520 are asking us to somehow process and accept the idea that the very book that labors, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit no less!, to tell us what the final message is, has, in fact, failed to do so. We are then asked to believe that current uninspired voices are now telling us what the latter rain message is, although the inspired writings know nothing of that message.

That’s a tall order.

Check out We Affirm SDA for a very detailed study on this matter.

Mark, this final paragraph in Ty Gibsons letter to Pippenger applies to you as well:

I also believe, however, that it would be wisdom on your part to humbly lay your more divergent theological ideas before brethren outside your circle who are studious enough and biblically literate enough to offer you valid critique. Once a man has gone public with a view that differs from the body’s position, it can become very difficult to yield that view even when valid arguments are made against it. There is safety in submitting to the collective study of the body and especially in seeking out those who are capable of offering significant challenge to our ideas.

You are in my prayers, brother.

Vincenzo,  Have you seen what Brother Lemon wrote?

http://www.scribd.com/doc/68032756/2520-Response-by-Dwayne-Lemon

You will be blessed!

Brother Vincenzo

Without the reply of Ty Gibson, can you Defend your Truth without quotes from the SOP, using the Bible Only?

I said so because Brother John B have proved with the SOP, Brother Mark is proving with Both,you also came with the defense of Gibson,it seems as if the Confusion is based on Understanding the SOP?

Before the SOP was the Bible,would you Prove that the 2520 is not a time Prophecy with the Bible ONLY?

And Brother Mark if you are there go ahead, and prove also with the Bible only?

Waiting for Both of you to show your working!!!

hi,

I have written a book concerning the 2520 prophecy. It is a false teaching. The Seventh-day Adventist Church is right is rejecting it. For more information, please visit my website, www.2520book.com

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service