Adventist Online

REVELATION 6:12, 15; JOEL 2:31; ACTS 2:20; MATTHEW 24:29, 30; ISAIAH 13:10

I've been seeing this a lot on facebook, at this website, and some other places. Don't understand why all of the sudden this is being brought up because the first occurrence of the moon turning into blood  happened in May 19, 1780. 

A little background on the dark day. It happened in the Northern Hemisphere of the world (specifically in New England and Eastern Canada.) Around noon, everything went pitch black and that night the moon was red as blood. It's called dual application of prophecy. 

We touched based on the basics of the prophecy that supposedly been fulfilled. now do you think these occurrences will happen of those dates, and why on those specific dates? 

Views: 2774

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes You are Right Stewart, then again those signs we had then may be all the signs we are going to get.  

I strongly believe that the dark day that happened in 1780 was a divine phenomenon because it occurred in New England and Eastern Canada. An eclipse can happen a vast area of the world.

I'm going to be upfront with everyone, I gave a Bible Study with my Adventist Christian Fellowship group at Kennesaw State University 5 days before the first blood moon happened. 

If you guys are interested, I'm going to post my notes in a PDF so everyone can take a look. 

Attachments:

Thanks Gabe I do believe that study is quite correct Thank you and Happy Sabbath

Yes thanks Gabriel, I read your pdf file on blood moons, it was interesting...do you have a more detailed one, as you cited you did much research in some areas ?

Happy Sabbath

Shalom

Hi Rob,

Yes!, A friend of mine sent me this for my prep for the study

KEYS RE: 2015'S HEAVENLY SIGN :

1) The Jewish Talmud (book of tradition & interpretation) says: "When the MOON is in eclipse, it is a "bad omen for Israel".

2) When the MOON'S FACE IS RED AS BLOOD, it is "a bad omen for Jews & the nation of Israel."

3) A TOTAL SOLAR ECLIPSE indicatesjudgment, not to Israel, but to the Gentile nations, "as a sword coming to the world."

___________ 2015 ___________

IN 2015, a once-in-a-century heavenly pattern will occur : 

Specifically, on MARCH 20, 2015 a TOTAL SOLAR ECLIPSE will occur (being the 1st Calendar Day of the Jewish New Year). 

2 weeks later, the 3rd BLOOD MOON(of 4) will occur on April 4, 2015 (Passover).

This is a MAJOR HEAVENLY SIGN in today's End Times for ISRAEL and the entire world, as to the Nearness of Christ.

Facts : Eclipses & ISRAEL
1949 Israeli War of Independence : 4 total lunar eclipses occurredon the Jewish Holidays of Passover and Feast of Tabernacles in 1949 & 1950 during the Israeli War of Indepen- dence after the U.N. declared Israel to be a sovereign nation in 1948.

1967 Six Day War : 
Israel recaptured Jerus- alem just 6 weeks aftera series of 4 red moonlunar eclipses began on the Jewish holidays of Passover and Sukkot in 1967 & 1968. The same red blood lunar eclipse sequence took place less than 20 years earlier when Israel became a nation in 1948. 

A series of 3 Total Solar eclipses occurred in 2008 - 2009 - 2010 on the First day of Av.The Jewish month of Av is associated with tragedy and historically is linked to tremendous suffering and affliction. The 1st and 2nd Jewish Temple's were destroy- ed on the 9th of Av which is known to be a Jewish Friday the 13th
Pasted from: http://www.heisnear.com/20142015Ahead.htm l

during the bible study my friends; I did not brought this part up because I felt it was not relevant however, a girl started talking about the  Israeli War of Independence and how some connection with the blood moons that happened during those dates. We had a great conversation and made my study more interesting. 

Good suggestion rob! 

Interesting link Gabriel, some things do not line up with Adventist faith, (rapture and rebuilding the temple 3rd time) but the link does show a remarkable tetrad next year

Jewish new year solar eclipse March 20 2015 

Jewish Passover lunar eclipse April 4 2015

Joe 2:31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.

Such events sound nice, as John says might be a distraction....remember Satan needs an entrance too before Jesus comes...and He needs mowed signs and feast keepers too, the Jews will be deceived...most are still waiting for a Jesus to come....

I tend to believe the sun darkens and blood moon next night happens on a NON NASA predicted cycle of time, a supernatural sign....and following a mowed time as EGW uses and the rest of  the world does not based on 1844....

Now is the time to practice our deepening relationship with Jesus

SHalom

We do not believe either in the rapture and the rebuilding of the temple, PERIOD!

The First tetrad, nothing happened in Israel so I believe the this is a worldwide phenomenon.

I am surprised that the Dark Day of 1780 happened in a small area of the United States.

Rob said.. Now is the time to practice our deepening relationship with Jesus

Amen!

I read somewhere that there was a scientific explanation for it (the 1780 dark day), I think it was wikipedia or something, which said it had to do with thick smoke/pollution.  That tells me that it can happen for scientific reasons- such as from natural disasters/ volcanic ash.    I believe that Revelation is telling us much about actual events that will take place.  Thus, when we see these disasters, especially of a world-wide scale, we can understand that the prophecies are fulfilling.  If some are waiting for something purely spiritual or supernatural to occur they may never recognize the signs that are all around us.

Vicki, there has been rumors about forest fires in Eastern Canada, however, they haven't found traces of ash in the "areas" affected. Plus fires cannot cause everything to go pitch black to cover an entire region. 

In some reports, the darkness went all the way into Albany, New York.

Now, here are some quotes from people who experienced the dark day.

"The dark day, May 19, 1780, is thus described by Mr. Stone, in his 'History of Beverly :"The night succeeding that day was of such pitchy darkness, that, in some instances, horses could not be compelled to leave the stable when wanted for service. About midnight, the clouds were dispersed. and the moon and stars appeared, with unimpaired brilliancy.

A very general opinion prevailed, that the Day of Judgment was at hand." Quoted in Connecticut
Historical Collections, compiled by John Warner Barber (2nd ed. New Haven: Durrie & Peck and J.W.
Barber, 1836) p. 403.

They haven't said anything about fire smoke.

This is the report from Wikipedia:  "The primary cause of the event is believed to have been a combination of smoke from forest fires,[2] a thick fog, and cloud cover. The darkness was so complete that candles were required from noon on."

It may have also been something supernatural, but I'm saying that if something is natural rather than supernatural that doesn't rule out the possibility that it's a sign from God.  As far as I understand the stars falling which the SDA church refers to was also a natural occurrence of meteors, but the fact that it was so huge and so long and when it occurred indicated it was a sign from God at that time.

In the same way, the blood moons are a natural occurrence, but God's specific timing of them indicates the Lord of nature may have intended a message through them.

Hi, could you post the link from Wikipedia? Thanks!

Sure, but you could just do a search with that sentence in quotes to get it, otherwise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_England%27s_Dark_Day

Thanks! :)

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com