Adventist Online

Doug Batchelor disinvited to preach Spring Meadows Church in Sanford.

Pastor  Batchelor was called a polarizing influence and has been punished.

When the leadership of the Florida Conference of Seventh-day Adventists recommended to the Spring Meadows Church in Sanford, Florida that the congregation reconsider its invitation of Amazing Facts speaker Doug Batchelor to a series of meetings in October, calling Batchelor a "polarizing influence18," the reaction was swift and, perhaps unsurprisingly, polarized.

Batchelor supporters and fans of his television ministry decried the move as heavy-handed, while those who disagree with Batchelor's strident anti-women's-ordination agitation lauded the move by the Florida Conference.

http://conversation.spectrummagazine.org/t/amazing-facts-says-batch...

On Monday, Cauley wrote on Facebook, “The power of social media is arresting. On Friday, we responded to four emails about our concern with the Speaker/Director of Amazing Facts coming to speak. Today, that reply is everywhere. Disappointing. It was not our intent to make a public thing of this.”

Batchelor has thus far not commented publicly. SpectrumMagazine.org.

So rather than listen to the word of God we are to be pressured by social media? 

To be disinvited is a political game learned from the world being played out on Doug Batchelor as someone pointed out to me.   The leadership of the Florida Conference of Seventh-day Adventists of Spring Meadows Church in Sanford, Florida  is only doing what it see's  the world doing.  So if they copy the world are they prayerfully following God?  I don't think so.  Here is a link to a list of colleges that do this type of thing to punish people they do not find politically correct.

https://www.thefire.org/list-of-campus-disinvitations-2000-2014/

It is a long list.   

The Goal Punish Pastor Batchelor for not being PC and also shut down debate.   If WO is so wonderful and so great why shut down debate?

Views: 1390

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If that is true I can agree with that.

And it is true, above I posted twenty examples of things that Batchelor said in one sermon that were not sourced from the Bible.

I like Batchelor, I think he as done good things for our church,  so I am going to have to read and digest it and I agree that we should stick to the Bible. I may agree with you more than you think but that is why we have to study and compare to the Bible.

Yes there are pastors who put on a show.  The WO contention is disturbing and that is why I posted this. 

LOl,  are you saying that researches used in a sermon should come from the bible? 

Its not up to me what Pastors "should' do.  Those Pastors who consider themsevles "hip" seem to preach on whatever they want.  I want a pastor who sources everything to the Bible, that is who I am going to invite if it is up to me.  If you want a Pastor who wanders all over the place then invite someone like that.

Thanks for posting this.

Don't waste your time Bart.

I can see that now, Thomas.  This reads more like a twitter feed than a discussion.  There was only one post with substance and then there were things like a "couple of discussion", disrespect,  the cost and a letter than someone read but cannot divulge.   

You know its interesting People say its because of WO. I even thought it was and the topic was brought up in church here in florida and my pastor stood up and Said Mr. Cauley said its  not that but if we new what it was we wouldn't want him to speak. which is curious. I can't say I know whats going on but I think we need to pray for our leaders. Satan is out to destroy us and our church. We need to focus on changing our own hearts and be more concerned about getting the gospel to the world. Time is almost out.

I think we need to pray for our leaders.

Amen!

Wisest words on this thread.  

Yes Bart and we will see more of this as time wears on I'm sure. Pr Bachelor is very much Biblical based and of cause the WO lobby would not like to hear his Biblical based arguments. As it says in 2Tim. 

2Tim 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; 2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. 5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

Batchelor is a Bible preacher in that he believes in the Bible, which is better than some of these new preachers.  But he is not a Bible preacher in the old schoool sense where whole sermons are based on the Bible.  His sermons can quickly degenerate into little more than his opinions that have nothing to do with the Bible.  I posted 20 examples earlier in this thread.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service