Adventist Online

How can We Expect to Reign With Christ For 1000 Years, If We Don’t Understand the Nature Of The Godhead?

Trinity is Satan’s description of God, he is not called the great dragon …which deceives the whole world for no reason; this is a title that God gave him. If he can deceive us about God, then he can deceive us about our future with God. If Satan can deceive us to worship God as a trinity, he then can deceive us into worshipping him, he’s the god of the trinity. God’s cry is through the angel flying in the midst of heaven, Worship him who made the heavens, the earth, the sea and the springs of water.

Revelation 20:6 says, Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Through His revelation, the Eternal Father once again gives us a detail view of the Godhead. He that hath part in the first resurrection… shall be priests of God and of Christ. Let’s be truthful, nowhere is the Holy Spirit mentioned as being part of the Godhead; why?

Up until this point in God’s plan, the Godhead has only consisted of 2 God being; the same two beings that John spoke of as in the beginning (John1:1). The same God beings acknowledged by the apostles when addressing the church (the Word and God, God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, and here in Revelation 20:4-6, we see the family of God; God and Christ.)

Those of the first resurrection are called Bless; they are about to join the God family. This is something that Satan could never do, he could not become a member of the God family. But what if he could deceive the human beings concerning their potential? if the Godhead was a trinity and not a family, there would be no room for you in the family of God.

But those of the first resurrection shall reign with Christ. Some versions use the term rule, this word means to be king. When Christ reign He shall be King of kings, and those who reign with Him shall be His kings. They will have all the authority to rule just as Christ, for they shall to be king with Him. They shall also be priests of God and of Christ. (Praise God!)

A priest is one who minister the law, a minister teaches the law and the way of God. These human being who are now in the God family, will be rule as kings with Christ, and teach and minister to law of God.

Now it will come about that In the last days [are we living in the last days?] The mountain of the house of the LORD Will be established as the chief of the mountains, And will be raised above the hills; And all the nations will stream to it.

Many peoples will come and say, "Come, let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the temple of the God of Jacob. He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths." The law will go out from Zion, the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

We know that when Christ reigns, He will have kings and priests ruling with Him to teach the nations His way, so they may walk in His path. ONLY THE GOD FAMILY WILL BE AUTHORIZED TO DO THIS!

Views: 1821

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We know that a spirit will guide any who open the word but the important question is: 'what spirit?'

The spirit in which you come to the investigation of the Scriptures will determine the character of the assistant at your side. Angels from the world of light will be with those who in humility of heart seek for divine guidance. But if the Bible is opened with irreverence, with a feeling of self-sufficiency, if the heart is filled with prejudice, Satan is beside you, and he will set the plain statements of God’s word in a perverted light.—Testimonies to Ministers, 107-108.

True Jason, and the only way to know the truth of God is by every word that comes from God, and not by some religious doctrine.  Jesus said, If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God…

God word is His will, not our words.

Gene said, "I see it as God projecting Himself into the world"

I think all of us see it that way. The difference is, I suppose, that I see three projections into the world. The third projection, His Holy Spirit, is, to quote Spirit of Prophecy as much a person as you or I.

(This is something that we haven't addressed: how you, as a Seventh-day Adventist, deal with the fact that you directly contradict Spirit of Prophecy.)

The Bible describes the Holy Spirit as being able to function independently even that we can grieve the Holy Spirit.

Given that the Holy Spirit is God and that it functions independently of the Father & Jesus and behaves as a Person (1 Cor.12:11) we are presented with a third manifestation of God in human affairs - the indwelling, empowering God. It is this revelation of the personality and independence of the Holy Spirit that convinces me that it can only be the Third Person of the Godhead. Otherwise, the Holy Spirit becomes relegated to being an impersonal force or power coming from the Father via Jesus. If that were so it would deny the very omniscience of God, the total knowledge of God, and the Holy Spirit would not be able to have any independence of function and thereby not be fully God.

Bobby Said,

The Spirit of God bears the same title "God", yet functions differently from both the Son, and the Father.

…utilized to reflect the distinctness, and individuality of God manifested in 3. This speaks to the unity of 3 in 1

The Spirit of God is God’s Spirit, ie the “Holy Spirit” Look at it this way. Let’s go back to 1 Corinthians

For who knows a person's thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.

In other words,

Who knows the thoughts of Bobby, except the spirit of Bobby that is in him? Only Bobby knows his inner thoughts.

In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.

So I would have to disagree with you that the Spirit functions differently. The Spirit doesn’t function differently nor separately, but the Spirit function in union with the Father and the Son, it’s their thoughts that why it can bear witness.

Jesus said, Everything that the Father has is mine; that is why I said that the Spirit of Truth takes of what is mine and will make it known to you. John 16:15, Weymouth New Testament

Everything the Father says is also what I say. That is why I said, 'He will take what I say and tell it to you. John 16:15, GOD’S WORD Translation

The Holy Spirit is not separate from God the Father or the Word the Son it is God’s projected presence in us; the promise of the Father that Christ poured out to us. Acts 2:33

…for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure. Philippians 2:13

God projects Himself through His Spirit which invokes His will through the Power (work) of the Spirit of God in our lives; for it is God who works in you.

…Now all these things are from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation, namely, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself… 2 Corinthians 5: 18-19

For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. 1 John 5:7

Jason,

This  text is somewhat questionable,  most commentaries says the same thing about it. 

[For there are three that bear record in heaven] If there is one thing that is certain in textual criticism, it is that this famous passage is not genuine. The Revisers have only performed an imperative duty in excluding it from both text and margin. External and internal evidence are alike overwhelmingly against the passage. A summary of both will be found in Appendix D. But there are three facts, which everyone should know, and which alone are enough to show that the words are an interpolation. (1) They are not found in a single Greek MS. earlier than the fourteenth century. (2) Not one of the Greek or Latin Fathers who conducted the controversies about the doctrine of the Trinity in the third, fourth, and first half of the fifth centuries ever quotes the words. (3) The words occur first towards the end of the fifth century in Latin, and are found in no other language until the fourteenth century. The only words which are genuine in this verse are, For there are three that bear record, or more accurately, For those who bear witness are three: ‘three’ is the predicate; for ‘witness’ see on 1 John 1:2. 

For there are three that bear record in heaven,.... That is, that Jesus is the Son of God. The genuineness of this text has been called in question by some, because it is wanting in the Syriac version, as it also is in the Arabic and Ethiopic versions; and because the old Latin interpreter has it not; and it is not to be found in many Greek manuscripts; nor cited by many of the ancient fathers, even by such who wrote against the Arians, when it might have been of great service to them: to all which it may be replied, that as to the Syriac version, which is the most ancient, and of the greatest consequence, it is but a version, and a defective one. The history of the adulterous woman in the eighth of John, the second epistle of Peter, the second and third epistles of John, the epistle of Jude, and the book of the Revelations, were formerly wanting in it, till restored from Bishop Usher's copy by De Dieu and Dr. Pocock, and who also, from an eastern copy, has supplied this version with this text. As to the old Latin interpreter, it is certain it is to be seen in many Latin manuscripts of an early date, and stands in the Vulgate Latin edition of the London Polyglot Bible: and the Latin translation, which bears the name of Jerom, has it, and who, in an epistle of his to Eustochium, prefixed to his translation of these canonical epistles, complains of the omission of it by unfaithful interpreters.

And as to its being wanting in some Greek manuscripts, as the Alexandrian, and others, it need only be said, that it is to be found in many others; it is in an old British copy, and in the Complutensian edition, the compilers of which made use of various copies; and out of sixteen ancient copies of Robert Stephens's, nine of them had it: and as to its not being cited by some of the ancient fathers, this can be no sufficient proof of the spuriousness of it, since it might be in the original copy, though not in the copies used by them, through the carelessness or unfaithfulness of transcribers; or it might be in their copies, and yet not cited by them, they having Scriptures enough without it, to defend the doctrine of the Trinity, and the divinity of Christ: and yet, after all, certain it is, that it is cited by many of them; by Fulgentius  in the beginning of the "sixth" century, against the Arians, without any scruple or hesitation; and Jerom, as before observed, has it in his translation made in the latter end of the "fourth" century; and it is cited by Athanasius  about the year 350; and before him by Cyprian , in the middle, of the "third" century, about the year 250; and is referred to by Tertullian  about, the year 200; and which was within a "hundred" years, or little more, of the writing of the epistle; which may be enough to satisfy anyone of the genuineness of this passage; and besides, there never was any dispute about it till Erasmus left it out in the, first edition of his translation of the New Testament; and yet he himself, upon the credit of the old British copy before mentioned, put it into another edition of his translation. The heavenly witnesses of Christ's sonship are, 

the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost. The "Father" is the first Person, so called, not in, reference to the creatures, angels, or men, he is the Creator, and so the Father of; for this is common to the other two Persons; but in reference to his Son Jesus Christ, of whose sonship he bore witness at his baptism and transfiguration upon the mount. The "Word" is the second Person, who said and it was done; who spoke all things out of nothing in the first creation; who was in the beginning with God the Father, and was God, and by whom all things were created; he declared himself to be the Son of God, and proved himself to be so by his works and miracles; see Mark 14:61, &c. and his witness of himself was good and valid; see John 8:13; and because it is his sonship that is, here testified of, therefore the phrase, "the Word", and not "the Son", is here used. "The Holy Ghost" is the third Person, who proceeds from the Father, and is also called the Spirit of the Son, who testified of, Christ's sonship also at his baptism, by descending on him as a dove, which was the signal given to John the Baptist, by which he knew him, and bare record of him, that he was the Son of God. Now the number of these witnesses was three, there being so many persons in the Godhead; and such a number being sufficient, according to law, for the establishing of any point: to which may be added, that they were witnesses in heaven, not to the heavenly inhabitants, but to men on earth; they were so called, because they were in heaven, and from thence gave out their testimony; and which shows the firmness and excellency of it, it being not from earth, but from heaven, and not human, but divine. Gill 

Thanks Jason, I did say questionable, and that most commentaries. 

We must rightly divide the word of truth, not with human interpretation, but word of God. I have yet to find anywhere in God's word that say The Holy Spirit is the third Person in the Godhead; its always interpreted as so by the word of men. Let us endeavor  to understand the difference between God's words and the words of men. In 1 Corinthians:8:6 Paul defines the Godhead  as (One God) One (theós Elohim), the Father... And there is one Lord, Jesus Christ.  

…yet for us there is one God, the Father. All things are from Him, and we exist for Him. And there is one Lord, Jesus Christ. All things are through Him, and we exist through Him. 1 Corinthians:8:6  

I agree the Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father, the Bible tells us this, for it is God who works in you both to will and to work for his good pleasure. Philippians 2:13 

Thanks for the dialogue

It's hard to one on one time with your Gene, but thanks for your cordial discussion...with us all....

What about this verse

Eze 1:24 And when they went, I heard the noise of their wings, like the noise of great waters, as the voice of the Almighty (SHADDAY), the voice of speech, as the noise of an host: when they stood, they let down their wings.
 25 And there was a voice from the firmament that was over their heads, when they stood, and had let down their wings.
 26 ¶ And above the firmament that was over their heads was the likeness of a throne, as the appearance of a sapphire stone: and upon the likeness of the throne was the likeness as the appearance of a man above upon it.

Notice the parallels here, the wings, angels, and Shadday around the throne...

The Being like a man in the throne is YAHWEH, I get from reading the context, that the Shadday is not in the throne or on the throne, but surrounding the throne.....asking those near to hush for the Being sitting on the throne....

Is that how you read this passage ?

If so, the Shadday is not the member of the Godhead sitting on the throne....

Shadday is another name for Holy Sprit...

SHalom

Sorry Gene but anyone can play with English translations..... I can do something similar too

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

This text tells me Jesus is the Father....

Now we have one God....there is no other Father or Holy Spirit....

You cannot just look up one text to suit a theory of faith

Nor ignore the Hebrew meanings....English is a poor substitute

SHalom

Rob, you sound like I wrote the Bible; the apostle Paul said it; how do you read it?

…yet for us there is one God, the Father. All things are from Him, and we exist for Him. And there is one Lord, Jesus Christ. All things are through Him, and we exist through Him. 1 Corinthians 8:6  

Isa 9:6 is a very powerful and beautiful vision; soon Christ will be The Prince of Peace, and everything the scripture suggest, but is another topic.

Come and see what the Lord has done, the desolations he has brought on the earth. He makes wars cease to the ends of the earth. He breaks the bow and shatters the spear; he burns the shields with fire. Psalm 46

He will judge between the nations and will settle disputes for many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Isa. 2:4

In that day I will make a covenant for them with the beasts of the field, the birds in the sky and the creatures that move along the ground. Bow and sword and battle I will abolish from the land, so that all may lie down in safety. Hosea 2:18

I think Rob's point (correct me if I'm wrong) is that we are using English translations of what the Bible authors wrote, not their original words.  Rob then gave examples of English translations that seem to say things that don't fit with proper interpretation of Scripture (that Jesus is the Everlasting Father for example).

We must take the whole of scripture into account in our interpretation.  Not just one verse which has been translated from another language.  So we look to the whole of scripture and let the original languages enlighten our interpretation.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2021   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service