Adventist Online

Doug Batchelor disinvited to preach Spring Meadows Church in Sanford.

Pastor  Batchelor was called a polarizing influence and has been punished.

When the leadership of the Florida Conference of Seventh-day Adventists recommended to the Spring Meadows Church in Sanford, Florida that the congregation reconsider its invitation of Amazing Facts speaker Doug Batchelor to a series of meetings in October, calling Batchelor a "polarizing influence18," the reaction was swift and, perhaps unsurprisingly, polarized.

Batchelor supporters and fans of his television ministry decried the move as heavy-handed, while those who disagree with Batchelor's strident anti-women's-ordination agitation lauded the move by the Florida Conference.

http://conversation.spectrummagazine.org/t/amazing-facts-says-batch...

On Monday, Cauley wrote on Facebook, “The power of social media is arresting. On Friday, we responded to four emails about our concern with the Speaker/Director of Amazing Facts coming to speak. Today, that reply is everywhere. Disappointing. It was not our intent to make a public thing of this.”

Batchelor has thus far not commented publicly. SpectrumMagazine.org.

So rather than listen to the word of God we are to be pressured by social media? 

To be disinvited is a political game learned from the world being played out on Doug Batchelor as someone pointed out to me.   The leadership of the Florida Conference of Seventh-day Adventists of Spring Meadows Church in Sanford, Florida  is only doing what it see's  the world doing.  So if they copy the world are they prayerfully following God?  I don't think so.  Here is a link to a list of colleges that do this type of thing to punish people they do not find politically correct.

https://www.thefire.org/list-of-campus-disinvitations-2000-2014/

It is a long list.   

The Goal Punish Pastor Batchelor for not being PC and also shut down debate.   If WO is so wonderful and so great why shut down debate?

Views: 1390

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's a lie Shannon, you should stop this

A lie? Which of the quotes I attributed to Batchelor above did he not actually say?

I was thinking about your Kind Shannon when I wrote my post. Pr Bachelor is a Preacher who stays with his subject right trough the sermon, I have collected his sermons here at my place for years from 3 ABN and Hope channels. I have newer seen him drifting from the subject at hand. I do admit I have not seen the Sermons you are referring to because my download allowance does not allow me to view those online. But going on what I have seen from posts from you before I know you once have taken a stance you do not give away to anyone or anything.  

"Your Kind"?  

Yes you are welcome to feel included Sarah if you like.

To be disinvited is a political game learned from the world being played out on Doug Batchelor as someone pointed out to me.   The leadership of the Florida Conference of Seventh-day Adventists of Spring Meadows Church in Sanford, Florida  is only doing what it see's  the world doing.  So if they copy the world are they prayerfully following God?  I don't think so.  Here is a link to a list of colleges that do this type of thing to punish people they do not find politically correct.

https://www.thefire.org/list-of-campus-disinvitations-2000-2014/

It is a long list.   

The Goal Punish Pastor Batchelor for not being PC and also shut down debate.   If WO is so wonderful and so great why shut down debate?

Its okay to be against Women's ordination.  In my ex-husband's conference there were a few pastors against WO, and a couple of them were pretty good pastors.  The problem with Batchelor (at least in the sermon I quoted) is that he completely kooked out.  "Most feminists are angry lesbians who want to be men"?  And he sources that to his mother?  That is considered reliable enough to make it into a sermon?  He should really stick to the Bible, or if he most go outside at least use a reputable source.

Being against Women's ordination is fine, but not completely kooking out on the subject.

I agree,  everything has to come from the Bible.  We are all called to be ministers even those of us who will not be ordained preachers, maybe it is not so much about ordination as is about other things such as peoples political inclinations.  SOP says a few things about men and women being ministers, but that is totally different from college educated then ordained.

Lord have mercy on us. What is wrong with us?  If Doug Bachelor is a polarizing figure , than what is Farrakhan? Or better yet, what is Pope Francis.  Bachelor tries to offend as little as possible. Infact, sometimes I think he should be even more blunt. To the best of my knowledge I have never witnessed Doug Bachelor say something without a source to back it up. That is not to say that he is infallible or perfect. I have heard him say things that could require more explanation, but the church should be uniting at this time, not dividing. But I guess this is God's plan. It is meant to happen this way. Soon it will be polarizing to keep the Sabbath too.

Ross 

Amen to that what you will find is that those who do not like Pr Bachelor are pro WO as we know Pr Bachelor is not in favor of WO. Yes true we see the devil at work here dividing us by these issues, and as you say one day it will be the Sabbath. The WO is a easy target for the devil because we have no direct scripture telling us "thus says the Lord" unlike the Sabbath where there is a lot of scripture. 

Batchelor does always use "a" source, I agree; but as a Pastor he should use  "the" Source instead - the Bible.

Batchelor: “‘Most of them [the feminists] are angry lesbians that want to be men.’ [You] can take whatever you want - I’m just telling what my mother said.”

I will go further and say "all feminists", not just 'most'....

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service