Adventist Online

I have not been active here for some time so I am not sure if a topic of this nature has been here before but I have been hearing from brethren that God does not destroy. Can you people enlighten me on this please using sound evidence if this is so or not. I am also doing my studies on the subject.

Views: 407

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How can a God who is omniscience have regrets, did God not know the outcome of His creation?

31And God looked upon all that He had made, and indeed, it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.

Gen6:6And the LORD regretted that He had made man on the earth, and it grieved Him in His heart. 7So the LORD said, “I will blot out man, whom I have created, from the face of the earth—every man and beast and crawling creature and bird of the air—for I am grieved that I have made them.”

These are human attributes. Its like, I don’t want to play this game anymore, so I’ll destroy everything.  But what did it solve?

Yes, Gene, to you and me it may look strange, but then again we are not in a position to judge God. You need to understand that there are some things we will not be able to understand until the books are opened in heaven, another thing that you do not think will happen. 

Why did God save Noah and his family? Because God made a promise to Adam and Eve. Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel." This covenant runs right through the Bible, from Genesis to Revelation where the final end for evil will be put to an end. So forget about H W Armstrong and read your Bible.  

Gene, I can accept the fact that you believe the old testaments is just excessive science fiction.  However, do you honestly believe sin is just going to linger in the world for the rest of eternity since you limited God by saying he does not destroy? 

Or do you not think sin/evil exists?

Rabbit,

Your point is well taken in that regard.  But what does sin and God have in common? Sin is spiritual, it is of a spiritual, extraterrestrial source that came into the human world from outside. Yes, God will destroy sin and its counterpart; death which is the last enemy to be destroyed.

Sin and death corrupted the creation of God, not just us human being but everything of the creation has been altered because of it. So, in order to put things right all the enemies of God will be destroyed.

So to keep things simple God does destroy correct?

When the Satan the leader of those “angels which kept not their first estate” fell from his holy and exalted place in heaven, he caused on the universe of God an awful controversy. From the very nature of the controversy, there must be eternal antagonism between righteousness and sin. there can be no coalition or compromise. God in whom resides every perfection, would be a hostile to sin and to the author of rebellion. Because God, the foe of all evil, and at the same time omnipotent, could not, in keeping with His own nature, allow rebellion to enter within his realms, nor let it reside there forever. The intruder must be cast out, he must be destroyed. There can be no question as to the issue of this controversy between a holy Creator and a rebellious creature. God suffer that sin might make a full revelation of its nature and results to the intelligences of all created beings and this is why the controversy was not arrested at it's beginning. When sin is finally destroyed, there will be sufficient evidence to satisfy every mind that the controversy should not be allowed to arise a second time.

Related image

YES, AND HE IS REALLY GOOD AT IT.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com