Adventist Online

I have been looking at supposed SDA online sites. Unfortunately I am getting more and more confused with who is who..now I find this guy teaching a 2520 prophecy..and yep..by all accounts he is an SDA layman.

How many more are amongst us? Do you ever think you are reading an SDA site when in fact it's not of our teaching?

A Review of Jeff Pippenger’s teachings - Norman McNulty, M.D.

*** Adventist Online Admin Note ***
Since this discussion is the top search result on Google for the term "Jeff Pippenger", we have seen a 'round up the troops' movement of Pippenger supporters.  They come here to defend beliefs which the Seventh-day Adventist Church has found to be baseless.  Beliefs which have lead these same supporters of Jeff Pippenger to leave the Seventh-day Adventist Church.  This is a web site for Seventh-day Adventists by Seventh-day Adventists.  Each new member must answer "Yes" to the following question to create a profile here:  "Do you agree to uphold the principles and beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist church in your conduct on this site and follow the Site Rules & Guidelines?"

Our Site Rules & Guidelines includes the following rule:

12. This is a site by Seventh-day Adventists for Seventh-day Adventists.  We welcome all seekers of God's truth here.  We believe that God will continue to reveal His truth to His people as time progresses.  Thus we are constantly seeking a better understanding of God and His word.  We welcome all that are doing the same. That said, if it becomes apparent that your purpose in being a member of this site is to promote a different agenda and/or sow discord among the brethren, your ability to interact with this site may be restricted.

We ask that all members uphold the pledge they made when joining this site.

Views: 31614

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mae,

As noted before, Ellen White never wrote one line regarding the 2520.  Why?  Because there is nothing to write about.  The 2520 is a made up number and a made up "prophecy".  Show me where you find "2520" in scripture.  Show me where you find "2520" in the writings of Ellen White.  It's not there.

In this very discussion (keep reading!), JohnB used scripture to prove the lack of substance of the 2520 "prophecy" claims.  He did so with great clarity and understanding.  He used SOP to show that there are no long term time prophecies to be fulfilled after 1844.  A nail in the coffin of this false teaching.

Brother Mark has proven nothing.  The 2520 is an imagined and made up "prophecy" based on words that don't represent a time prophecy.

I see no evidence of a 2520 prophecy in scripture.  It's not there, so how do I defend it?  I can't.  It's made up.  So I reject it.  I can't defend a negative.  Being unable to prove the absence of something does NOT mean that that thing exists (google "Russell's teapot").  So it is with the 2520.

MAE RU, Why do you not want to address the writing on this topic by Ty Gibson?  It's from the Bible only.  I agree with it completely.  I didn't take the time to re-write that all in my own words.  But if Bible only is what you want, you can read it again here:  http://www.weaffirmsda.com/the-2520-time-prophecy/an-evaluation-of-...

God bless,
Vince

I agree Vincenzo 

It's not there for you my brother because you are a blind Laodicean.

Mal 3:1 Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.
Mal 3:2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:
Mal 3:3 And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness.

So what is this Gold and Silver referring to?

Psa 12:6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

The Silver is the word, that is purified 7 TIMES!

Rev 3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

1Pe 1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

The Gold is our Faith.

Both the Gold and the Silver combined is what will purify us.

Do we see that in God's word?

In Numbers SEVEN, the Levites had to make an offering in righteousness as a dedication of the Altar, each tribe was to bring forth certain vessels a tribe a day.

Num 7:84 This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold:
Num 7:85 Each charger of silver weighing an hundred and thirty shekels, each bowl seventy: all the silver vessels weighed two thousand and four hundred shekels, after the shekel of the sanctuary:
Num 7:86 The golden spoons were twelve, full of incense, weighing ten shekels apiece, after the shekel of the sanctuary: all the gold of the spoons was an hundred and twenty shekels.

Both the Gold and the Silver weighs 2520 shekels!

The 2520 is Christ's righteousness, it is the sprinkling of the latter rain, it points to judgment at the NSL, that will begin at God's house 1 Pet 4:17, so if you reject it you will crucify Christ and pick Barabbas.

Remember these words.

Ah yes, Mark.  More name calling and divisiveness.

"The 2520 is Christ's righteousness ... so if you reject it you will crucify Christ and pick Barabbas.

Remember these words."

You couldn't be more mislead.  I will remember those words.  They confirm that you are so far adrift that only God will be able to bring you back.  You have been presented with so much evidence of the falsehood of this theology and yet pride has not let you come back to the truth.  I pray for your salvation.

This theology is "not there for me" because this theology is NOT in scripture.  Period.  It has also been refuted by Ellen White.  What do you have left to draw on?  Your own surmising?

I will leave you with this quote from the pen of inspiration.  It directly applies to you Mark.

We are to pray for divine enlightenment, but at the same time we should be careful how we receive everything termed new light. We must beware lest, under cover of searching for new truth, Satan shall divert our minds from Christ and the special truths for this time. I have been shown that it is the device of the enemy to lead minds to dwell upon some obscure or unimportant point, something that is not fully revealed or is not essential to our salvation. This is made the absorbing theme, the "present truth," when all their investigations and suppositions only serve to make matters more obscure than before, and to confuse the minds of some who ought to be seeking for oneness through sanctification of the truth.–Letter 7, 1891. 1 Selected Messages, 159 

There is danger now of our losing sight of the important truths applicable for this period of time, and seeking for those things that are new and strange and entrancing.Testimonies to Ministers, 407-408

God bless

PS.  "Both the Gold and the Silver weighs 2520 shekels!"  THIS surmising of man is your Biblical basis for the 2520?  That is the greatest misrepresentation of Scripture I have seen in months.

I WILL COME BACK TO YOU AFTER STUDY STAY TUNED

Mark I have never seen a bigger Joke than this Lol Lolololololol. You are placing your whole salvation on gold and silver

On a serious note:

Once a man has gone public with a view that differs from the body’s position, it can become very difficult to yield that view even when valid arguments are made against it. There is safety in submitting to the collective study of the body and especially in seeking out those who are capable of offering significant challenge to our ideas.

the claim that the so called “2520 prophecy” constitutes a “testing truth” and part of the “latter rain” message, is a huge leap of logic and a frightful diversion from the very truth we are explicitly told is the latter rain message—namely, the three angel’s messages, which have as their essential core the gospel of justification by faith, and which will become the final issue of decision for all mankind in the soon-coming Sabbath-Sunday crisis.

Mark said 

"Num 7:84 This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold: 
Num 7:85 Each charger of silver weighing an hundred and thirty shekels, each bowl seventy: all the silver vessels weighed two thousand and four hundred shekels, after the shekel of the sanctuary: 
Num 7:86 The golden spoons were twelve, full of incense, weighing ten shekels apiece, after the shekel of the sanctuary: all the gold of the spoons was an hundred and twenty shekels.

Both the Gold and the Silver weighs 2520 shekels!

The 2520 is Christ's righteousness, it is the sprinkling of the latter rain, it points to judgment at the NSL, that will begin at God's house 1 Pet 4:17, so if you reject it you will crucify Christ and pick Barabbas."

Mark I have never seen such scriptural wizardry 

This is the type of doctrine we all must accept or else ?? 

Sister White plainly refers to the "last and longest prophetic period brought to view in the Bible" was preached by Miller and his associates. That was the seven times of Leviticus 26.

Theodore said,

"Sister White plainly refers to the "last and longest prophetic period brought to view in the Bible" was preached by Miller and his associates. That was the seven times of Leviticus 26."

Nope.  She was explicitly referring to the 2300 days.

Nonetheless, it is an historical fact that the last and longest prophetic period proclaimed by Miller and his associates was the seven times of Leviticus 26.

I'm sorry that you do not think that EW believed in the 2520.  It's quite plain however that she does  not condemn it as so many are quick to judge.  If Ellen White is a true prophet then she would not contradict herself, and if she's correct that Millerite history is repeated to the very letter at the end of time, and if the Lord is Alpha and Omega, illustrating the end by the beginning, then just as in the Millerites had the Lord's hand over and covering something on the chart, so would the Lord have His hand over and covering something on the chart.  It was a test for the Millerites.  It must be a test for us too to stay consistent.

There are many many example of it in the Bible and SOP.  Here are several examples from scripture and if you like, I can follow up with EW direct endorsement of it.

Mene, Mene, Tekel, Upharsin

These words are interesting, they are actually Aramaic words.  They may have been written in another language but according to Strong's Concordance these words are common Aramaic words.  So the king may truly have not been able to read what was written but what is more likely is he was able to read it; he just did not understand what message was behind the words.  In verses 26 - 28 Daniel gives the meanings while Strong's Concordance indentifies that Peres and Upharsin are the same word.  So mene, mene, tekel, uparsin would be literally interpreted "number, number, weight, divide.  Although Daniel sums it up very well a student of the Bible will be drawn to the fact that there are two "mene"s.  While the message that Daniel relays needs but one "mene" the words written on the wall have two. 

Daniel provided Belshazzar with the divine interpretation of the meaning of those words, but those words also represent coinage of that time period, that when added together equal 2,520.

• A "MENE" was a coin that represented fifty shekels.

• A "TEKEL" is the Babylonian expression for shekel.

• "UPHARSIN" represents half a "MENE."

The Bible tells us a shekel is 20 gerahs.

"This they shall give, every one that passeth among them that are numbered, half a shekel after the shekel of the sanctuary: (a shekel is twenty gerahs:) an half shekel shall be the offering of the LORD." Exodus 30:13 This is also mentioned in Leviticus 27:25, Numbers 3:47, Numbers 18:16 and Ezekiel 45:12

A "MENE" therefore is 50 shekels, which equates to 50x20 or 1,000 gerahs.

"MENE, MENE" therefore equates to 2,000 gerahs.

A "TEKEL" is a shekel, which equates to 20 gerahs.

Therefore "MENE, MENE, TEKEL" equates to 2,020 gerahs.

A "UPHARSIN" is understood as one half of a "MENE," so a "UPHARSIN" represents 500 gerahs.

When we therefore calculate the sum of these words we get: 2520

Shekel Gerah
MENE 50 1000
MENE 50 1000
TEKEL 1 20
UPHARSIN 25 500
Total 126 2520

Nebuchadnezzar lost his kingdom for "seven times," that is 2,520 days, and the loss of his kingdom typifies Belshazzar’s lost kingdom. Belshazzar’s judgment is also symbolically represented by 2,520; for the pronouncement of "MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN" is a mathematical formula that adds up to 2,520.

Belshazzar saw the number on the wall and he didn’t understand what it meant.  But when Daniel sees it he realizes right away that this was not a good thing. You see, Daniel understood what the 2520 meant—scattering. He knew it meant God’s judgment on the kingdom. That’s why he said, ‘Your kingdom is weighed and wanting, divided, numbered and finished!’  The Bible warns us "Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme: But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:" Mark 3:28-29

God will suffer long with sinners but there is a line He will not allow anyone to cross and Belshazzar's open and deliberate blasphemy could not be tolerated.  Belshazzar was scattered never to be gathered again.  His grandfather was allowed a second chance when he was scattered and gathered during his literal 2520 and that was all the warning Belshazzar needed to make his final decision a permanently fatal one. 

Daniel 5:30 In that night was Belshazzar the king of the Chaldeans slain.
31 And Darius the Median took the kingdom, being about threescore and two years old.

cylinder

Cylinder Seal of Nabonidus       

For many years, no one knew why Belshazzar promised the interpreter only the position of ‘third ruler’ in the kingdom. Then when they found certain clay tablets and seals they learned that Belshazzar was only second ruler because his father Nabonidus was still also king.

"And now have I given all these lands into the hand of Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon, my servant; and the beasts of the field have I given him also to serve him.  And all nations shall serve him, and his son, and his son's son, until the very time of his land come: and then many nations and great kings shall serve themselves of him." Jeremiah 27:6

PROPHESY OF 2520 SCATTERING OF JUDAH 677BC AND EPHRAIM 723BC---------------

PROMISES OF SANCTUARY & COVENANT & SDA CHURCH  AT GATHERING

EZEKIEL 37:15-28

One Nation Under One King

15The word of the Lord came to me: 16“Son of man, take a stick of wood and write on it, ‘Belonging to Judah and the Israelites associated with him.’ Then take another stick of wood, and write on it, ‘Belonging to Joseph (that is, to Ephraim) and all the Israelites associated with him.’ 17Join them together into one stick so that they will become one in your hand.

18“When your people ask you, ‘Won’t you tell us what you mean by this?’ 19say to them, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I am going to take the stick of Joseph—which is in Ephraim’s hand—and of the Israelite tribes associated with him, and join it to Judah’s stick. I will make them into a single stick of wood, and they will become one in my hand.’ 20Hold before their eyes the sticks you have written on 21and say to them, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I will take the Israelites out of the nations where they have gone. I will gather them from all around and bring them back into their own land. 22I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel. There will be one king over all of them and they will never again be two nations or be divided into two kingdoms. 23They will no longer defile themselves with their idols and vile images or with any of their , for I will save them from all their sinful backsliding,b and I will cleanse them. They will be my people, and I will be their God.

24“ ‘My servant David will be king over them, and they will all have one shepherd. They will follow my laws and be careful to keep my decrees. 25They will live in the land I gave to my servant Jacob, the land where your ancestors lived. They and their children and their children’s children will live there forever, and David my servant will be their prince forever. 26I will make a covenant of peace with them; it will be an everlasting covenant. I will establish them and increase their numbers, and I will put my sanctuary among them forever. 27My dwelling place will be with them; I will be their God, and they will be my people. 28Then the nations will know that I the Lord make Israel holy, when my sanctuary is among them forever.’ ”

ELLEN WHITE'S ENDORSEMENT OF THE 2520 PROPHESY

In Early Writings she informs us that the Lord held His hand over a singular mistake in some of the figures, which is expressed in the plural. Those who wish to reject the 2520 refuse to receive these facts. It is only a singular mistake in some of the figures. We are called to rightly divide the word of truth.

?I have seen that the 1843 chart was directed by the hand of the Lord, and that it should not be altered; that the figures were as He wanted them; that His hand was over and hida mistakein some ofthe figures, so that none could see it, until His hand was removed.?Early Writings, 7–75.

It is a mistake (singular) in some (plural) figures. Those who reject the truth of the 2520 refuse to allow the prophetess to specifically define and identify what the mistake was, though she does so in the very same book:

?I saw the people of God joyful in expectation, looking for their Lord. But God designed to prove them. His hand covered a mistake in the reckoning of the prophetic periods. Those who were looking for their Lord did not
discover this mistake, and the most learned men who opposed the time also failed to see it. . . .?Those faithful, disappointed ones, who could not understand why their Lord did not come, were not left in darkness. Again they were led to their Bibles to search the prophetic periods. The hand of the Lord was removed from the figures, and the mistake was explained. They saw that the prophetic periods reached to 1844, and that the same evidence
which they had presented to show that the prophetic periods closed in 1843, proved that they would terminate in 1844.
Early Writings, 235-237.

Here she is consistent with herself as she reaffirms that it is ?a mistake? (singular) and ?the mistake? (singular). She is also consistent in identifying that the singular mistake impacted?the figures? in the plural. But here she also
defines the ?figures? where the singular mistake is made as ?the prophetic periods.?Then she identifies that ?the prophetic periods?that were impacted by the singular?mistake were the ?prophetic periods? that ?closed in 1843.?The singular mistake that impacted thefigures, was a mistake that impacted theprophetic periods that ended in 1843; and there are only three prophetic periods on the 1843 chart that are identified as ending in 1843. Those three prophetic periods are the 2520, the 2300 and the 1335.

But the 1335 is different than the 2520 and the 2300, for the 1335 is not affected by the transition from BC to AD, for it begins in AD(508) and ends in AD (1843). There are only two?prophetic periods? (figures) on the 1843 chart
that the singular ?mistake? impacted. Those two periods are the 2520 and the 2300, and in thepassage she states concerning those two prophetic periods:?

The hand of the Lord was removed from the figures, and the mistake was explained. They saw that the prophetic periods reached to 1844, and that the same evidence which they had presented to show that the prophetic periods closed in 1843, proved that they would terminate in 1844.?

To state it a little more succinctly, she stated,
?They saw . . . that the same evidence whichthey had presented to show that the prophetic periods closed in 1843, proved that they would terminate in 1844.?

The evidence that proved the 2520 and the 2300 year prophecies ended in 1843, was then recognized as proving that the 2520 and the 2300 year prophecies ended in 1844. How do you understand the authority of the writings of Sister White? She has just told us that the seven times of Leviticus twenty-six represents 2520 years of scattering that terminated with agathering in 1844. She has just identified that the grammar of the expression ?seven times in Leviticus is irrelevant!

That's just it.  Miller used only his Bible and a Cruden's concordance which I don't believe even has Hebrew or Greek.  And he discovered the 2520 first.  He couldn't have found the 2300 without first understanding the 2520.  So, the point it is, that he didn't establish his understanding on the Hebrew, he used other reasons which the modern theologians in their brilliance and splendor do not answer, because Miller based his understanding of Leviticus 26 on the sacred cycle of sevens found in Leviticus 25.  All SDAs who have had their mind poisoned by the false teaching of the structure preachers because of their turning the shoulder away from Christ by their method of Roman principle based hermeneutic will be hard- pressed to unlearn the things they have learned and to approach the Bible again with an honest open heart.

Isn't this why Jesus always picks humble men without theological training?  Satan always makes theologians his servants.  Elisha was a farmer, David was a shepherd, John Baptist was a wilderness man, Miller was a farmer, Ellen White had a deformed face and an elementary school education, and I presume that Jeremiah, Isaiah, Ezekiel and others had similar backgrounds. 

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service