Adventist Online

i asked, because i have. there is one that i have been going to on wednsday nights.  i have no intentions of joining, just visiting. i find a number of people who seem to be  sincere about there walk with God.

Views: 126

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree.... I also have friends from other denominations and I like being in their company because of their desire to know christ and their bravery and courage in witnesing about it. I have also visited their praise and worship services and have been blessed! I'm going one tomorrow. So I don't think it is wrong, once you pray about it... go in faith!
before i was attending a Catholic Church when I learned Adventism. things were very different since then. and after a year in an Adventist University i got baptized to the SDA faith. i can remember that since our family was into Catholic faith, my parents would take us to church on Sundays. At first i was against it until my sister told me obey and go to church and join them. so Sabbath in SDA church and Sundays (while at home vacationing) in Catholic Church. maybe someone will ask how did i feel inside the church on Sundays. honestly i felt very worried, uneasy. i wasn't so comfortable to worship with images anymore and the worship services are quite different. i was also thinking that God wouldn't be pleased. but i was forced to attend but thank God later on my parents allowed us not to join them in sunday church anymore and respect our faith (my sister and i).

now, i don't think i would have the enthusiam to visit a catholic church anymore (in particular). but i can go to their church or other churches when needed just for example if i am invited into a birthday blessing or funerals.

also i'd visited other protestant churches given the invitations from friends. i did enjoy their church and they have also fellowship and good services. but i choose not to attend again. once is enough. i still miss our church and the blessing it brings to me every Sabbath. i just love our church though it's not perfect. i've seen how other people love their church too, and me too, i am contented in our church and our teachings i believe hold the truth.

you ask if it's wrong, for me a visit once leads to another visit and so on. and so it yes, becomes wrong. i say this because what they teach is different from what we teach. you woudn't know the difference at first but later on you will see the big picture and understand.
Daniel

Take heed lest while you think you stand, you fall. Here is an old poem by Alexandar Pope.

“Vice is a monster of so frightful mien, As to be hated needs but to be seen; Yet seen too oft, familiar with her face, we first endure, then pity, then embrace” Alexandar Pope.

No one is strong enough to place themseve where false doctrines are presented and not be influenced. I am not speaking about occasionally going for special occasions, as long as they do not come along too often. For when error is seen too often, we cease to see it as error.

It is a law of the mind that everything we pay attention to is permenaly stored in our brain and it will effect ever choice we ever make for the rest of our lives.</</u>b>

When the physical structure of the brain is studied, this makes even more sense. The point being, we need to carefully guard the avenues of the soul against Satan's intrusions.

"Those who would not fall a prey to Satan's devices, must guard well the avenues of the soul; they must avoid reading, seeing, or hearing that which will suggest impure thoughts. The mind must not be left to dwell at random upon every subject that the enemy of souls may suggest. The heart must be faithfully sentineled, or evils without will awaken evils within, and the soul will wander in darkness. "Gird up the loins of your mind," Peter wrote, "be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; . . . not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance: but as He which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy." {AA 518.2}

Here is some more good counsel in this area.

"How Satan Gains Entrance to the Soul.--All should guard the senses, lest Satan gain victory over them; for these are the avenues of the soul." {AH 401.2}

"You will have to become a faithful sentinel over your eyes, ears, and all your senses if you would control your mind and prevent vain and corrupt thoughts from staining your soul. The power of grace alone can accomplish this most desirable work." {AH 401.3}

"Satan and his angels are busy creating a paralyzed condition of the senses so that cautions, warnings, and reproofs shall not be heard; or, if heard, that they shall not take effect upon the heart and reform the life." {AH 401.4}

"My brethren, God calls upon you as His followers to walk in the light. You need to be alarmed. Sin is among us, and it is not seen to be exceedingly sinful. The senses of many are benumbed by the indulgence of appetite and by familiarity with sin. We need to advance nearer heaven." {AH 401.5}

"Satan's Strategy Is to Confuse the Senses.--Satan's work is to lead men to ignore God, to so engross and absorb the mind that God will not be in their thoughts. The education they have received has been of a character to confuse the mind and eclipse the true light. Satan does not wish the people to have a knowledge of God; and if he can set in operation games and theatrical performances that will so confuse the senses of the young that human beings will perish in darkness while light shines all about them, he is well pleased." {AH 401.6}

"Satan Cannot Enter the Mind Without Our Consent.-- We should present before the people the fact that God has provided that we shall not be tempted above what we are able to bear, but that with every temptation He will make a way of escape. If we live wholly for God, we shall not allow the mind to indulge in selfish imaginings." {AH 402.1}

Maranatha :)
Ray
JUST A NOTE REGARDING THE FORMATTING OF MY COMMENT.

For some reason, when I want to underline one word or short phrase, the program continues and underlines everything, likewise with the bold face. I'm not sure why, but I did not intend that the entire post be bold face and underlined. Please excuse this fluke in the foremateing..

Ray
Can we say that the word is only preached in our churches? can we say that we have nothing to learn from outside SDA? this would be really narrow minded thinking, when we are so self satisfied with ourselves thinking that we are the world. we should be open to the Lords teaching from any His agents. Let us not forget that God was able to speak through even a donkey and that too to a prophet..
it's the struggle of our church that sometimes we lose our focus. remember that we are the target of the devil since we are teaching the truth.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2022   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service