Adventist Online

I have not been active here for some time so I am not sure if a topic of this nature has been here before but I have been hearing from brethren that God does not destroy. Can you people enlighten me on this please using sound evidence if this is so or not. I am also doing my studies on the subject.

Views: 408

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What's confusing Leslie? 

Stewart, Good to see you back here I tend to agree with Reasoning that God does Destroy, there are not many examples in the Bible that is true. But never the less there are examples of God's executive judgements. Although I can agree that most of the time judgements are based on cause and effect. You quote EGW gave some examples and it is true But you need to look at it in context because the quotes Reasoning gives are also correct. 

OK Stewart give some more sounds interesting.

OK Stewart give some more sounds interesting.

2 Samuel 6:7 immediately came to mind.  God destroys Uzzah and God's anger burned against Uzzah.  Like you I am trying to understand this and particularly this verse. Even David was angered by what happened. What I take from it is that even though we might live a clean life in constant prayer we shouldn't be familiar with God in a disrespectful way.  Even so I have trouble with this verse. Maybe this will help with your study. The Holiness of God demands or causes destruction? 

The example of Uzzah should make us understand that even that God is near to us He still is far removed from us in nature. We retain the sinful nature while God is Holy. God tells us to be holy as He is Holy. We also need to remember that Jesus was like God in every aspect until He became a man.  

Jesus:

Phil 2:6 Who, being in very nature[a] God,
    did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
rather, he made himself nothing
    by taking the very nature[b] of a servant,
    being made in human likeness.
And being found in appearance as a man,
    he humbled himself
    by becoming obedient to death—
        even death on a cross! (NIV)

While some Preachers may Promote God as a loving and kind father we need to remember He is not like a father in a worldly sense, but God is holy and has none of those failings that a sinful nature entails. So when the measure of God's indignation is filled God will execute a Judgement that is severe but still fair and Just, as the examples of the Flood and Sodom and Gomorrah shows.  

See Idiom of Permission, figure of speech used in the Bible:

https://cffm.org/multimedia-archive/hebrew-idiom-of-permission/

But the flood was an exception, as it and the ark escape was designed to destroy the corrupted genome of plants, animals and humans brought about by the Fallen Angels, but also to preserve the human genome from corruption. There are other exceptions, such as the killing of the evil inhabitants before the children of Israel entered into the promised land. Those inhabitants were devil worshippers who also were altered genetically as well as spiritually. The Nephilim (and other name variants for the Giants) appeared both before and after the Great Flood. These were consuming the normal humans in great numbers. If Satan could have completely altered the human genome then the Messiah could not have been born, thus defeating the true God and the earth would probably be ruled completely by Satan. History repeats itself, the Satanic system is altering the plant, animal and human genome now as we speak, which is completely insane. If man can do that, what about spirit-beings (fallen angels?).

God's goodness includes preservation of His creation which takes precedence over His normal handling of situations, expressed by the figure of speech such as the idiom of permission. Otherwise, there would be nothing to rule over as God if the creation was not preserved until the time of the Messiah's first and to be yet second coming. The Great Tribulation will cause great destruction (a lot has already been done) to the earth and the return of the Messiah will be timely otherwise no humans would be left alive.

Please don't bring up any "no marriage in heaven" as an argument against the cohabitation of fallen angels with human women. The Nephilim is in the scriptures. Satan does not respect marriage given divorce rate here. Satan broke the rules of trying to be God, would he say Oh I won't break the prohibition of created spirits are not supposed to cohabitate with humans? He certainly did and does. See succubus and incubus also.

Oh Boy, what a load of foolish rubbish, where do you get all this from? Clearly, you have not thought this trough, like the Mark of the beast would be a chip.

Bullinger says (under section Idioma (i)(4), on page 823: "Active verbs were used by the Hebrews to express, not the doing of the thing, but the permission of the thing which the agent is said to do."

Companion Bible pages

James, you are so full of yourself that there is no room left for God. 

There are many atrocities and evil acts subscribed to God that a human beings wouldn’t commit unless that person is under the influence of the evil one. There are some things in the bible that cannot be embraced as actually occurring as we perceive them.  Also, the bible is a book of stories.

Throughout the ages people have attributed what seems to be evil or unexplained acts to God. 

Looking at the flood story, there were thing occurring at the time that we don’t want to explain or can’t explain; the Nephilim were in the earth in those days, and also after that, when God's sons came in to men's daughters…

How can God who saw everything that he had made was good abruptly destroy it?  How can God destroy every man woman and child in a city only to save a man who in turn had sexual acts with his own daughters?

Many things are just acts of nature or acts of scientific laws that are unexplained or explained as God did it, because those writing the stories did not know about science.

Many of these acts are outside of God’s character, unless God has a split personality. The bible says God is love.  Would love tell someone to go into a city and kill every man woman and child and every animal?

This type of love is consistent with the acts of evil men like Hitler and many others in the world.

Jesus declared the Father through his acts.

No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is Himself God and is at the Father's side, has made Him known.

Jesus is the express image of God, he declared the Father.  God was in him reconciling the world to himself, but why, only to destroy it?

God does not destroy; He is the Creator.

Because I, the LORD, do not change, you descendants of Jacob have not been destroyed.

Gene, you read the parts of the Bible that suits you. Take the flood for example where you said: "Looking at the flood story, there were thing occurring at the time that we don’t want to explain or can’t explain" ... "How can God who saw everything that he had made was good abruptly destroy it?"

The Bible explains why God did what He did.

Gen 6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
Gen 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
Gen 6:5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
Gen 6:6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
Gen 6:7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

Here It clearly says God regret he had created man and said He would destroy man on the earth whom He had created. For He as sorry He had made them. What can be clearer than that? You just need to read the Bible and there is no need to add your own explanations. And as in your case are faulty anyway. 

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2021   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service