Adventist Online

Recently in my homeland, the question of Christianity and being gay came up.
Some people wanted to know if it was an abomination to be a Christian and gay or if God made us that way and he was okay with it.

Many people argued strongly saying that "God made Adam for Eve and not Adam for Steve." but I was surprised that the question even came up.
How could someone even try to justify their sins and say that it was okay to be a Christian and gay when the Bible clearly speaks out against it?
What are your views on the topic?

Views: 95

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And you still claim to be in agreement with Ellen White on this matter?

Oh, that the people of God would take this to heart! That they would consider that not one wrong will be righted after Jesus comes! Not one error of character will be removed when Christ shall come. Now is our time of preparation. Now is our time of washing our robes of character in the blood of the Lamb. If we go on excusing our errors and trying to make ourselves believe we are about right we deceive our own souls and will find ourselves weighed in the balance and found wanting. Many profess the truth but are not sanctified through the truth.--Manuscript 5, 1874, pp. 4-7. ("Testimony Concerning Brother Stockings," circa 1874.)

The truth of God has quarried you out of the world to be squared and hewed and fitted for the heavenly building. The robe of your character must be washed till it is spotless, in the fountain opened for all uncleanness. Your moral worth will be weighed in the balances of the sanctuary, and if you are found wanting, you will be at an eternal loss. All the coarseness, all the roughness, must be removed from your character before Jesus comes; for when he comes, the preparation for every soul is ended. If you have not laid aside your envy, your jealousies, your hatred one against another, you cannot enter into the kingdom of God. You would only carry the same disposition with you; but there will be nothing of this character in the world to come.

I will never advocate the popular theory that it does not matter what doctrine men espouse, if they only have faith. "Faith without works is dead, being alone." Genuine faith will be expressed by good works. We are looking for that blessed hope and the glorious appearing of the great God, and our Saviour Jesus Christ. We may not be living when Christ shall come in power and great glory, for all are subject to death at any time, but if we are righteous, in harmony with the law of God, we shall respond to the voice that will call the people of God from their graves, and shall come forth to receive immortality. It is only the blessed and holy who will be ready for the first resurrection; for when Christ comes, he will not change the character. The change that will take place will be that change spoken of by Paul when he says: "We shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump; for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality." The word of God declares that we must be found blameless, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing. Now we are to learn obedience, submission to the divine will, that God may work in us to will and to do of his good-pleasure, and that we may work out our own salvation with fear and trembling. But our own efforts are of no avail to atone for sin or to renew the heart. Only the blood of Christ can atone for us; his grace alone can create in us a clean heart, and enable us to obey God's law. In him is our only hope. {ST, February 9, 1891 par. 1}
Mark ... it is kind of hard to have a conversation with you when all you do is repeat the same old snippets with out looking at all the words of our prophet. I am not going to copy and paste like you do. People can see who you are. May I ask ... what church denomination do you belong to? You certainly do not sound like an SDA. Level with us Mark.
It's a sin against God. You can recall the story about the city of Sodom and Gomorrah. What did God do to the city? He destroyed it with fire directly from heaven, which shows that He hates what people in the city practices. He loves human, but He hates sins. God loves for gay person is equal as He loves you and me. However, the individual that practices this kind of relationship broke their own bond with God. God is not pleases in their activity. The Christian who practices homosexual relationship is not worthy to called themselves a Christian. It's a shame!
I would have to say that I agree with you Boyon. But I would go even further and say .... None of us are worthy to be called Christians. For we ALL fail to live up to the name. Praise God for his loving mercy and kindness.
I agree with you 4 Him... But still we called ourselves as Christians right?
Only because God forgives when we don't live up to the name.
so in other words, we should always try to live up to His name right?

So what happens when they ( the gay people) argue the point that they have freedom to be who they are and they also have freedom to practice whatever type of religion they choose. Do we just march up to them and say that what they're practicing is wrong? or do we try a softer approach?

P.s. thanks for the replies so far:)
Telling them they are wrong will not be of any benefit. That is the work of the Holy Spirit. But as they hear and learn of God in church .... they will have a better chance to learn of God and be converted.

But yes ... Jesus does give them and us "the freedom to be who they are and they also have freedom to practice whatever type of religion they choose".

I would propose that to some degree we ALL have some error in our understanding of God. What is not fixed while we are on this earth ... will be fixed in heaven.

But any gay person who attends our church most likely knows what we think about homosexuality. Give them credit for being exposed to the possibillity of being told how horrible they are for believing and being what they are. I would give them a great deal of credit for stepping foot in church.
Sis Godsqueen,
There's no one born gay!
It's a scientific fact, one is born male or female period
I for one believe that it is WRONG, its like stealing, lying, killing. coveting, etc....

There is no big nor little sin. Ppl will say that Gay is an abomination unto God but to me so is all sin. I for one cannot understand how ppl of the same sex can be attracted to each other. UGH but we are told that in the last days men would be lovers of themselves.

I believe that it is wrong, in my opinion ppl of the same sex cannot be lovers and still be Christians it is not of God. I believe a person who is gay can become a Christian, that is renouncing everything and giving all to God......allowing him to rid them of the demons that presents those feelings..

That is my two cents worth...

Happy Sabbath to all
Seventh-day Adventist Position Statement on Homosexuality

The Seventh-day Adventist Church recognizes that every human being is valuable in the sight of God, and we seek to minister to all men and women in the spirit of Jesus. We also believe that by God's grace and through the encouragement of the community of faith, an individual may live in harmony with the principles of God's Word.

Seventh-day Adventists believe that sexual intimacy belongs only within the marital relationship of a man and a woman. This was the design established by God at creation. The Scriptures declare: "For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh" (Gen. 2:24, NIV). Throughout Scripture this heterosexual pattern is affirmed. The Bible makes no accommodation for homosexual activity or relationships. Sexual acts outside the circle of a heterosexual marriage are forbidden (Lev. 20:7-21; Rom. 1:24-27; 1 Cor. 6:9-11). Jesus Christ reaffirmed the divine creation intent: "'Haven't you read,' he replied, 'that at the beginning the Creator "made them male and female," and said, "For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh?" So they are no longer two, but one'" (Matt. 19:4-6, NIV). For these reasons Adventists are opposed to homosexual practices and relationships.

Seventh-day Adventists endeavor to follow the instruction and example of Jesus. He affirmed the dignity of all human beings and reached out compassionately to persons and families suffering the consequences of sin. He offered caring ministry and words of solace to struggling people, while differentiating His love for sinners from His clear teaching about sinful practices.
How do you figure out that you are gay if you don't lust?

Both men and women are beautiful, we are fearfully and wonderfully made.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2021   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service