Adventist Online

I have been looking at supposed SDA online sites. Unfortunately I am getting more and more confused with who is who..now I find this guy teaching a 2520 prophecy..and yep..by all accounts he is an SDA layman.

How many more are amongst us? Do you ever think you are reading an SDA site when in fact it's not of our teaching?

A Review of Jeff Pippenger’s teachings - Norman McNulty, M.D.

*** Adventist Online Admin Note ***
Since this discussion is the top search result on Google for the term "Jeff Pippenger", we have seen a 'round up the troops' movement of Pippenger supporters.  They come here to defend beliefs which the Seventh-day Adventist Church has found to be baseless.  Beliefs which have lead these same supporters of Jeff Pippenger to leave the Seventh-day Adventist Church.  This is a web site for Seventh-day Adventists by Seventh-day Adventists.  Each new member must answer "Yes" to the following question to create a profile here:  "Do you agree to uphold the principles and beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist church in your conduct on this site and follow the Site Rules & Guidelines?"

Our Site Rules & Guidelines includes the following rule:

12. This is a site by Seventh-day Adventists for Seventh-day Adventists.  We welcome all seekers of God's truth here.  We believe that God will continue to reveal His truth to His people as time progresses.  Thus we are constantly seeking a better understanding of God and His word.  We welcome all that are doing the same. That said, if it becomes apparent that your purpose in being a member of this site is to promote a different agenda and/or sow discord among the brethren, your ability to interact with this site may be restricted.

We ask that all members uphold the pledge they made when joining this site.

Views: 33205

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"I will here copy from another testimony, written June 6, 1863: "I was shown that our testimony is still needed in the church, that we should labor to save ourselves trials and cares, and that we should preserve a devotional frame of mind. It is the duty of those in the office to tax their brains more, and of my husband to tax his less. Much time is spent by him upon various matters which confuse and weary his mind, and unfit him for study or for writing, and thus prevent his light from shining in the Review as it should."" {3T 11.4}

She is not saying he wasn't of sound mind, just that his mind was taxed more because of office work.  He needed more time for study and devotion to write.  Kind of interesting because he wrote the 2520 article not long after this statement so they must have given him a break to write it.

My argument was for those saying James White was unbalanced or not of sound mind when he wrote the 2520 article, SOP speaks differently.

To me this is no attack upon James White. I believe that the 2520 was a truth that at the time they saw no need for. I cannot say how much time he spent in prayer over the matter. What I gather from Sister white's comments is that he had insufficient time to be doing the work that was before him. There some dies that year and there were other stresses. My main argumetn is that there is no record of this issue being dealt with by the church. The 2520 became forgotten. As should have been done 150 years ago, we are now looking at it.

In these last days satan is very busy trying to divide our church over issues that cannot be clearly shown from SOP or scripture (not just the 2520, now it's the feast day movement, spiritual formation, etc...).  I believe these things take us away from the present truth we should be sharing and satan is happy when God's people keep debating these issues that were given up years ago.  The way James White wrote his article tells me that the 2520 issue was being debated among the SDA believers back then.  He was putting it to rest by what he wrote!  Now 150 years later we don't trust that he knew what he was talking about so we have people resurrecting old beliefs and creating divisive issue.  Present truth is what we need to focus on NOW!

"Truth is straight, plain, clear, and stands out boldly in its own defense; but it is not so with error. It is so winding and twisting that it needs a multitude of words to explain it in its crooked form. Early Writings p. 96.

"I saw the necessity of the messengers, especially, watching and checking all fanaticism wherever they might see it rise. Satan is pressing in on every side, and unless we watch for him, and have our eyes open to his devices and snares, and have on the whole armor of God, the fiery darts of the wicked will hit us. There are many precious truths contained in the Word of God, but it is "present truth" that the flock needs now. I have seen the danger of the messengers running off from the important points of present truth, to dwell upon subjects that are not calculated to unite the flock and sanctify the soul. Satan will here take every possible advantage to injure the cause.

But such subjects as the sanctuary, in connection with the 2300 days, the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus, are perfectly calculated to explain the past Advent movement and show what our present position is, establish the faith of the doubting, and give certainty to the glorious future. These, I have frequently seen, were the principal subjects on which the messengers should dwell." {Early Writings p. 63

Notice she didn't include the 2520 or even elude to it.  These words were written for our day!

Lisa, the 2520 is simple. Much simpler than the 2300 days.

Her reference to "such subjects" does not include many things, (the 1335, the 1290, etc.) yet we see them all as part of prophecy. 

My suggestion is that we take time to study God's word, understand what it says, share and hammer out the truth individually and together. 

Where are the Biblical arguments? Will anyone address these? I felt that, at least, with Abdool we were discussing the Bible. 

Lisa,

The question is, "who is bringing division?" I definitely am not interested in it. I seek to study the Bible. Friends of mine get disfellowshipped under false pretenses, am I supposed to set aside my personal Bible study because some people think that it is dangerous error? I instead seek to present my reasoning. If it is wrong, I have no problem in setting it aside but when I see great light in it and only weak and faulty arguments are brought against it, I am encouraged in my study rather than discouraged.

You can twist my words around if you wish but James White did write the article, as I have always known. We are not trying to deceive nor are we deceived. You want to make something out of the fact he was quoting someone else. I sometimes quote others, when I write. Do you reject the quote as reflecting my views because it is not in my own words? The E.G White disc plainly makes James White the author and the quote is in quotation marks.

No twisting.  Just quoting what you and others actually wrote.

If you meant to write then what you are writing now, you should have done so.  Otherwise it looks pretty shady.  Writing what you wrote just now would have cleared that up.

But at least now you are saying that the EGW CD-ROM doesn't attribute those words to James White.

Yay!  We all agree that James White did not write that.

I am enjoying the discussions and praying that light will triumph over darkness

Was Uriah Smith unfit for study or writing?

Uriah Smith's paragraphs against the 2520 were directed at early Jehovah's Witnesses who were reapplying the 2520 to set time. Are we to have to accept every opinion of Uriah Smith's?Obviously not.

That fact that so little can be found that is against the 2520 in Adventist literature speaks volumes. It was a prophecy that died an easy death. In retrospect, we need to ask why. there can be at least two answers, First, it was a mistake that was seen an embarrassment to Adventism and they wished not to deal with it openly. Second, it could be a neglected truth, that at the time seemed unneeded and so was unheeded. How we answer these questions are important. I feel that it makes sense to take a look at these fragments of light and see where they go. We should not rashly dismiss things we do not understand. Personally, I do not understand the animosity to the 2520 that i have seen displayed within Adventism. 

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2021   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service