Adventist Online

Peace

 Brothers and sisters of the SDA movement, this post is to show that the teaching within the Church that GOD'S Holy set times are done away with is wrong. Teaching the annual Holy Days of GOD are done away with weakens some our reasoning on why we should observe the 7th Day Sabbath. Let me show you how.

 When SDA teach about the 7th Day Sabbath, we use several reasoning methods to show that the 7th Day Sabbath is not done away with as many Christians believe. 

 One of them is, it was Jesus' custom  to observed the 7th Sabbath, and we should do what Jesus did, He is our example. For me, this is the most powerful proof that the 7th Day Sabbath is not done away with... I never heard anyone say there are things Jesus did that we shouldn't do, I always heard if Jesus did it, we should do it. 

 However, when it comes to applying that same reasoning to the annual Holy Days of GOD, that's not good enough for many in the SDA Church on why we should observe them. To me that's illegal reasoning, because you can't apply a reasoning point to one subject (the 7th Day Sabbath) and not use or ignore that same point on another subject (the annual Holy Days) that's within the same context, GOD'S Holy appointed times. 

 Whatever Jesus did, we should do. I don't believe anyone here will dispute this. 

 

 EGW: "The example of Christ is authoritative for every son and daughter of Adam.He represented the law of God in His life, giving to men an example of what obedience to every precept will accomplish for human nature. He is our example, and every one who is endowed with reasoning faculties is required to follow in His footsteps; for His life is a perfect pattern to all humanity. Christ is the finished standard of the character to which every one may attain. . . ." SD p.137

 

 With that said, let's ask ourselves, did Jesus observe the annual Holy Days of GOD along with the 7th Day Sabbath.. The answer is Yes! 

 


EGW: [Passover]-- " In the days of Christ the people had grown cold and formal in their service to God. They thought more of their own pleasure than of His goodness to them. But it was not so with Jesus. He loved to think about God. As He came to the temple, He watched the priests in their work. He bowed with the worshipers as they knelt to pray, and His voice joined in the songs of praise." SJ p.31

EGW: "Also in the fifteenth day of the seventh month, when ye have gathered in the fruit of the land, ye shall keep a feast unto the Lord seven days: on the first day shall be a sabbath, and on the eighth day shall be a sabbath. And ye shall take you on the first day the boughs of goodly trees, branches of palm-trees, and the boughs of thick trees, and willows of the brook; and ye shall rejoice before the Lord your God seven days. And ye shall keep it a feast unto the Lord seven days in the year. It shall be a statute forever in your generations: ye shall celebrate it in the seventh month. Ye shall dwell in booths seven days; all that are Israelites born shall dwell in booths: that your generations may know that I made the children of Israel to dwell in booths, when I brought them out of the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God." It was to the celebration of this feast that Jesus came. RH July 7,1896

 When teaching about the 7th Day Sabbath, and Jesus observing the Holy day, for me it's a slam dunk reason on why we should observe the Sabbath. Again, I never heard anyone say there are things that Jesus did that we shouldn't do. I always heard if Jesus did it, then it's good for us to do.

  


Lets look after the cross, is GOD'S people observing the Holy feast days of GOD? Lets look at Luke, Paul and converts, which were mostly gentiles

 
EGW: "At Philippi Paul tarried to keep the Passover. Only Luke remained with him, the other members of the company passing on to Troas to await him there. The Philippians were the most loving and truehearted of the apostle’s converts, and during the eight days of the feast he enjoyed peaceful and happy communion with them." AA p.390

  Luke, Paul and his Phillippian converts kept the whole eight days of the feast. If I'm not mistaken, this is about 20 something years after Jesus' death and resurrection. 

 Their actions is positive proof that the annual Holy Days of GOD were still being kept by Christian Jews and Gentiles. Again, this is the same reasoning towards the 7th Day Sabbath, 

 

Joe Crews: "In Acts 16:13 we have positive proof that Paul kept the Sabbath even when there was no synagogue and no Jews. He was ministering in Greece, where there were only a few scattered Jews and no synagogue at all. What did he do on the Sabbath? “And on the sabbath we went out of the city by a river side, where prayer was wont to be made; and we sat down, and spoke unto the women which resorted thither.”
Even with no church to attend, the apostle sought out a spot where religious worship was carried on—a place of prayer by the river—and preached to those who went there. Surely, no one can fail to discern Paul’s deep commitment to the Sabbath as we follow him in this unusual outdoor mission. Just suppose this Macedonian experience had taken place on the first day of the week instead of the Sabbath. Without question, it would be cited as absolute evidence for Sunday worship, and we would have to concur. But what possible arguments can one present against this example of Paul in true Sabbath keeping."

 Let's get some commentary from Steve Wohlberg Of White horse media, it's the tenth reason on why The Sabbath is not just for the Jewish people.


Steve Wohlberg (White horse media) wrote: " 10) Luke was a Gentile who kept the Sabbath. Luke was the only Gentile who wrote any New Testament books (he wrote The Gospel According to St. Luke and The Acts of the Apostles). Luke traveled with Paul and wrote, “On the Sabbath we went out of the city by a river side.” Acts 16:13. It was the seventh-day Sabbath, the memorial of the creation (see Ex. 20:11). Both Luke and Paul knew it."

 Applying that same reasoning, which is a good reasoning to use for SDA to use when teaching why we should be still observing the 7th Day Sabbath, it is one of the reasons that led me to understanding the Sabbath truth, because like people say, actions speaks louder than words... Taking that same reasoning and applying it to the annual Holy Days of GOD must be good too.

 EGW: "At Philippi Paul tarried to keep the Passover. Only Luke remained with him, the other members of the company passing on to Troas to await him there. The Philippians were the most loving and truehearted of the apostle’s converts, and during the eight days of the feast he enjoyed peaceful and happy communion with them." AA p.390

 Surly no one should believe they were sacrificing animals during this Passover celebration, so the argument that if we want to observe the annual Holy Days we must sacrifice animals, that holds no weight.

 Those who say we must be in Jerusalem to properly observe the annual Holy Days of GOD, that holds no weight. They were in Phillippi, not Jerusalem.  These are points of view that many SDA hold, because it's being taught by our teachers. 

 I highly respect Doug Batchelor, probably the most recognized SDA today.. I heard him teach on why Christians are not obligated to observe the annual Holy Days of GOD... some of them are, The Ten Commandments are written on stone, and annual Holy Days are written on paper, another one is, The Ten Commandments are inside the Ark and the commandments about the annual Holy Days are on the side of the Ark.. None of that holds any weight, because SDA fully understand that there are commandments written on that paper and put on the side of the Ark that we say are still binding, like the health laws.

 

 

Doug Batchelor: "2. Why did God give health principles to His people?
"The Lord commanded us to observe all these statutes, to fear the Lord our God, for our good always, that He might preserve us alive” (Deuteronomy 6:24).
“You shall serve the Lord your God, and He will bless your bread and your water. And I will take sickness away from the midst of you” (Exodus 23:25).

Answer: God gave health principles because He knows what is best for the human body. Automobile manufacturers place an operations manual in the glove compartment of each new car because they know what is best for their creation. God, who made our bodies, also has an “operations manual.” It is the Bible. Ignoring God’s “operations manual” often results in disease, twisted thinking, and burned-out lives, just as abusing a car can result in serious car trouble. Following God’s principles results in “saving health” (Psalm 67:2 KJV) and more abundant life (John 10:10). With our cooperation, God can use these great health laws to significantly reduce and eliminate the effects of the diseases of Satan (Psalm 103:2, 3)."

  The argument that the annual Holy Days of GOD are done away with because they are written on paper and on the side of the Ark, and at the same time saying laws (health) written on the same paper and placed on the side of the Ark are still binding shows that we shouldn't throw the baby out with the bath water. We have to properly identify what is the moral laws and what was ceremonial temple worship laws (the bath water).  We find that out by the actions of Jesus and the Apostles. Again, Jesus observed the annual Holy Days of GOD, so without a doubt we can say they are moral.

 EGW: "In consequence of continual transgression, the moral law was repeated in awful grandeur from Sinai. Christ gave to Moses religious precepts which were to govern the everyday life. These statutes were explicitly given to guard the ten commandments. They were not shadowy types to pass away with the death of Christ. They were to be binding upon man in every age as long as time should last. These commands were enforced by the power of the moral law, and they clearly and definitely explained that law. "–  RH May 6, 1875 

 The term ceremonial feast days is used often, but the term is not used nowhere in the Bible or SOP in the writings of EGW. But unfortunately many SDA use the term to strengthen their argument on why we shouldn't observe the annual Holy Days. Of course when we hear ceremonial, we automatically know the ceremonial laws was done away with at the Cross. So ceremonial is attached to the annual Holy Days. There were ceremonies done on all of GOD'S Holy Days including the 7th Day Sabbath , but the day itself is not a ceremony. 

 

 Where does this teaching come from? Who takes responsibility for trying to change GOD'S annual Holy Days? It's the same people who thinks to change times and laws, the Roman Catholic Church!

 

Daniel 7:25 (King James Version)
"And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.


 Most SDA know this verse, and we mainly apply it to the Sabbath, but it's talking about the Feast days as well... Lets go to several other translations of the Bible... It sheds more light on what these "times"(Plural) are..


Daniel 7:25 (Amplified Bible)
"And he shall speak words against the Most High [God] and shall wear out the saints of the Most High and think to change the time [of sacred feasts and holy days] and the law; and the saints shall be given into his hand for a time, two times, and half a time [three and one-half years].


Daniel 7:25 (New Living Translation)
"He will defy the Most High and oppress the holy people of the Most High. He will try to change their sacred festivals and laws, and they will be placed under his control for a time, times, and half a time.


Dan. 7:25 (New American Bible)

"He shall speak against the Most High and oppress the holy ones of the Most High, thinking to change the feast days and the law. They shall be handed over to him for a time, times, and half a time


Daniel 7:25Christian Standard Bible (CSB)

25 He will speak words against the Most High and oppress[a] the holy ones of the Most High. He will intend to change religious festivals and laws, and the holy ones will be handed over to him for a time, times, and half a time.


Daniel 7:25 GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)

25 He will speak against the Most High God, oppress the holy people of the Most High, and plan to change the appointed times and laws. The holy people will be handed over to him for a time, times, and half of a time.

Daniel 7:25Good News Translation (GNT)

25 He will speak against the Supreme God and oppress God's people. He will try to change their religious laws and festivals, and God's people will be under his power for three and a half years.


Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

25 He will speak words against the Most High and oppress[a] the holy ones of the Most High. He will intend to change religious festivals[b] and laws, and the holy ones will be handed over to him for a time, times, and half a time

   AT Jones gives a History lesson in the book Great empires of Prophecy, he said


"From Rome there came now another addition to the sunworshipping apostasy. The first Christians being mostly Jews, continued to celebrate, in remembrance of the death of Christ, the true Passover; and this was continued among those who from among the Gentles had turned to Christ. Accordingly, the celebration was always on the Passover day, the fourteenth of the first month. Rome, however, and from her all the West, adopted the day of the sun as the day of this coloration. According to the Eastern custom, the celebration, being on the fourteenth day of the month, would of course fall on different days of the week as the years resolved. The rule of Rome was that the celebration must always be on a Sunday." (Great Empires of Prophecy, 1898, p. 389 by A.T. Jones)

 At SDA crusades we like to show the Roman Catholic Church speaking these words against The Most High, and admitting they are the reason for this attempted change. Let see,

 For 25 Years Father Enright Offers $1,000 For A Bible Verse Commanding Sunday Observance:

“Dear Friend, I have
offered and still offer $1000 to any one who can prove to me from
the Bible alone that I am bound, under grievous sin to keep
Sunday holy. It was the Catholic Church which made the law
obliging us to keep Sunday holy. The church made this law long
after the Bible was written. Hence said law is not in the Bible.
Christ, our Lord empowered his church to make laws binding in
conscience. He said to his apostles and their lawful sucessors in
the priesthood “Whatsoever you shall bind on earth shall be
binding in heaven.” Matthew 16:19. Matthew 18:17. Luke 16:19.
The Cath. Church abolished not only the Sabbath, but all the other Jewish festivals. Pray and study. I shall be always glad to help you as long as you honestly seek the truth. Respectfully, T.
Enright CSSR.” June 1905

  It's not just the 7th Day Sabbath people of GOD, they take credit for trying to abolish the annual Holy Days of GOD too. Let's check out some more..

 This from the Catholic Catechism, by Peter Cardinal Gasparri, translated by the Rev. Hugh Pope, O.P., second printing, copyright 1932 and printed by P. J. Kenedy & Sons, Typographi Pontificii, 12 Barclay Street, New York, questions 203-206, pages 120-121.


(204) What were the festival days in the Old Testament?

In the Old Testament there were many festival days, but the chief one was the Sabbath, the very name of which signifies the rest needful for the worship of God, whence it is called "the day of rest."


"(205) Why is the Sabbath day not observed under the New Testament?

The Sabbath day is not observed under the New Testament, because in its place the Church keeps Sunday in honor of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ, and the coming down of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost; the Church also adds other festival days.

(206) To what, then, are we bound nowadays as regards keeping festival days holy?

As regards keeping festival days holy we are to-day bound to sanctify, in the manner proscribed by the Church, the Sundays and other Feast days appointed by her."

   This is from the Catechism of Pope Pius X:

2 Q. What are festivals?

A. In the Old Law they were Saturdays and certain other days regarded as specially solemn by the Jews; in the New Law they are Sundays and other festivals instituted by the Church

 Again, we know these statements all to well, however this shows it wasn't just the 7th Day Sabbath trying to be done away with by the Catholic Church, but the annual Holy Days of GOD as well. 

   After Paul's time, we see from the facts of history that this battle continued, there were Christians that were Gentiles like Polycrates that observed the annual Holy time of GOD when HE said to observe it, and not listen to the Catholic Church. 

 Polycrates wrote:  "We observe the exact day; neither adding, nor taking away. For in Asia also great lights have fallen asleep, which shall rise again on the day of the Lord's coming, when he shall come with glory from heaven, and shall seek out all the saints. Among these are Philip, one of the twelve apostles, who fell asleep in Hierapolis; and his two aged virgin daughters, and another daughter, who lived in the Holy Spirit and now rests at Ephesus; and, moreover, John, who was both a witness and a teacher, who reclined upon the bosom of the Lord, and, being a priest, wore the sacerdotal plate. He fell asleep at Ephesus. And Polycarp in Smyrna, who was a bishop and martyr; and Thraseas, bishop and martyr from Eumenia, who fell asleep in Smyrna. Why need I mention the bishop and martyr Sagaris who fell asleep in Laodicea, or the blessed Papirius, or Melito, the Eunuch who lived altogether in the Holy Spirit, and who lies in Sardis, awaiting the episcopate from heaven, when he shall rise from the dead? All these observed the fourteenth day of the passover according to the Gospel, deviating in no respect, but following the rule of faith. And I also, Polycrates, the least of you all, do according to the tradition of my relatives, some of whom I have closely followed. For seven of my relatives were bishops; and I am the eighth. And my relatives always observed the day when the people put away the leaven. I, therefore, brethren, who have lived sixty-five years in the Lord, and have met with the brethren throughout the world, and have gone through every Holy Scripture, am not affrighted by terrifying words. For those greater than I have said ' We ought to obey God rather than man' --- (Eusebius. Church History, Book V, Chapter 24. Translated by Arthur Cushman McGiffert. Excerpted from Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers, Series Two, Volume 1. Edited by Philip Schaff and Henry Wace. American Edition, 1890. Online Edition Copyright © 2004 by K. Knight; also Eusebius. The History of the Church, Book 5, Chapter XXIV. Digireads.com, 2005, p. 115).

  He covered from the Apostles to his time, and all observed the Passover on the day that GOD prescribed, the 14th day of the first month. 

 So the question many SDA have to ask themselves is, why are we taking the side of the Catholic Church in regards to the annual Holy Days of GOD and saying they are done away with, and not the side of Jesus, the apostles, and the early Christian church who continued to observed them? 

 

Blessings!

Views: 344

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for your post Reasoning, although I remember we have discussed this before and I am still of the opinion that the Passover has been replaced with the Lord's Supper. Here are a few quotes from The Desire of Ages.

“The Lord Jesus the same night in which He was betrayed took bread: and when He had given thanks, He brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is My body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of Me. After the same manner also He took the cup, when He had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in My blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of Me. For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do show the Lord’s death till He come.” 1 Corinthians 11:23-26{DA 652.1}

Christ was standing at the point of transition between two economies and their two great festivals. He, the spotless Lamb of God, was about to present Himself as a sin offering, that He would thus bring to an end the system of types and ceremonies that for four thousand years had pointed to His death. As He ate the Passover with His disciples, He instituted in its place the service that was to be the memorial of His great sacrifice. The national festival of the Jews was to pass away forever. The service which Christ established was to be observed by His followers in all lands and through all ages. {DA 652.2

The Passover was ordained as a commemoration of the deliverance of Israel from Egyptian bondage. God had directed that, year by year, as the children should ask the meaning of this ordinance, the history should be repeated. Thus the wonderful deliverance was to be kept fresh in the minds of all. The ordinance of the Lord’s Supper was given to commemorate the great deliverance wrought out as the result of the death of Christ. Till He shall come the second time in power and glory, this ordinance is to be celebrated. It is the means by which His great work for us is to be kept fresh in our minds. {DA 652.3}

Although EGW does not say directly that the Passover is to be abolished. To me, it makes it clear that we are now in a new economy and the Passover has lost its significance. While I came to think about is Jesus also celebrated the Hanuka, I do not know of any Christians that do this. 

I do have a brother who is a JW and they do celebrate the Passover but in a way that is absolutely not biblical there is a glass of wine passed around and no one partakes because they think that only a select few will be worthy to partake and the same with the bread. 

 

 

Peace


Ian wrote: , I do have a brother who is a JW and they do celebrate the Passover but in a way that is absolutely not biblical there is a glass of wine passed around and no one partakes because they think that only a select few will be worthy to partake and the same with the bread."

 Thank you brother Ian, can you believe that's my first post here on AO... I appreciate your response. Yes, JW do observe the Lord's Supper on the 14th day of the first month. I don't see why they don't partake of the bread and wine when said do this in remembrance of Jesus. I do believe a person must examine themselves before they eat and drink, because it's not a mere formality, it's serious.

1 Cor. 11: 24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

 In my post I'm just pointing out that the specific days GOD said to keep Holy in Lev.23 was still being kept Holy after the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Let's keep that mind as we go through the quotes you presented and that you believe is saying we don't have observe the days GOD appointed.


Just quickly, I'm glad we agree here,

Ian wrote: "Although EGW does not say directly that the Passover is to be abolished."


 I appreciate that observation brother Ian... The Passover covers a few things, there was the Passover lamb, the Passover supper, and then there's the Passover days itself, which started on the 14th day of the first month. I assuming your referring to the actual day, because EGW does say directly that the Passover lamb was abolished and says directly the Passover supper was replaced by the ceremonies Jesus instituted. But like you said, nothing directly saying the Passover days or the other annual Holy days of GOD being abolished.

 Now, If you believe ".. EGW does not say directly that the Passover [Day, 14th day of the first month] is to be abolished", then quotes you gave doesn't contradict the clear facts of history... and it means you are misapplying what she actually said. What are those clear actions & facts?

EGW: "At Philippi Paul tarried to keep the Passover. Only Luke remained with him, the other members of the company passing on to Troas to await him there. The Philippians were the most loving and truehearted of the apostle’s converts, and during the eight days of the feast he enjoyed peaceful and happy communion with them." AA p.390

  It's a fact that After the cross Luke, Paul and his converts observed the whole eight days of GOD'S appointed times... let's go further down in time,


Polycrates wrote: "We observe the exact day; neither adding, nor taking away. For in Asia also great lights have fallen asleep, which shall rise again on the day of the Lord's coming, when he shall come with glory from heaven, and shall seek out all the saints. Among these are Philip, one of the twelve apostles, who fell asleep in Hierapolis; and his two aged virgin daughters, and another daughter, who lived in the Holy Spirit and now rests at Ephesus; and, moreover, John, who was both a witness and a teacher, who reclined upon the bosom of the Lord, and, being a priest, wore the sacerdotal plate. He fell asleep at Ephesus. And Polycarp in Smyrna, who was a bishop and martyr; and Thraseas, bishop and martyr from Eumenia, who fell asleep in Smyrna. Why need I mention the bishop and martyr Sagaris who fell asleep in Laodicea, or the blessed Papirius, or Melito, the Eunuch who lived altogether in the Holy Spirit, and who lies in Sardis, awaiting the episcopate from heaven, when he shall rise from the dead? All these observed the fourteenth day of the passover according to the Gospel, deviating in no respect, but following the rule of faith. And I also, Polycrates, the least of you all, do according to the tradition of my relatives, some of whom I have closely followed. For seven of my relatives were bishops; and I am the eighth. And my relatives always observed the day when the people put away the leaven. I, therefore, brethren, who have lived sixty-five years in the Lord, and have met with the brethren throughout the world, and have gone through every Holy Scripture, am not affrighted by terrifying words. For those greater than I have said ' We ought to obey God rather than man' --- (Eusebius. Church History, Book V, Chapter 24. Translated by Arthur Cushman McGiffert. Excerpted from Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers, Series Two, Volume 1. Edited by Philip Schaff and Henry Wace. American Edition, 1890. Online Edition Copyright © 2004 by K. Knight; also Eusebius. The History of the Church, Book 5, Chapter XXIV. Digireads.com, 2005, p. 115).

 

Luke, Paul and his converts observed the whole eight days of GOD'S appointed times... and this brother Polycrates still observing the Passover on the 14th of the first month. Now, we can read something and come to a different or wrong understanding, but it's hard to confuse the actions of the early church.

 Let's go over the statements you posted from EGW, but let's remember where you stand,

Ian wrote: "Although EGW does not say directly that the Passover [days] is to be abolished."

EGW: “The Lord Jesus the same night in which He was betrayed took bread: and when He had given thanks, He brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is My body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of Me. After the same manner also He took the cup, when He had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in My blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of Me. For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do show the Lord’s death till He come.” 1 Corinthians 11:23-26. {DA 652.1}

 Right, we agree nothing here saying the annual Holy set days of GOD are done away with, just the understanding that Jesus instituted these ceremonies to replace the old ceremonies. A Holy day is not a ceremony, ceremonies were done on a Holy day.

EGW: "Christ was standing at the point of transition between two economies and their two great festivals. He, the spotless Lamb of God, was about to present Himself as a sin offering, that He would thus bring to an end the system of types and ceremonies that for four thousand years had pointed to His death. As He ate the Passover with His disciples, He instituted in its place the service that was to be the memorial of His great sacrifice. The national festival of the Jews was to pass away forever. The service which Christ established was to be observed by His followers in all lands and through all ages. {DA 652.2

 This statement from SOP is probably the best to make SDA comfortable in saying the annual Holy days of GOD are done away with at the cross, however that understanding would go against the clear facts of history, in that the annual Holy days were still being observed after the cross by the early church.

The statement says the "spotless Lamb of GOD,.." bought to a end the system of types and ceremonies ".... and in its place instituted the service or ceremonies that was to be the memorial of His great sacrifice.

This is the part many SDA hold on to as solid proof of the annual Holy days of GOD being done away with,

"The national festival of the Jews was to pass away forever. The service which Christ established was to be observed by His followers in all lands and through all ages.".....


 Let's remember the annual Holy days of GOD were national festivals, they were to go to Jerusalem to the temple were all the ceremonies took place, but now, with Jesus' new ceremonies it could be done in all lands. So... if Luke, Paul was in... let's say Phillippi with his converts, and the annual Holy days of Passover came, they could observe the whole eight days of Passover in that land, and of course observing the Holy days with the NT ceremonies Jesus instituted. It's not a national feast anymore , or its not required to be in Jerusalem anymore, they could be anywhere on earth.


 Its not a question of if brother Ian, because the facts are, they did just that,

 EGW: "At Philippi Paul tarried to keep the Passover. Only Luke remained with him, the other members of the company passing on to Troas to await him there. The Philippians were the most loving and truehearted of the apostle’s converts, and during the eight days of the feast he enjoyed peaceful and happy communion with them." AA p.390


The last quote you posted,


 EGW: "The Passover was ordained as a commemoration of the deliverance of Israel from Egyptian bondage. God had directed that, year by year, as the children should ask the meaning of this ordinance, the history should be repeated. Thus the wonderful deliverance was to be kept fresh in the minds of all. The ordinance of the Lord’s Supper was given to commemorate the great deliverance wrought out as the result of the death of Christ. Till He shall come the second time in power and glory, this ordinance is to be celebrated. It is the means by which His great work for us is to be kept fresh in our minds." {DA 652.3}

 Once again brother Ian, and we agree, nothing here saying the annual Holy days of GOD themselves are done away with, just that the supper ceremonies that was done before the cross was replaced by the supper ceremonies Jesus instituted.

Ian wrote: "To me, it makes it clear that we are now in a new economy and the Passover has lost its significance."

Again, I'm talking the set days, The Passover days hasn't lost its significance, if so, then Luke, Paul and his converts didn't get that memo... Polycrates wasn't past down that information from the apostles to his time... He rejected the Catholic Church orders to conform to their practices.

" .. Among these are Philip, one of the twelve apostles, who fell asleep in Hierapolis; and his two aged virgin daughters, and another daughter, who lived in the Holy Spirit and now rests at Ephesus; and, moreover, John, who was both a witness and a teacher, who reclined upon the bosom of the Lord, and, being a priest, wore the sacerdotal plate. He fell asleep at Ephesus. And Polycarp in Smyrna, who was a bishop and martyr; and Thraseas, bishop and martyr from Eumenia, who fell asleep in Smyrna. Why need I mention the bishop and martyr Sagaris who fell asleep in Laodicea, or the blessed Papirius, or Melito, the Eunuch who lived altogether in the Holy Spirit, and who lies in Sardis, awaiting the episcopate from heaven, when he shall rise from the dead? All these observed the fourteenth day of the passover according to the Gospel, deviating in no respect, but following the rule of faith.. "

  My brother, we can read things in different ways, but what can't be twisted are actions and facts of Christian history. Should we just ignore the facts of history that Gentile Christians of the early church observed Passover on the 14th day?


 How would SDA come to the date Oct.22,1844 if they wasn't observing GOD set times describe in Lev.23. It shows you GOD set times are still applicable after cross.


 EGW: "These types were fulfilled, not only as to the event, but as to the time. On the fourteenth day of the first Jewish month, the very day and month on which for fifteen long centuries the Passover lamb had been slain, Christ, having eaten the Passover with His disciples, instituted that feast which was to commemorate His own death as “the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.” That same night He was taken by wicked hands to be crucified and slain. And as the antitype of the wave sheaf our Lord was raised from the dead on the third day, “the first fruits of them that slept,” a sample of all the resurrected just, whose “vile body” shall be changed, and “fashioned like unto His glorious body.” Verse 20; Philippians 3:21. – {GC 399.3}
In like manner the types which relate to the second advent must be fulfilled at the time pointed out in the symbolic service." GC p.399


 In other words, the annual Holy set days/times are important to us in regards to Jesus' second advent. Day of Atonement on Oct.22, 1844, we still have Pentecost that points to the latter rain, also there's the feast of tabernacles which points the great ingathering that's to take place during the Loud Cry.


Zech.14 :16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.
17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.
18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the Lord will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

 
 In the future, The feast of Tabernacles sounds important to keep to GOD. But if you believe it's done away with then how important will it be to you?

Ian wrote: "While I came to think about is Jesus also celebrated the Hanuka, I do not know of any Christians that do this. "

 Oh ok, this is your response to Jesus doing something that we shouldn't and don't do? I believe this is built on one verse

 

John 10: 22 And it was at Jerusalem the feast of the dedication, and it was winter.
23 And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon's porch.

 Not sure if this is saying He celebrated these days or describing the time it was... SOP in the writings of EGW says nothing about Jesus observing Hanukkah. The Holy set days of GOD are in Lev.23, and Hanukkah is not there. I respect the time, and the experience the Maccabees went through.


Blessings!

Thanks for your Reply Reasoning

You wrote: “Thank you, brother Ian, can you believe that's my first post here on AO”

Amazing brother Reasoning I have always seen you here as one of the most active contributors, I find it hard to believe that this is your first post here, as you may realize I expect every day that we can not post here anymore because the owner of the site has closed it. I myself post blogs as a regular devotion and use this site to store them while I post these blogs on FB as well on several pages there. As I said my fear is that the AO site will be closed one day so I store the devotions on my computer as well, just so I will not lose them. If you have read my blogs you may realize that they are for the most part are quotes from EGW writings.

Reasoning wrote: “Yes, JW do observe the Lord's Supper on the 14th day of the first month. I don't see why they don't partake of the bread and wine when said do this in remembrance of Jesus. I do believe a person must examine themselves before they eat and drink, because it's not a mere formality, it's serious.”

I do not know how much understanding you have of the JW ideology? Suffice to say that they do not see Jesus as a Divine being equal to the father. Philippians 2:6-8. and therefore the Communion, the only one they hold in the whole year, has not much meaning to them, and their unspoken hope is that as on the Passover night in Exodus they will come out of their meeting place as the only people left alive on earth. While they think the angel of death will kill all who are not under the roof of a JW meeting place. You and I know that only one equal to God could have the qualification to atone for fallen humanity. As a pastor once pointed out to me when I was new to the faith Jesus as the creator has the capacity to atone for his creation, no one else can. A point lost on the JW's sadly. While the partaking of the wine and bread is not done because if they are not among the literal 144'000, and I mean literal as it is for them, where they believe you can only get to heaven as a spirit being as they misunderstand the meaning of “flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God” 1 Corinthians 15:50. So as I understand it “in a worthy manner” means to them that they can not partake as they are not going to heaven. As one pastor put it “they are a people dying with the bible in their hands.”

Reasoning wrote: “I appreciate that observation brother Ian... The Passover covers a few things, there was the Passover lamb, the Passover supper, and then there are the Passover days itself, which started on the 14th day of the first month. I assuming you're referring to the actual day because EGW does say directly that the Passover lamb was abolished and says directly the Passover supper was replaced by the ceremonies Jesus instituted. But like you said, nothing directly saying the Passover days or the other annual Holy days of GOD being abolished.”

So the Passover lamb was abolished? Why was the Passover instituted? As I understand it was to commemorate the night when the Angel of death went through Egypt and any house that did not have the lamb's blood on its doorposts would have their firstborn to die. Exodus 12:13  And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you when I smite the land of Egypt. 14  And this day shall be unto you for a memorial; and ye shall keep it a feast to the LORD throughout your generations; ye shall keep it a feast by an ordinance for ever.

 As I understand it we are now applying the Blood of the Lamb to the doorposts of our heart by partaking in the Ordinances of the Holy supper. I have not read anywhere that Christians are required to have unleavened bread for one week. Now it does say forever the word “forever” is an ambiguous term and to me, the meaning may better be translated as “as long as it takes.” Jesus by instituting the Holy Supper was making an end to the Passover ordinances and replacing it with the Holy Supper.

As I said before "To me, it makes it clear that we are now in a new economy and the Passover has lost its significance."

God ordered A certain day and week for the Passover What did Paul say? 1Co 11:26  For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come. To me that means no set time for the ordinance.

The bible makes it clear that there would come a time when a New Covenant would be established Isaiah 49:8  Thus saith the LORD, In an acceptable time have I heard thee, and in a day of salvation have I helped thee: and I will preserve thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, to establish the earth, to cause to inherit the desolate heritages;

Jeremiah 31:31  Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: 32  Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: 33  But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. 

Heb 8:6  But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. 

So to conclude Brother Reasoning the way I see it is that yes the Passover was not abolished and it says we are free to keep it or rest in the promises of the New Covenant made in Jesus blood that we now apply to our heart Jesus said if we do not we will have no part of Him.

John 6:51  I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.  … 56  He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him. 57  As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me. 

God bless my friend 

Peace


 Ian wrote: "Amazing brother Reasoning I have always seen you here as one of the most active contributors, I find it hard to believe that this is your first post here, as you may realize I expect every day that we can not post here anymore because the owner of the site has closed it. I myself post blogs as a regular devotion and use this site to store them while I post these blogs on FB as well on several pages there. As I said my fear is that the AO site will be closed one day so I store the devotions on my computer as well, just so I will not lose them. If you have read my blogs you may realize that they are for the most part are quotes from EGW writings."


 Yes, I noticed that you post a blog everyday if I'm not mistaken... That's really impressive.


As far as the JW's, I was just pointing out they observed Lord supper on the 14th day of the month, they got that right.


 Ian wrote: "So the Passover lamb was abolished? Why was the Passover instituted? As I understand it was to commemorate the night when the Angel of death went through Egypt and any house that did not have the lamb's blood on its doorposts would have their firstborn to die. Exodus 12:13 And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you when I smite the land of Egypt. 14 And this day shall be unto you for a memorial; and ye shall keep it a feast to the LORD throughout your generations; ye shall keep it a feast by an ordinance for ever."


 EGW: "The Passover was to be both commemorative and typical, not only pointing back to the deliverance from Egypt, but forward to the greater deliverance which Christ was to accomplish in freeing His people from the bondage of sin. The sacrificial lamb represents “the Lamb of God,” in whom is our only hope of salvation. Says the apostle, “Christ our passover is sacrificed for us.” 1 Corinthians 5:7. It was not enough that the paschal lamb be slain; its blood must be sprinkled upon the doorposts; so the merits of Christ’s blood must be applied to the soul. We must believe, not only that He died for the world, but that He died for us individually." EP p.190


 I believe the Passover is still commemorative and still points forward... Of course it pointed back to the deliverance from Egypt and the meaning of those events and ceremonies that was done, which pointed to Christ in giving His life freely so we can be free. Even though His death was and is fully sufficient to free us, we still look forward for the final deliverance , to be free from the bondage of sin constantly being around us, where Satan is always trying to trip us up. Where we go through the plagues and Passover from this world of sin to the Heavenly Canaan.


 EGW: "That deliverance was typical of the great atonement which Christ made by the sacrifice of his own life for the final deliverance of his people." 1SP p.203

 
 EGW: "The people of Israel praised God at the Feast of Tabernacles, as they called to mind His mercy in their deliverance from the bondage of Egypt and His tender care for them during their pilgrim life in the wilderness. They rejoiced also in the consciousness of pardon and acceptance, through the service of the day of atonement, just ended. But when the ransomed of the Lord shall have been safely gathered into the heavenly Canaan, forever delivered from the bondage of the curse, under which “the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now” (Romans 8:22), they will rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory. Christ’s great work of atonement for men will then have been completed, and their sins will have been forever blotted out. " PP p.542


 EGW: "By obedience the people were to give evidence of their faith. So all who hope to be saved by the blood of Christ should realize that they themselves have something to do in securing their salvation. We are to turn from sin to obedience. Man is to be saved by faith, not by works; yet his faith must be shown by his works. Man must appreciate and use the helps that God has provided; he must believe and obey all the divine requirements." EP p.192


 Ian wrote: " As I understand it we are now applying the Blood of the Lamb to the doorposts of our heart by partaking in the Ordinances of the Holy supper. I have not read anywhere that Christians are required to have unleavened bread for one week. Now it does say forever the word “forever” is an ambiguous term and to me, the meaning may better be translated as “as long as it takes.” Jesus by instituting the Holy Supper was making an end to the Passover ordinances and replacing it with the Holy Supper."



 Yes, you are right my brother, but your talking about ceremonial temple rituals, I'm focused on the actual set times/Holy days of GOD. They are not ceremonial feast days, unfortunately that term isn't found nowhere in the Bible or SOP in the writings of EGW.


 Again, a Holy day is not a ceremony, ceremonies were done on Holy days, Including the 7th Day Sabbath. People who observe Sunday and say the Sabbath is done away with use the same line of reasoning. Of course we have to tell them the 7th day is not ceremonial, it's Holy, its Moral. That's what I'm explaining to you brother Ian, the Holy annual Days of GOD (Lev.23:1,2) are not ceremonial, they are Moral.


 Don't take my word for it, look at the actions of the early church, they still observed those Holy days, of course without the ceremonial temple rituals that had to be done, but with the NT ceremonies that Jesus instituted.


 The annual Holy days of GOD has proven to be applicable after the cross, there's Pentecost, Day of Atonement Oct.22,1844, why would GOD stop using HIS annual Holy days in relation to the second Advent of Jesus?


 EGW: "In like manner the types which relate to the second advent must be fulfilled at the time pointed out in the symbolic service." GC p.399


 Ian wrote: "As I said before "To me, it makes it clear that we are now in a new economy and the Passover has lost its significance." -- "God ordered A certain day and week for the Passover What did Paul say? 1Co 11:26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come. To me that means no set time for the ordinance."


 In a sense you are correct, the Lords Supper could be done anytime of the year other than the one time of the year GOD said to have convocation.


 EGW: "The salvation of men depends upon a continual application to their hearts of the cleansing blood of Christ. Therefore, the Lord’s supper was not to be observed only occasionally or yearly, but more frequently than the annual passover. This solemn ordinance commemorates a far greater event than the deliverance of the children of Israel from Egypt. That deliverance was typical of the great atonement which Christ made by the sacrifice of his own life for the final deliverance of his people." 1SP p.203

 SOP says communion should  be observed more than the one time a year...  Paul didn't teach it wasn't supposed to be done on the Holy day GOD said to observe it... He honored that Holy day of GOD. As proven, the early church of Jewish & Gentile Christians was still honoring the Holy day on the 14th day of the month.


 Brother Ian, we have what you believe and what I believe, but what can't be twisted is proven facts of Christian history. Since you haven't addressed it, I'll post it again.. Polycrates, part of the early church, still observed the 14th day of the first month, he explains he observes that day to observe the NT ceremonies Jesus instituted because those Christians before him did the same thing, let's see who those early Christian church people were...


" .. Among these are Philip, one of the twelve apostles, who fell asleep in Hierapolis; and his two aged virgin daughters, and another daughter, who lived in the Holy Spirit and now rests at Ephesus; and, moreover, John, who was both a witness and a teacher, who reclined upon the bosom of the Lord, and, being a priest, wore the sacerdotal plate. He fell asleep at Ephesus. And Polycarp in Smyrna, who was a bishop and martyr; and Thraseas, bishop and martyr from Eumenia, who fell asleep in Smyrna. Why need I mention the bishop and martyr Sagaris who fell asleep in Laodicea, or the blessed Papirius, or Melito, the Eunuch who lived altogether in the Holy Spirit, and who lies in Sardis, awaiting the episcopate from heaven, when he shall rise from the dead? All these observed the fourteenth day of the passover according to the Gospel, deviating in no respect, but following the rule of faith.. "



 Do you disagree with these facts of Christian history? If not, then why do you believe observing the NT ceremonies that Jesus instituted on the 14th day of the first month is associated with what was done away with at the cross?


 What's wrong with following the actions of the apostles and those Gentile Christians, some who were martyrs that followed the teachings of the apostles and observe the same annual Holy days? Because that reasoning is good when it's applied to the 7th day Sabbath.



 Ian wrote: "So to conclude Brother Reasoning the way I see it is that yes the Passover was not abolished and it says we are free to keep it or rest in the promises of the New Covenant made in Jesus blood that we now apply to our heart Jesus said if we do not we will have no part of Him."


 Some in the SDA church teach to observe these annual Holy days of GOD is a denial of what Jesus did for us on the cross. So I appreciate your view.

  If your referring to the Passover days not being abolished, then we agree... That's what I'm explaining to you. Moral laws of GOD aren't suggestions my brother. .. the Passover lamb and Passover temple ceremonies was abolished, and of course replaced with the Lamb of GOD and the ceremonies He instituted, but the annual Holy days remained, as proven,



 EGW: "At Philippi Paul tarried to keep the Passover. Only Luke remained with him, the other members of the company passing on to Troas to await him there. The Philippians were the most loving and truehearted of the apostle’s converts, and during the eight days of the feast he enjoyed peaceful and happy communion with them." AA p.390


 Your saying we shouldn't follow Jesus, the early Jewish and gentile Christians example of observing the annual Holy days of GOD?


 If so, then like I said in my original post, that takes a reasoning tool away from SDA when teaching on the 7th day Sabbath , because we teach that the examples of Jesus and the early church is something we should follow... Thats unless we are talking about the annual Holy days of GOD? That type of reasoning is not legal in my view. The reasoning shouldn't change when we apply it to other Holy days of GOD.


  Blessings!

Peace

 Here is more proof that the early Christian church, from the apostles to the Gentiles were still observing the Holy day GOD said to observe.

  

A.T Jones gives a History lesson in the book Great empires of Prophecy, he said

 "From Rome there came now another addition to the sunworshipping apostasy. The first Christians being mostly Jews, continued to celebrate, in remembrance of the death of Christ, the true Passover; and this was continued among those who from among the Gentles had turned to Christ. Accordingly, the celebration was always on the Passover day, the fourteenth of the first month. Rome, however, and from her all the West, adopted the day of the sun as the day of this coloration. According to the Eastern custom, the celebration, being on the fourteenth day of the month, would of course fall on different days of the week as the years resolved. The rule of Rome was that the celebration must always be on a Sunday." (Great Empires of Prophecy, 1898, p. 389 by A.T. Jones)

 

 Brother Ian, do you disagree with the facts of history A.T Jones presented? If not, then here is more proof that the annual Holy days of GOD was still being observed way after the cross. So you may read something and come to your own conclusions, but what can't be twisted is the facts of history. 

 

 The fact, 

 "The first Christians being mostly Jews, continued to celebrate, in remembrance of the death of Christ, the true Passover; and this was continued among those who from among the Gentles had turned to Christ. Accordingly, the celebration was always on the Passover day, the fourteenth of the first month... "

  In remembrance of the death of Christ communion was done first by mostly Christians who were Jewish, and passed on to the Christians who were gentles... they all celebrate communion on the Passover day, which is the 14th of the first month. So how can you use SDA talking points when it comes to this subject, when the facts disprove what you are saying? Of course I ask that out of all due respect. 

  The fact,

 " .. the celebration, being on the fourteenth day of the month, would of course fall on different days of the week as the years resolved. The rule of Rome was that the celebration must always be on a Sunday."

 Unless you dispute this fact of history A.T Jones has presented,  again, why are you telling me observing communion on the Passover day (14th day of the month) like the early church  is not required and done away with?

 Unlike Rome in trying to promote their set days of worship in replacement of the set times of GOD, you do take the same stance in saying the annual Holy day of GOD are done away with... The rule of Rome was that those annual Holy days of GOD are done away first, then try put theirs in its place... Demanded that it be observed!!! 

  

 " The Cath. Church abolished not only the Sabbath, but all the other Jewish festivals. Pray and study. I shall be always glad to help you as long as you honestly seek the truth. Respectfully, T.
Enright CSSR.” June 1905

 Daniel 7:25 GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)


25 He will speak against the Most High God, oppress the holy people of the Most High, and plan to change the appointed times and laws. The holy people will be handed over to him for a time, times, and half of a time.

 Let's reason, If the annual Holy days of GOD was done away like you say Ian, then why did Rome feel the need to abolish something that was already done away with? 

  Thank GOD for our early Christian church brothers and sisters who stood up to this false teaching, like brother Polycrates, after going through those in the early church from the apostles to himself, he said 

 " I also, Polycrates, the least of you all, do according to the tradition of my relatives, some of whom I have closely followed. For seven of my relatives were bishops; and I am the eighth. And my relatives always observed the day when the people put away the leaven. I, therefore, brethren, who have lived sixty-five years in the Lord, and have met with the brethren throughout the world, and have gone through every Holy Scripture, am not affrighted by terrifying words. For those greater than I have said ' We ought to obey God rather than man' " 

 If people in the SDA church teach the annual Holy days of GOD are done away with, then the clear facts of history is being ignored in order to hold on to that false belief.

 Again, you can read something and come to a false conclusion, like I believe your doing in regards to this subject, but what can't be twisted are the actions of the early church.

 When we teach on the 7th day Sabbath we teach the actions of the early church observing the Sabbath is proof it wasn't done away with.. We go to facts of history to show Gentiles Christians were observing the Sabbath way after the cross. It's good sound reasoning, I've heard it taught that way in many SDA crusades. 

 It's illegal to take that same good sound reasoning and say it doesn't apply when discussing the other Holy days of GOD.

 Compared to the Catholic Church, There might be different reasons on why many in SDA church believe the annual Holy days of GOD are abolished, but there is unity in saying the annual Holy days are abolished. But keep in mind the Catholic Church/Rome is who came up with that lie. Let's check it another time, 

 This from the Catholic Catechism, by Peter Cardinal Gasparri, translated by the Rev. Hugh Pope, O.P., second printing, copyright 1932 and printed by P. J. Kenedy & Sons, Typographi Pontificii, 12 Barclay Street, New York, questions 203-206, pages 120-121.

  (204) What were the festival days in the Old Testament?


Answer: "In the Old Testament there were many festival days, but the chief one was the Sabbath, the very name of which signifies the rest needful for the worship of God, whence it is called "the day of rest."

   (205) Why is the Sabbath day not observed under the New Testament?


 Answer: "The Sabbath day is not observed under the New Testament, because in its place the Church keeps Sunday in honor of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ, and the coming down of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost; the Church also adds other festival days."


(206) To what, then, are we bound nowadays as regards keeping festival days holy?

 Answer: "As regards keeping festival days holy we are to-day bound to sanctify, in the manner proscribed by the Church, the Sundays and other Feast days appointed by her."

 Daniel 7:25 (Amplified Bible)


 "And he shall speak words against the Most High [God] and shall wear out the saints of the Most High and think to change the time [of sacred feasts and holy days] and the law; and the saints shall be given into his hand for a time, two times, and half a time [three and one-half years].

Daniel 7:25 (New Living Translation)


"He will defy the Most High and oppress the holy people of the Most High. He will try to change their sacred festivals and laws, and they will be placed under his control for a time, times, and half a time.

Dan. 7:25 (New American Bible)


"He shall speak against the Most High and oppress the holy ones of the Most High, thinking to change the feast days and the law. They shall be handed over to him for a time, times, and half a time

  Again, let's reason, if the weekly and annual feast days of GOD were abolished, why would there be a need to try or think to change the Holy days of GOD? 

 Blessings! 

in remembrance of the death of Christ, the true Passover; " 

You must read with an open mind. Christ is the true Passover 

Therefore purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed for us. 1 Corinthians 5:7

 He knew that His hour was come; He Himself was the true paschal lamb, and on the day the Passover was eaten He was to be sacrificed {DA 642.1} 

The Passover was a shower

The slaying of the Passover lamb was a shadow of the death of Christ. Says Paul: “Christ our Passover is sacrificed for us.” 1 Corinthians 5:7. The sheaf of first fruits, which at the time of the Passover was waved before the Lord, was typical of the resurrection of Christ.... {CIHS 122.4}

But these shadows and types  were fulfilled 


These types were fulfilled, not only as to the event, but as to the time. On the fourteenth day of the first Jewish month, the very day and month on which for fifteen long centuries the Passover lamb had been slain, Christ, having eaten the Passover with His disciples, instituted that feast which was to commemorate His own death as “the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.” John 1:29 .  {CIHS 123.1}

They have no virtue after the death of Christ

Types and shadows, offerings and sacrifices, had no virtue after Christ’s death on the cross; but God’s law was not crucified with Christ.... Today he [Satan] is deceiving human beings in regard to the law of God.43 {FLB 106.4}

Why do you hold on to types and shadows which has no virtue after the death of Christ? You persist in false doctrines? WHY? Why do you hold with such tenacity false doctrines? Do you want to know why? Pride of opinion. You can post whatever misunderstood history you want, this will not change the fact. i am sure you know these things... 

Peace


Jason wrote: "You must read with an open mind. Christ is the true Passover "


 Jason wrote: "Why do you hold on to types and shadows which has no virtue after the death of Christ? You persist in false doctrines? WHY? Why do you hold with such tenacity false doctrines? Do you want to know why? Pride of opinion. You can post whatever misunderstood history you want, this will not change the fact. i am sure you know these things... "


 Brother Jason, I know your position and you know mines, the annual Holy Days of GOD aren't ceremonial. That's were your mind is close. How can I be confident the annual Holy days of GOD are not ceremonial? Because Jesus observed them, the early observed them, Jewish and Gentile Christians well after the cross.


 So you reading something and coming to your own conclusions can't dispute the facts of history... The clear facts are the annual Holy days of GOD continued to be observed. Can your pride get pass and accept facts of history? 

   

Jason wrote: "You can post whatever misunderstood history you want,.."

 If it's the history I presented that you disagree with then point why you think it's not true.. You think A.T Jones back in 1898 fabricated things in the book Great empires of prophecy?  

 You have to keep in mind, your not at odds with me really, your at odds with Christian history. Because if history proves correct then you teaching the annual Holy days of GOD were abolished at the cross is false. 

 


 EGW: "At Philippi Paul tarried to keep the Passover. Only Luke remained with him, the other members of the company passing on to Troas to await him there. The Philippians were the most loving and truehearted of the apostle’s converts, and during the eight days of the feast he enjoyed peaceful and happy communion with them." AA p.390


 Brother Jason, Luke, Paul and his converts observed the Passover days, the whole eight days.. They didn't observe the old ceremonial rituals during the Holy days of GOD in Philippi, but they did observed the Holy days themselves. Your mind can't fathom doing this because your stuck on believing the annual Holy days are ceremonial, and that if someone promotes them then they must observe those ceremonial temple rituals as well. It's classic, because it's the same thing Sunday keepers say in regards to the Sabbath. 


Let's go further down,


Polycrates wrote
: "We observe the exact day; neither adding, nor taking away. For in Asia also great lights have fallen asleep, which shall rise again on the day of the Lord's coming, when he shall come with glory from heaven, and shall seek out all the saints. Among these are Philip, one of the twelve apostles, who fell asleep in Hierapolis; and his two aged virgin daughters, and another daughter, who lived in the Holy Spirit and now rests at Ephesus; and, moreover, John, who was both a witness and a teacher, who reclined upon the bosom of the Lord, and, being a priest, wore the sacerdotal plate. He fell asleep at Ephesus. And Polycarp in Smyrna, who was a bishop and martyr; and Thraseas, bishop and martyr from Eumenia, who fell asleep in Smyrna. Why need I mention the bishop and martyr Sagaris who fell asleep in Laodicea, or the blessed Papirius, or Melito, the Eunuch who lived altogether in the Holy Spirit, and who lies in Sardis, awaiting the episcopate from heaven, when he shall rise from the dead? All these observed the fourteenth day of the passover according to the Gospel, deviating in no respect, but following the rule of faith. And I also, Polycrates, the least of you all, do according to the tradition of my relatives, some of whom I have closely followed. For seven of my relatives were bishops; and I am the eighth. And my relatives always observed the day when the people put away the leaven. I, therefore, brethren, who have lived sixty-five years in the Lord, and have met with the brethren throughout the world, and have gone through every Holy Scripture, am not affrighted by terrifying words. For those greater than I have said ' We ought to obey God rather than man' --- (Eusebius. Church History, Book V, Chapter 24. Translated by Arthur Cushman McGiffert. Excerpted from Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers, Series Two, Volume 1. Edited by Philip Schaff and Henry Wace. American Edition, 1890. Online Edition Copyright © 2004 by K. Knight; also Eusebius. The History of the Church, Book 5, Chapter XXIV. Digireads.com, 2005, p. 115).

 I keep posting this because no one has addressed it, at the moment it's just getting ignored. Either this history is true or not! 

 

The question you need to ask yourself, is your mind open to the facts of history?


Should I just ignore the facts of history, and what this Gentile Christian brother Polycrates said about some of the apostles and Gentile Christians that came before him?


" We observe the exact day; neither adding, nor taking away."


" All these observed the fourteenth day of the passover according to the Gospel, deviating in no respect, but following the rule of faith."


"And my relatives always observed the day when the people put away the leaven."


 Should I ignore the history lesson A.T Jones presented,

"From Rome there came now another addition to the sunworshipping apostasy. The first Christians being mostly Jews, continued to celebrate, in remembrance of the death of Christ, the true Passover; and this was continued among those who from among the Gentles had turned to Christ. Accordingly, the celebration was always on the Passover day, the fourteenth of the first month. Rome, however, and from her all the West, adopted the day of the sun as the day of this coloration. According to the Eastern custom, the celebration, being on the fourteenth day of the month, would of course fall on different days of the week as the years resolved. The rule of Rome was that the celebration must always be on a Sunday." (Great Empires of Prophecy, 1898, p. 389 by A.T. Jones)


 See Jason, how your reading things is not what history shows, you can't tell me the annual Holy days of GOD are done away with at the cross, and history shows Jewish and gentiles Christians observing them well after the cross, into the second or thrid century. 


 You teaching the annual Holy Days of GOD are abolished is a false doctrine. It's the same thing the Catholic Church teach,


 " The Cath. Church abolished not only the Sabbath, but all the other Jewish festivals. Pray and study. I shall be always glad to help you as long as you honestly seek the truth. Respectfully, T. Enright CSSR.” June 1905


  They don't have a problem with your position Jason, as long as you say the annual Holy days of GOD are abolished... however they take full credit for that teaching.... and they demand we observe Sunday as well as all the other days they prescribe.

 This is from the Catholic Catechism, by Peter Cardinal Gasparri, translated by the Rev. Hugh Pope, O.P., second printing, copyright 1932 and printed by P. J. Kenedy & Sons, Typographi Pontificii, 12 Barclay Street, New York, questions 203-206, pages 120-121.."

(206) To what, then, are we bound nowadays as regards keeping festival days holy?


Answer: "As regards keeping festival days holy we are to-day bound to sanctify, in the manner proscribed by the Church, the Sundays and other Feast days appointed by her."

   The day of taking scripture and SOP quotes to promote a false teaching is over, how do you explain clear facts of Christian history?

 How do you keep teaching the annual Holy days of GOD are done away at the cross when we find out from those facts of history that the early church (from the apostles to Gentiles) continue to observe them? 

 Right now, neither you or Ian has been to able to disprove this history that's presented.. It's either true or not!!!  

 On Biblical side of things, it's clear what the beast will intend to do, 

  


Daniel 7:25Christian Standard Bible (CSB)


25 He will speak words against the Most High and oppress the holy ones of the Most High. He will intend to change religious festivals and laws, and the holy ones will be handed over to him for a time, times, and half a time.


Daniel 7:25Good News Translation (GNT)


25 He will speak against the Supreme God and oppress God's people. He will try to change their religious laws and festivals, and God's people will be under his power for three and a half years.

Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)


25 He will speak words against the Most High and oppress[a] the holy ones of the Most High. He will intend to change religious festivals and laws, and the holy ones will be handed over to him for a time, times, and half a time

  Back to the history to prove the Bible correct,

This is from the Catechism of Pope Pius X:


2 Q. What are festivals?


  A.In the Old Law they were Saturdays and certain other days regarded as specially solemn by the Jews; in the New Law they are Sundays and other festivals instituted by the Church. 

 They are correct in that the Holy feast days includes the weekly Sabbath and the annual sabbaths. They are wrong in saying the feast days are abolished, something you agree with them on.

 Rome is where this thought began brother Jason, you might not adhere to the days the Catholic Church instituted, but you accept their teaching of the annual Holy days of GOD being abolished. 

  I'm sorry you feel as though I'm promoting lies, but from my humble perspective, nothing prideful, I feel that I'm following scripture along with history to prove all things. 

 Blessings! 

We know that neither Ellen White,  the early Adventist nor the Adventist Church as the remnant people of God keep the feast days ,but some other false denominations do. Do you think that these other religions have the truth on this subject and we don't? Are we deceived? 

Ellen White made it clear that the Passover was replaced by the Lord's Supper which was celebrated on the same day and more frequently. 

Christ was standing at the point of transition between two economies and their two great festivals. He, the spotless Lamb of God, was about to present Himself as a sin offering, that He would thus bring to an end the system of types and ceremonies that for four thousand years had pointed to His death. As He ate the Passover with His disciples, He instituted in its place the service that was to be the memorial of His great sacrifice. The national festival of the Jews was to pass away forever. The service which Christ established was to be observed by His followers in all lands and through all ages. {DA 652.2

Sister White said that the shadowy observances which included the festivals did not carry into the Christian system of worship:  

In this ordinance, Christ discharged his disciples from the cares and burdens of the ancient Jewish obligations in rites and ceremonies. These no longer possessed any virtue; for type was meeting antitype in himself, the authority and foundation of all Jewish ordinances that pointed to him as the great and only efficacious offering for the sins of the world. He gave this simple ordinance that it might be a special season when he himself would always be present, to lead all participating in it to feel the pulse of their own conscience, to awaken them to an understanding of the lessons symbolized, to revive their memory, to convict of sin, and to receive their penitential repentance. He would teach them that brother is not to exalt himself above brother, that the dangers of disunion and strife shall be seen and appreciated; for the health and holy activity of the soul are involved. {RH June 14, 1898, par. 15}

This ordinance does not speak so largely to man’s intellectual capacity as to his heart. His moral and spiritual nature needs it. If his disciples had not needed this, it would not have been left for them as Christ’s last established ordinance in connection with, and including, the last supper. It was Christ’s desire to leave to his disciples an ordinance that would do for them the very thing they needed,—that would serve to disentangle them from the rites and ceremonies which they had hitherto engaged in as essential, and which the reception of the gospel made no longer of any force. To continue these rites would be an insult to Jehovah. Eating of the body, and drinking of the blood, of Christ, not merely at the sacramental service, but daily partaking of the bread of life to satisfy the soul’s hunger, would be in receiving his word and doing his will. {RH June 14, 1898, par. 16}
"To continue these rites would be an insult to Jehovah..." 
You re insulting God by your mockery 
The Jews had prided themselves upon their divinely appointed servicesand they concluded that as God once specified the Hebrew manner of worship, it was impossible that he should ever authorize a change in any of its specifications. They decided that Christianity must connect itself with the Jewish laws and ceremonies. They were slow to discern to the end of that which had been abolished by the death of Christ, and to perceive that all their sacrificial offerings had but prefigured the death of the Son of God, in which type had met its antitype, rendering valueless the divinely appointed ceremonies and sacrifices of the Jewish religion. {3SP 370.2}
The sacrifices and ceremonies or holy feast days are done away with my friend: they are gone .... 
Now, I am challenging you to read this last quote prayerfully. Please read prayerfully asking the HS to open your eyes and remove the blind spots to see clearly whether this false doctrine is of God. What you and the other religions are doing is a perversion of scripture. 
There are some who do not understand the plan of redemption, but make the death of Christ an argument to prove that the law of God is abolished. Men who claim to be teachers of the people blind the eyes of the ignorant by blending the moral law with the ceremonial, and using the texts which speak of the ceremonial law to prove that the moral law has been abolished. This is a perversion of the Scriptures. There are two distinct laws brought to view. One is the law of types and shadows, which reached to the time of Christ, and ceased when type met antitype in his death. The other is the law of Jehovah, and is as abiding and changeless as his eternal throne. After the crucifixion, it was a denial of Christ for the Jews to continue to offer the burnt offerings and sacrifices which were typical of his death. It was saying to the world that they looked for a Redeemer to come, and had no faith in Him who had given his life for the sins of the world. Hence the ceremonial law ceased to be of force at the death of Christ. {ST July 29, 1886, par. 4}

Peace 

  Jason wrote: "We know that neither Ellen White, the early Adventist nor the Adventist Church as the remnant people of God keep the feast days ,but some other false denominations do. Do you think that these other religions have the truth on this subject and we don't? Are we deceived? "

  You are correct, EGW and the early Adventist Church didn't promote observance of the annual Holy days of GOD. They were just coming into the knowledge of the Sabbath... But as brother Ian pointed out nowhere SOP in the writings of EGW did it say not to observe them.

 As far as other denominations, if they observe the annual feast of GOD, then they got that right. Yes, we are deceived in believing and teaching the annual Holy days of GOD are done away with. That's a Catholic Church teaching. 

 Jason wrote: "Sister White said that the shadowy observances which included the festivals did not carry into the Christian system of worship: "

 No she didn't, if you believe that, then you believe she is wrong... because it's clear the observance of the annual Holy days of GOD did carry into the Christian system of worship. 

  EGW: "At Philippi Paul tarried to keep the Passover. Only Luke remained with him, the other members of the company passing on to Troas to await him there. The Philippians were the most loving and truehearted of the apostle’s converts, and during the eight days of the feast he enjoyed peaceful and happy communion with them." AA p.390

 What she did say is 

 ".. The national festival of the Jews was to pass away forever. The service which Christ established was to be observed by His followers in all lands and through all ages. "{DA 652.2

  On the surface it would appear this quote is saying the Holy days themselves are done away with, but EGW is saying the "national " festival, or the requirement to be in Jerusalem was to pass away forever, now the NT ceremonies that Jesus instituted could be observed "in all lands", it wasn't a requirement to be in Jerusalem anymore.

 How can we be sure?, because she wrote this about Luke, Paul and his converts

 EGW: "At Philippi Paul tarried to keep the Passover. Only Luke remained with him, the other members of the company passing on to Troas to await him there. The Philippians were the most loving and truehearted of the apostle’s converts, and during the eight days of the feast he enjoyed peaceful and happy communion with them." AA p.390

 The argument that if someone promotes the annual Holy days of GOD then they must be Jerusalem to observe them correctly, that argument is shot down by what EGW wrote in Acts of the apostles, they were in Philippi and they observed the Passover days, the whole eight days. 

 Your reading and saying one thing but the actions of the early church is proving something different. Your saying after the death and resurrection of Jesus those annual Holy days weren't to be observed, and you get that from what Paul said, but the examples of Luke , Paul and his converts shows them still observing the annual Holy days of GOD some 20 years after the cross. 

 I will post the highlighted parts from EGW that you posted brother Jason,

 

 ".. Christ discharged his disciples from the cares and burdens of the ancient Jewish obligations in rites and ceremonies. These no longer possessed any virtue; for type was meeting antitype in himself, the authority and foundation of all Jewish ordinances ..."

".. It was Christ’s desire to leave to his disciples an ordinance that would do for them the very thing they needed,—that would serve to disentangle them from the rites and ceremonies which they had hitherto engaged in as essential, and which the reception of the gospel made no longer of any force. To continue these rites would be an insult to Jehovah..." 


".. The Jews had prided themselves upon their divinely appointed services; and they concluded that as God once specified the Hebrew manner of worship, it was impossible that he should ever authorize a change in any of its specifications. They decided that Christianity must connect itself with the Jewish laws and ceremonies. They were slow to discern to the end of that which had been abolished by the death of Christ, and to perceive that all their sacrificial offerings had but prefigured the death of the Son of God, in which type had met its antitype, rendering valueless the divinely appointed ceremonies and sacrifices of the Jewish religion. {3SP 370.2}

 Jason wrote: "To continue these rites would be an insult to Jehovah..." .. You re insulting God by your mockery" 

 I agree, however the Holy days aren't ceremonies, a day can't be a ceremony, there were ceremonies done on the Holy days including the 7th day Sabbath, but the Holy days itself is not ceremonial. 

 Do you believe Luke , Paul and his converts were insulting GOD by observing the annual Holy days of GOD ? 

EGW: "At Philippi Paul tarried to keep the Passover. Only Luke remained with him, the other members of the company passing on to Troas to await him there. The Philippians were the most loving and truehearted of the apostle’s converts, and during the eight days of the feast he enjoyed peaceful and happy communion with them." AA p.390

 

 What, they didn't get the memo brother Jason? Did they not know they were insulting GOD according to your logic? 

 Jason wrote: "The sacrifices and ceremonies or holy feast days are done away with my friend: they are gone ...."

 Again, sacrifices and ceremonies is different from the Holy days themselves. Nowhere will you find the term ceremonial feast days, that term is made up. The Holy days of GOD are not, I repeat are not ceremonial. 

 A quick test to prove this is the example of Jesus, He observed the annual Holy days of GOD, but yet He didn't observed any ceremonial temple worship with its rites and ceremonies. 

 Jason wrote: "Now, I am challenging you to read this last quote prayerfully. Please read prayerfully asking the HS to open your eyes and remove the blind spots to see clearly whether this false doctrine is of God. What you and the other religions are doing is a perversion of scripture."

 I respect your opinion, let's both read it prayerfully, 

 EGW: "There are some who do not understand the plan of redemption, but make the death of Christ an argument to prove that the law of God is abolished. Men who claim to be teachers of the people blind the eyes of the ignorant by blending the moral law with the ceremonial, and using the texts which speak of the ceremonial law to prove that the moral law has been abolished. This is a perversion of the Scriptures. There are two distinct laws brought to view. One is the law of types and shadows, which reached to the time of Christ, and ceased when type met antitype in his death. The other is the law of Jehovah, and is as abiding and changeless as his eternal throne. After the crucifixion, it was a denial of Christ for the Jews to continue to offer the burnt offerings and sacrifices which were typical of his death. It was saying to the world that they looked for a Redeemer to come, and had no faith in Him who had given his life for the sins of the world. Hence the ceremonial law ceased to be of force at the death of Christ." {ST July 29, 1886, par. 4}

 Bro., this fits you to a tee... You are the one making the death of Christ an argument to prove that the law of GOD is abolished. Your trying to blend GOD'S Holy days of Convocation with the ceremonial. Convocations of GOD are moral brother Jason, again Jesus' life proves that.... The actions of Luke, Paul and his Gentile converts after the cross proves the annual Holy days of GOD are moral. 

 There is nothing in scripture or the SOP in the writings of EGW that uses the term "ceremonial feast days" , again, it's just made up by you and others to try to blend the moral law with the ceremonial law. 

 EGW: "One is the law of types and shadows, which reached to the time of Christ, and ceased when type met antitype in his death."

 SDA understands the Holy set times or days of GOD didn't cease at the death of Jesus, because GOD used Oct.22,1844, which was calculated by understanding the set days of GOD. 

 

 


 EGW: "In like manner the types which relate to the second advent must be fulfilled at the time pointed out in the symbolic service." GC p.399

 Why do you think the Catholic Church takes the claim of abolishing the annual Holy days of GOD, why would they feel a need to abolished something that was supposedly already abolished? 

 

 Again, the history that you continue to ignore shows in the 2nd-3rd century that Gentile Christians observed the 14th day of the first month to observe the Lord Supper with the NT ceremonies Jesus instituted.

 

 "From Rome there came now another addition to the sunworshipping apostasy. The first Christians being mostly Jews, continued to celebrate, in remembrance of the death of Christ, the true Passover; and this was continued among those who from among the Gentles had turned to Christ. Accordingly, the celebration was always on the Passover day, the fourteenth of the first month. Rome, however, and from her all the West, adopted the day of the sun as the day of this coloration. According to the Eastern custom, the celebration, being on the fourteenth day of the month, would of course fall on different days of the week as the years resolved. The rule of Rome was that the celebration must always be on a Sunday." (Great Empires of Prophecy, 1898, p. 389 by A.T. Jones)

 

 Brother Jason, Your misinterpretations is in direct conflict of the examples of the early church!! 

 Blessings! 

How would you handle a member of your local church who insist on teaching and preaching 'another doctrine'; a doctrine that is not found in the SOP and is not taught by the Seventh Day Adventist Church? 

The sincere member is adamant that his doctrine is 'new light,' notwithstanding this same doctrine has been rejected by the body of believes. How would to view this member? 

Would it be better to remove  from church membership this member who  is bringing in discord among the brethren? 

Don't you think if God wanted us to adopt this ' important doctrine' He would have revealed this to 'leading men in the work' or to the messenger of God?

Do your research and see who are the ones pushing this offshoot doctrines 

Hello Reasoning 

Regarding Eusebius, I would not take too much notice of what he says as EGW points out that he was a man who was not shy to compromise on the biblical truth as well as he was a Sunday promoter and a close friend of Constantine 

Royal edicts, general councils, and church ordinances sustained by secular power were the steps by which the pagan festival attained its position of honor in the Christian world. The first public measure enforcing Sunday observance was the law enacted by Constantine. (A.D. 321; see Appendix note for page 53.) This edict required townspeople to rest on “the venerable day of the sun,” but permitted countrymen to continue their agricultural pursuits. Though virtually a heathen statute, it was enforced by the emperor after his nominal acceptance of Christianity. {GC 574.1}
The royal mandate not proving a sufficient substitute for divine authority, Eusebius, a bishop who sought the favor of princes, and who was the special friend and flatterer of Constantine, advanced the claim that Christ had transferred the Sabbath to Sunday. Not a single testimony of the Scriptures was produced in proof of the new doctrine. Eusebius himself unwittingly acknowledges its falsity and points to the real authors of the change. “All things,” he says, “whatever that it was duty to do on the Sabbath, these we have transferred to the Lord’s Day.”—Robert Cox, Sabbath Laws and Sabbath Duties, page 538. But the Sunday argument, groundless as it was, served to embolden men in trampling upon the Sabbath of the Lord. All who desired to be honored by the world accepted the popular festival. {GC 574.2}
God bless you Brother 

Peace


Once again, your just ignoring the facts of history... It's goes against what your teaching. 


 Jason wrote: "How would you handle a member of your local church who insist on teaching and preaching 'another doctrine'; a doctrine that is not found in the SOP and is not taught by the Seventh Day Adventist Church?"


 Jason wrote: "The sincere member is adamant that his doctrine is 'new light,' notwithstanding this same doctrine has been rejected by the body of believes. How would to view this member? "

 Jason wrote: "Would it be better to remove from church membership this member who is bringing in discord among the brethren?
Don't you think if God wanted us to adopt this ' important doctrine' He would have revealed this to 'leading men in the work' or to the messenger of God?
Do your research and see who are the ones pushing this offshoot doctrines "


  I would reason with that person, I ask questions, answer questions, and see if what is being taught is backed up by scripture. As far as SOP, I find nowhere EGW says not to observe the annual Holy days of GOD. 


 Jason wrote: "Don't you think if God wanted us to adopt this ' important doctrine' He would have revealed this to 'leading men in the work' or to the messenger of God?"


 If GOD reveals everything at once to HIS people then I would say yes, but GOD unrolls the scroll when HE wants to.. HIS light of truth shines more and more unto the perfect day. His light of revealed truth hasn't stop shining because EGW is dead Jason. 


 EGW: "A spirit of pharisaism has been coming in upon the people who claim to believe the truth for these last days. They are self-satisfied. They have said, “We have the truth. There is no more light for the people of God.” But we are not safe when we take a position that we will not accept anything else than that upon which we have settled as truth. We should take the Bible, and investigate it closely for ourselves. We should dig in the mine of God’s word for truth. “Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.” Some have asked me if I thought there was any more light for the people of God. Our minds have become so narrow that we do not seem to understand that the Lord has a mighty work to do for us. Increasing light is to shine upon us; for “the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.”"—The Review and Herald, June 18, 1889. – CW p. 34


 Has the SDA Church accepted any new light other than our foundational pillars? With a mindset like yours it'll be impossible, EGW said a mindset like that is "not safe".


 EGW: It is a fact that we have the truth, and we must hold with tenacity to the positions that cannot be shaken; but we must not look with suspicion upon any new light which God may send, and say, Really, we cannot see that we need any more light than the old truth which we have hitherto received, and in which we are settled. While we hold to this position, the testimony of the True Witness applies to our cases its rebuke, “And knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked.” Those who feel rich and increased with goods and in need of nothing, are in a condition of blindness as to their true condition before God, and they know it not."—The Review and Herald, August 7, 1894. – CW p. 33


 EGW: "New light will ever be revealed on the word of God to him who is in living connection with the Sun of Righteousness. Let no one come to the conclusion that there is no more truth to be revealed. The diligent, prayerful seeker for truth will find precious rays of light yet to shine forth from the word of God. Many gems are yet scattered that are to be gathered together to become the property of the remnant people of God.—Counsels on Sabbath School Work, 34 (1892). – CW p.35


 EGW: "There is no excuse for anyone in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation". – CW p. 35

We are living in perilous times, and it does not become us to accept everything claimed to be truth without examining it thoroughly; neither can we afford to reject anything that bears the fruits of the Spirit of God; but we should be teachable, meek and lowly of heart. There are those who oppose everything that is not in accordance with their own ideas, and by so doing they endanger their eternal interest as verily as did the Jewish nation in their rejection of Christ. " – CW p.35


 In your mind brother Jason, of "taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed", that goes against what SOP is saying... You believe because the pioneers weren't teaching new revealed truth from GOD that it can't be truth. I'm sorry, but I can't shut my mind that GOD is still revealing new truth ("gems") to HIS remnant church. Because EGW is dead and didn't teach on the feast days doesn't mean GOD didn't intend for us to receive this unrolling of the scroll, or receive more light that shines brighter and brighter.


 In regards to the annual Holy days of GOD, I presented good reasoning.. Following the examples of the early Christians... it's a reasoning tool we SDA use when teaching about the Sabbath... Jesus observed the Sabbath, the apostles observed the Sabbath, Gentile Christians observed the Sabbath, so we should do the same. You believe that's good reasoning right??


 Taking that same reasoning tool and applying it to the annual Holy days of GOD should be good as well.. Jesus observed the annual Holy days of GOD, that should be good enough for us to say it's good for us to observe,


 EGW: "Jesus is the perfect pattern, and it is the duty and privilege of every child and youth to copy the pattern. Let children bear in mind that the child Jesus had taken upon Himself human nature, and was in the likeness of sinful flesh, and was tempted of Satan as all children are tempted. He was able to resist the temptation of Satan through His dependence upon the divine power of His heavenly Father, as He was subject to His will, and obedient to all His commands. He kept His Father’s statutes, precepts, and laws. He was continually seeking counsel of God, and was obedient to His will." – SD p.128


 EGW: "Christ was a representative before men and before angels, of the character of the God of heaven. He demonstrated the fact that when humanity depends wholly upon God, men may keep God’s commandments and live, and His law be as the apple of the eye. The example of Christ is authoritative for every son and daughter of Adam. He represented the law of God in His life, giving to men an example of what obedience to every precept will accomplish for human nature. He is our example, and every one who is endowed with reasoning faculties is required to follow in His footsteps; for His life is a perfect pattern to all humanity. Christ is the finished standard of the character to which every one may attain.... – SD p.137


 Jesus observed the annual Holy days of GOD my brother.. your saying we shouldn't follow His example in this regards? If so, how does that reasoning work for the 7th day Sabbath and not the other Holy days of GOD?


 Blessings!

RSS

Site Sponsors

 

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free


USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

 

© 2021   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service