Adventist Online

Hi everyone. My neighbour has diabetes and I'd like to help him by giving him some advice on his diet. Can anyone help me?

So far I have a list of foods to eat and not to eat. here's my List:

Foods to eat:

Whole grain bread
Vegetables
Green bananas
Dasheen

Yams
Sweet potatoes
Breadfruit

High fiber Foods such as:
Avocados

Coconut
Okra

Split Peas

Lentils

Almonds

Black beans

Nuts (almonds, walnuts)

Foods High in Chromium such as:

Broccoli

Green Beans
Beef (from cows fed with grass)

other:

Spinach

Cinnamon
Turmeric
Parsley

Fish oil (like Cod liver oil)

Olive oil

Coconut oil

Foods not to eat:

White Bread

White flour

potatoes

white rice

pasta

fried foods

Juice

bananas

dumplin

vegetable oil

soybean oil

cotteenseed oil

Canola oil

Does anyone have any additional information on how to reverse type II diabetes? anything besides exercise, because my neighbour can hardly walk... or maybe he can do exercises without using his legs? hmm I never thought about that until now. Is that a good idea?

Views: 312

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Actually potatoes are good for diabetics, google the book the Starch Solution written by an SDA doctor.  I would eliminate even whole wheat bread, here is some info:

http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/2012/09/diabetes-cured-by-wheat-belly/ 

Oh

I see

ok, thanks Derrick

I beat it already.  Diet change, and well, a lot of weight loss due to my Oculo pharyngeal Muscular Dystrophy.  A genetic heritage that afflicts those of us with certain Jewish heritage.  It is off the chart as far as the alleles are concerned.  I caught it from my mother who was half Jewish, whose mother was of an Eastern European variety, and was a carrier (and ironically an Atheist but genetically Jewish).  So, I guess some of the stereo-types have some basis in reality about the health of those of us with Jewish heritage.  We can't all be lucky like Doug Batchelor..

I have been using his diet and my morning blood sugar is down to 80, its surprising even to me.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2021   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service